Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 03:33 PM

Location: Branson-Hollister-Kimberling City-Blue Eye-Ridgedale
1,814 posts, read 5,380,482 times

Advertisements

No thanks to my directions...a very nice group gathered for our second Coffee Club meeting. At Churchill's on Republic Road.

We all talked about how weird it is to get together with folks you've met online and how we decided to move to Missouri and lots of little "getting to know you" things.

And that's exactly what Mrs. Chilicook had in mind when she master-minded this club...a safe place to get to know others that have moved in from "not here". Speaking of Mrs. C...her foot is healing nicely by all reports, but she's still a couple of weeks away from being released by the docs to party with us'ns again.

Thanks to everyone who took the time...I really enjoyed it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2007, 06:44 PM

791 posts, read 1,819,596 times
Talking What a fun time we had!!!

Well, since LJ chimed in about our OTFCC Meet & Greet today, I didn't want to be left out, so hows about I try my hand too.

The attendees at Churchill's on Republic Rd., were LJ, G4, her friend 'Stealth' , my DH 'Scooby',(Yeah!!! our first male attendee) and myself. ('Stealth' is not her real name, but we're trying to convince this awesome lady that she can't live without us, so I'm, er....we're hoping that she 'follows the light' to CDF and joins this awesome group of ours. She would so fit in here!!! Come on in 'Stealthy Girl'......the waters warm.....and we don't bite. (Although some of us nibble from time to time) hehehehehe

G4 & 'Stealth' joined LJ & I in some great conversation. Speaking for myself, I had a great time!!!!! G4 & 'Stealth' are super gals and I truly hope that they are able to make it to more OTFCC meets. We talked about whatever came to mind, which included what LJ already stated, as well as the changes we faced and adjustments we had to make in our moves from CA to MO. Isn't that funny....we were all from CA. LOLOL Apparently they closed Agnew State Hospital a little too soon. hehehehehe Juuuuuuust kidding.

It was actually very helpful for me to share stories about our new adventures in MO. Things that seem scary or unfamiliar aren't so bad when you're able to hear other peoples perspectives on things. But the BEST part of it all.....is that, by hangin' out with bestest friends in the world here at CDF, and those I've met in person in the OTFCC, I don't feel so alone anymore. And that's a wonderful feeling for a girl that didn't know anything but CA living. There's no looking back now.......cuz it just don't get much better'n this.

MrsG, Gripster, MrsC, Jams, you were terribly missed. Hopefully we'll have better luck next time.

And to tell you what a good time we had, G4, myself & DH didn't leave until 1pm. G4, you are Da Bomb!!! Hopefully we'll meet up again soon. Yep, it was a gooooood day!!! LJ had to leave around 12pm because she had to go back to work, But, we managed to keep her there longer than she should have. yippeeeeeee

Alright, that's enough of that for now....dang....I swear!!!! I just don't know when to shut up, do I????????

Thank you LJ, G4, Stealth & Scooby for making our visit a great one!!!

Happy As Pie,
Boof

Old 09-12-2007, 07:49 PM

Default Yep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boof View Post
The attendees at Churchill's on Republic Rd., were LJ, G4, her friend 'Stealth' , my DH 'Scooby',(Yeah!!! our first male attendee) and myself.
It was awesome. A pleasure to meet everyone new...but I hafta "tell" on Boof 'cause Scooby poked his head in just to check us out, you know "whatta the crazies from the internet look like"...and was gonna leave but then he hung around a few and decided to belly up!
In time he was joinin' in and just "one of the gang"...!

Sorry, Boof...it was cute as all get out...you know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boof View Post
MrsG, Gripster, MrsC, Jams, you were terribly missed. Hopefully we'll have better luck next time. Boof
That's the truth. It wasn't the same without youn's.

Old 09-12-2007, 07:57 PM

1,280 posts, read 4,339,338 times
I think ya all should take pictures so the rest of us can take pictures of how we look ...GREEN WITH ENVY!

Old 09-12-2007, 08:31 PM

526 posts, read 1,246,136 times
Default Ain't that the truth !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2beamissourian View Post
I think ya all should take pictures so the rest of us can take pictures of how we look ...GREEN WITH ENVY!
Boy that's true........................http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd32/jdslady/animated/xyxwave.gif (broken link)

Old 09-13-2007, 07:57 AM

791 posts, read 1,819,596 times
Default I got pix...

2B & JD,

I did get a few pix. If we get permission from the attendees, I'd be more than happy to post them. Didn't get 'Scooby' in the pix tho...he's the one that took them.

He'd originally planned on just dropping me off so I could visit wit the gals, while he went job hunting. He'd planned on applying at several different places in Springfield, but when he found out that we'd only be there about an hour, he figured why leave only to turn around and come back. When we left, I asked him if he'd enjoyed himself, and he actually had a really nice time. He & G4 got to 'talk shop' a little, so that helped.

Ya'll really should try to come next time....it's actually very enjoyable. Would a Saturday gathering be easier for some of you who work during the week??? Please chime in....we need to make it so as many people as possible can attend....that's the point of all this.

It looks like the next Partaaaaay is going to be on Oct. 17th, somewhere in Branson. To verify the latest info, please check the OTFCC thread.

Over & Out,
Boof

Old 09-14-2007, 12:51 PM

318 posts, read 726,972 times
I guess you can post the picture. Gripster and I joked about posting a pic of the 2 of us and have you guess, who's -who....

Great to finally meet at least 2 of the City Data family we have going.

See you next month!

Old 09-14-2007, 02:35 PM

879 posts, read 2,878,142 times
Default Ah bummer...

What a bummer that I missed it, but I'm glad ya'll had a good time. And whahoo to Mr. Boof....glad you hung around and joined in.
See ya'll back on the OTFCC...

Mrs. C

Old 09-15-2007, 10:52 AM

Default Post the pictures!

Boof...please do post the pics...maybe the ones hiding out will see we're all normal-looking!
(I don't want to hear any looks-can-be-deceiving cracks, Shadow...)

Old 09-15-2007, 11:00 AM

2,896 posts, read 6,632,726 times
pictures??? Someone took pictures and is bogartin' em??? 'Sup with dat?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri