Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2007, 02:17 PM

1,554 posts, read 4,551,570 times

Advertisements

Hey you all since I just recently did my move and it went great. I highly recommend the moving company called Wheaton World Wide Moving Wheaton World Wide Moving - Storage and Moving Service | Household Moving Company or call 1-800-248-7960 ( Wheaton is on BBB info too).For numerous reason for once they were able to do it on the date I requested and deliver on my date ( it can't be two weeks( pay for storage) they were gonna deliver on Friday but requested to be moved on Sat but end up on Sun) so I don't have to stress out getting to Missouri in a hurry. Wheaton also does free home estimate which I liked and no deposit was required. Even though this company was way cheaper than all the other estimates I got by phone.Believe me I got about 5 estimates and I had only two in home estimates. On monday morning they were a little late getting to my place. I had to call to find out what is going on and was notify that the truck was running late and will be there in about a hour. I had two movers from premium movers (moving company in town) and the truck driver and his son. The truck driver Mike Wiggins was very polite and courteous. He marked everything with tape and wrote down most of the boxes on the paper. The other three guys did most of the moving. Everything was moved with care. I had plenty of water and gatorade. They were done in about three hours. When my stuff was delivered it was the driver Mike Wiggins and his nephew that unload my stuff into the storage. They were very careful with my stuff and took there time. The movers even wrapped up my furniture with my sleeping bags and blankets so they will be protected in the storage facility. I had lots of gatorade and water. It took them about 4 to 5 hours since they was by themselves being on a Sunday. They couldn't get any other workers but it worked out fine because I didn't have the kids. I gave them each 25 dollar tip. Mike and his nephew seemed appreciated for the tip. It was hot but they took there time and did everything careful.

Couples of tips to point out:
I did all my own packing
make sure you get a in home estimate by weight not cubic feet
I asked for bidding contract (if you get a non bidding your price can go up after the official move.)You got to make sure everything is on the list or they won't take it because it can go over the weight limit.You can always add to the list five days before the move but you have to fax the signed contract.
If your flexiable with the move date you can request for Mike Wiggins to be your mover. He was excellent. I hope I help you all with a highly recommended Moving Company.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2007, 02:39 PM

871 posts, read 1,985,286 times
Thats is great info! I was getting estimates from AFB. Im Going to check to see if we have one here in Cali thanks Kary!

Old 09-10-2007, 02:48 PM

Bentaxlecrew they don't have to be in Cali....because they are nationwide. The business is IN. Wheaton picks up everywhere. My driver has done pick up and delivery to California. I know because I asked the question since I was from Cali.When Wheaton does an in home estimate they send a moving company that is close by to do a check of list of what you got. Then wheaton will give you estimate by email. Good Luck!!

Old 09-10-2007, 05:19 PM

46 posts, read 236,588 times
or P.O.D.S. i dealt first hand with them with my father and mother in-law on their move to MO. they are so easy to work with and so very flexible.

Old 09-10-2007, 11:00 PM

Im glad you posted this karey! I think it will be helpful to many.

Old 09-11-2007, 07:22 AM

430 posts, read 1,264,108 times
Default No PODS for us

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberbone View Post
or P.O.D.S. i dealt first hand with them with my father and mother in-law on their move to MO. they are so easy to work with and so very flexible.

Alas, PODS will not deliver to Gravois Mills, MO. We'll end up renting a truck and paying someone to drive it out for us (maybe one of the boys will do it) and then flying them back to Tucson. Moving is such work, but worth it!!

O.Nana

Old 09-11-2007, 10:33 AM

I love moving. I love packing everthing neatly into little boxes. Then when you get to your new place. Its like Christmas!! Unwrap it and put it in its new place!
GOOD TIMES!

Old 09-11-2007, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentaxlecrew View Post
I love moving. I love packing everthing neatly into little boxes. Then when you get to your new place. Its like Christmas!! Unwrap it and put it in its new place!
GOOD TIMES!
If you LOVE it so much next time you can come over my house to pack and unpack for me. Then it will feel like Christmas to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri