Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2007, 04:26 PM

2,142 posts, read 4,450,856 times

Advertisements

(A cut and paste from the "Special Request" thread. Thanks for bearing with me on this!)

I'm just fidgeting over not hearing back from StJoeFanatic in a few weeks and how she's been doing. My own trip to St. Joseph is only one more week away as I write this. Hard to believe!

When we left off, she had thankfully at long last sold her house in St. Joe but got exposed to all kinds of poison oak and had to be put on the powerful corticosteroid drug Prednisone to clear up the dreadful reaction. I'm trying not to get too worried over how she's been doing with that, and hoping she and Mr. SJF have just been very busy with the change of ownership and looking for a new truck, and that it hasn't been health issues that have prevented her from checking in with us and letting us know what's been happening.

So just like before, SJF, please don't feel like you need to apologize for being away from here; I'm just hoping you're still on the rebound health-wise and that if you're reading this, you can give us the latest. I and the rest of us are always here for you if you're ever finding yourself in need of support, encouragement, prayer, and also rejoicing with you in good times, or all of the above!

Lastly, someone--I don't know if it's Northwoods Voyager or who it was, but someone mentioned a couple of weeks ago that she was having a tough time selling her house too. I haven't been able to find the post I saw then, so if you know who you are, please come forward, OK? END

SJF, hopefully it'll work out that I can meet you and your husband, and take the two of you to dinner one evening as an expression of thanks for your efforts in giving me good inside information about St. Joe, and for the library job tip you gave me. During the days I'm there, I'm going to be very busy driving to and visiting library systems in the area, and I would like to visit two homes that are for sale in town (one on Lover's Lane, and one on Ashland Ave.) as well. Again, I can certainly understand if you're busy with domestic affairs--completing the sale of your house and so forth, and we can't hook up when I'm in town. I and the rest of us here are just concerned too with your recovery from the poison oak exposure, and want to know you're doing OK. Please take care, and if you're able to take just a moment to drop in here, that would be wonderful. As always, blessings and all the best to you, with much gratitude!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2007, 08:43 PM

97 posts, read 347,298 times
Again, I am so very sorry I have not been in touch sooner!
As you can all imagine, our lives have been WAY BEYOND hectic since I was last here!

First things first! I am still recovering somewhat from the poison oak. My face, thankfully, is no longer the size of a basketball! I still have rashes on my hands and knees (of all places). I have been finished with the predisone for about 3 days now and the only real side affect I had with it, was insomnia and it was BAD... I went about 15 days on about 15 hours sleep! That was pretty bad...but luckily, I seem to have bounced back pretty good! By and large, I am better! I am sure all of your prayers assisted in that healing, so thank you!

Next...we SOLD our house TODAY! We closed at 11:30am central time...so, for the time being, we are "renting" our own former home

And, as of late this afternoon, we take possession of our new house close to the end of the month!

So, as you can see, EVERYTHING is moving WAY MORE QUICKLY than I am prepared for!

So, in about 2 weeks, we will be moving into our new home!
Thanks, in no small part, to the well wishes and prayers from all of you FANTASTIC folks! We are eternally grateful!

Now, on a personal note to NORTHBAYERIC:
First, thank you so much for the greeting card! It was such a suprise and a nice one at that. I have been remise in responding, as I was waiting to see what was going to happen with the house selling/house buying situation....and, as you can see above, I sincerely cannot find a good time when we would be able to meet up with you during your trip! There is just so much going on, and as of late this afternoon, our plans are still not firmed up, as they might be moving the closing of our new house up ANOTHER week...so we really have to not only remain flexible at this point, but also diligent in our packing as we now only have 2 weeks, and maybe less! (plus, we are hoping to get out of this house ASAP, as we are paying rent by the day until we are gone, and do not wish to pay more than we have to...must save every dime since we had to sell our home for almost $15k less than we originally listed at!) So, as much as we would love to meet you and take you around town to see the sights...it is truly just not going to work out during this trip! However, I just know you are going to fall in love with this town after you are here for a few days, so I know you will be coming back...and just maybe when that happens, we will be settled!

Again, to everyone on this fabulous Missouri forum...you are all a blessing! Thank you all so very much...for everything!
YOU are why we LOVE living in Missouri!

Old 09-11-2007, 08:55 PM

97 posts, read 347,298 times
By the way Eric!
There was a house that JUST posted for sale, that looks EXACTLY like our inside, but is much smaller (2 bed/1bath/no garage) but the price is fantastic at $87,500 and it is JUST BEAUTIFUL! I don't know if it will still be for sale when you get here next week, but if it is, you REALLY should go see it!

Here is the link!

Homes For Sale -- AOKhometours.com -- 079879

PS, in the ad, it mentions it is 3 blocks south of Jerre Anne's. That is a fabulous homemade comfort food (from scratch! just like grandma made) restaurant, that is cafeteria style with the best food ever...however, better than that, they are known for the BEST HOMEMADE PIES in this entire part of the state! If we only lived 3 blocks from there, I would be too big to fit through the door of the house...it is that good! (And, just an FYI...that is a decent part of town to boot!)

Anyway, just thought you should check it out!

Now, back to regular programming!

Old 09-11-2007, 10:02 PM

2,142 posts, read 4,450,856 times
Talking So good to hear back from you!!

It's great hearing back from you, and I'm so happy that the worst is apparently over regarding the poison oak and your prednisone regimen! I'll try to keep this brief, and I'm going to send you a (hopefully equally brief!) private message. Don't worry about replying to either. Right now it's essential that you and your husband continue doing what you need to do, and I'll do what I need to do back there on my trip, OK? Then God willing, we'll be face-to-face neighbors and friends within a matter of months once Mrs. Northbayeric and I get moved back there. Just bear down on getting moved out of the old place so as to keep the daily rent as minimal as possible.

My wife and I just became an aunt and uncle once again today too! Our sister-in-law (my wife's brother's wife) gave birth to a baby girl (her fourth child--the first three are boys) at 6:18 pm Pacific time! Another Praise God moment!

I will plan on dining at that restaurant, SJF--definitely! If those pies make my wife and I put on a few extra ounces, we'll just have to take longer walks on St. Joe's urban trails when the time comes. I can't wait to get back there and see as much stuff there as I can during the time I have! When I get back, I'll let you know how my adventures went here.

Old 09-11-2007, 11:36 PM

430 posts, read 1,264,023 times
Talking Glad to hear from you!!

StJF...glad to see your doing better and getting everything in order for the big move! Nothing is more rewarding than getting that house closed!! Then it really starts sinking in....no more worry's...it's over with! Then the excitement of closing on your "new" house....thank goodness it's finally yours! Take each day one at a time and look forward to this as one big adventure! Try not to stress to much....I know, easy for me to say!!

NBEric, congratulations on the healthy addition to your family! Nothing puts a smile on your face more than a new life on this earth!

O.Nana

Last edited by Ozark Nana; 09-11-2007 at 11:37 PM.. Reason: can't spell again tonight...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri