Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2007, 04:24 AM

1,280 posts, read 4,340,727 times

Advertisements

jd where are you at?

We had tornados here last night too....... went from 85 to about 50 in less than an hour then the sirens blew like crazy ..lost electricity .........someone said one touched down in Grafton Illinois and one in Calhoun County Illinois ..........just a hop skip from me ...

Old 10-03-2007, 06:37 AM

25,464 posts, read 13,574,744 times
Unhappy Sad News

Quote:
Originally Posted by autumngal View Post
Don't mean to bust up the party me friends, but Cecila Rose spent alot of of time in this forum, and always mentioned her cat especially when throwing the reps to ya from him, so thought you might want to know her cat did pass away. below is a link to her post,

//www.city-data.com/forum/cats/...ml#post1636737
Thanks autumngal. Read about this on another thread and responded. I imagine she is terribly broken up. Makes us put aside some of our own small concerns and extend our sympathy to her. Thanks again for the notice my friend...

Old 10-04-2007, 09:16 AM

871 posts, read 1,985,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2beamissourian View Post
jd where are you at?

We had tornados here last night too....... went from 85 to about 50 in less than an hour then the sirens blew like crazy ..lost electricity .........someone said one touched down in Grafton Illinois and one in Calhoun County Illinois ..........just a hop skip from me ...
I wondered where jd is also. Hope everything is ok.

85 to 50 degrees! Thats amazing. Its just dawned on me that thats how you sometimes get the hail with tornados. Blows my mind to have hail in the summertime!

Old 10-04-2007, 02:19 PM

526 posts, read 1,246,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2beamissourian View Post
jd where are you at?

We are in the very NW corner of Arkansas. We had alot of rain, streets flooding, alot of wind and some hail but, thankfully, no tornados. Glad to hear you are okay. Any luck on your house selling yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentaxlecrew View Post
I wondered where jd is also. Hope everything is ok.
AWwwwwww you missed me? How sweet. I was in Branson/Hollister area yesterday.

Old 10-04-2007, 02:29 PM

15,971 posts, read 9,385,776 times
Inoxkeeper's been kinda MIA also.......

Old 10-04-2007, 02:57 PM

791 posts, read 1,820,019 times
Unhappy Sorry I've been gone...long story......

Hi Gang,

Do you remember me????? I can't believe it's been 10 days since I was last here!!!

I tried catching up, but it looks like I've really lost out on alot. You are all very dear to me, so I'll be totally honest with you. Things have been a bit overwhelming for me this last month, and it's been difficult for me to process everything.

Healthwise, DH & I are fine. No illnesses or injuries. However, our little girl Maggi has been worrying us. Since moving here, she's been having 'episodes' where her legs get weak, she staggers around, vomits, gets diahrrea, and shakes as if she's got Parkinson's. We took her to the Veterinarian, and the only thing they found was her Thyroid was 1/10th of a point below low normal. It's supposed to be 1.0 and her's was .90. So, to us, it's not significant enough to be causing these symptoms. After some soul searching & research, we've come to the conclusion that it's her Heartworm medicine that we started her on before we left CA. The Vet. there advised us that Heartworm is VERY prevelant in MO, and URGED us to get her on the meds. So, we did. Sort of reluctantly, as we don't like the idea of taking medications if they aren't absolutely necessary.

Well, before we left CA, and AFTER giving her her 2nd dose of the medication, Maggi couldn't walk on her left front leg. She limped as if her leg were broken or severly strained. The Vet. said it was muscular, and we got her on MORE meds, and Chiropractic treatment. At that point, I decided to discontinue the Heartworm meds, and see if she improved. After time, she did improve, but when I told the Vet I felt it was the Heartworm medicine, he tried hard to convince me that it wasn't the meds.

Well, I kept her off of the meds for several months and had no further incident. As the time came closer to move, I started worrying that if we didn't put her back on the meds, that she might get Heartworm, and I couldn't accept responsibility for letting her get sick. So, again, reluctantly, we got her back on the meds. For the first month, she was fine. But, just like the last time, after the 2nd dose, she started having symptoms. The 'episodes' started. We took her to the Vet, got the tests, and started looking at her Thyroid as the cause, although in my heart, I knew that wasn't it. Well, after the 3rd dose, her 'episodes' increased, and now today, she's starting to limp on her left front leg again.

It is my firm belief that it's her Heartworm medication, and it's causing Neurological damage of some sort. Now, I'm not a Vet., nor have I ever worked for one, but as a 'mommy', it's what my gut is telling me. So, I've contacted the Vet., and told her we want to get her off the meds. Now she's telling me that Maggi really should be on Heartworm meds, but we can change brands.

So, off to do MORE research. I found that the meds we were giving her caused several side effects, all of which Maggi is exhibiting. I did find another one, which apparently is a lot safer with almost no side effects being reported. STRESS STRESS STRESS!!!!!!!

So, now we don't know what to do. Do we take her off of all meds for the winter and let her body recover a bit? Or do we just switch the meds and see what happens. Her health is very important to us, but her body is going through too much, and I don't want her overwhelmed to the point that she gets even more ill or worse......

Add to that that I've been helping my hubby in his job search...which might not seem too bad, but for me, always is!!! The good news is that he'd gotten a job, and so far, he really likes the company & the people. Now it's just a matter of getting settled in to his new position and getting more familiar with his job duties & procedures.

Well, now that he's got a job, I've started looking for something that I can do from home. We've only got 1 running car, so I'm sort of stuck. But, I like the idea of working from home. Saves on Gas & and stuff, plus I'm home when he gets home, and I can take care of the little stuff, ya know? Well, finding something reputable that I like is turning out to be a HUGE challenge for me, and it's stressin' me out BIG TIME!!! But, it's sort of my own doing. Hubby says he'd like it if I didn't work. He says a lot of his reasons for moving us out here is so that I wouldn't have to work. So while he's not pushing me, (he's actually discouraging me) from getting a job, I'm needing something to occupy my mind and time. Just something small.

Anyhoo, with all that going on, and then to have XXXXXXXXX come in here and start causing unrest and stirring things up, well, it was the last straw for me. I had to take a break for a while, cuz it really PISSED ME OFF!!!!!!!!!!! (Sorry for the language, MrsG). Now that I'm back, I'll be putting them on my Ignore list. The first one...but, don't feel honored, cuz it's not something to feel proud of!!!!!

I've missed you all terribly, and hope that you are all doing well. I'm going to try to spend the next few days on getting caught up, and if it's ok with ya'll, I'd like to get back in the pool. I promise not to pee in it. hehehee

Oh, and Bent Axle...sorry for being so late.....the answer to your question is: Nick Guilder. (Hope I spelled that right) hehehehe

Sorry this was so long, but I felt the need to explain what's been going on, and I just wanted to share with my friends. Are we ok????

GIANT HUGS & PECKS TO YOU ALL!!!!!

Missed Ya,
Boof

Old 10-04-2007, 05:01 PM

1,291 posts, read 2,895,331 times
Greetings all...I too have been busy as heck and not on line a whole lot.
I hope ya'll are having fun where ever you are!

Old 10-04-2007, 05:16 PM

Boof has me thinking of home job ideas.........hmmm

Boof we have business lingo going through our house big time .......if all works out we might have a family of self employed looking for help

I am debating on just a preschool program instead of the full daycare ..

daughter in law has decided to go to college for massage therapy ...

son thinks life is easy and mommy and daddy will keep giving .......well daddy had the talk with him this evening ............ and hes not a happy camper!

and my daughter thinks she can stay home forever and be a starving artist ..............so her daddy told her tonight that she would be a working slave girl if she stays home! lol

fun at our home never stops!

So back to work at home ideas?

Home daycare

dog raising - breeding - not sure of the term - you like animals boof

Medical transcription

I got it Boof you can be a forum manager etetteeehhheee what does this job do.. you manage the chit chat and keep attendance and make sure everyone is checking in

Gosh I missed ya!

Old 10-04-2007, 05:23 PM

OMG OMG OMG >>>>>>>

I dont want to jinx myself .but OMG OMG OMG

Pray this offer comes through!!! all I said to St. Joseph was he was getting buried ............... and well just pray ya all I want to be a Missouri folk!!!

Old 10-04-2007, 05:25 PM

25,464 posts, read 13,574,744 times
Default Boof

Just read our post..Glad to hear from you. But sorry to hear about your furbaby. Have you checked with another Vet.? This is stressful, I know, been there. Hope that you eventually can fine something to do at home. It's hard to find around here, unless you want to babysit.

Good Luck to you and hope life gets less hectic for you. Just come here often and let us know how things are going for you. You have so many friends here.

Take care http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb203/northwoodsvoyager/mouse.gif (broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri