Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2008, 07:53 PM

526 posts, read 1,246,294 times

Advertisements

Oh Bent, where are you?????????????? Nascar starts one month from tomorrow !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd32/jdslady/Nascar-1.gif (broken link)

Old 01-17-2008, 07:13 AM

902 posts, read 717,689 times
In 1889, Aunt Jemima pancake flour, invented at St. Joseph, Missouri, was the first self-rising flour for pancakes and the first ready-mix food ever to be introduced commercially.

Have you heard about the latest virus?

Your PC suddenly claims it's a Mac.

Old 01-18-2008, 11:31 AM

Location: Branson-Hollister-Kimberling City-Blue Eye-Ridgedale
1,814 posts, read 5,380,933 times
Thumbs up Are you registered to vote in Missouri?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boof View Post
I'm scared to DEATH that if the people of MO don't speak up, that this is exactly what's going to happen. What a travesty that would be!!! I think one of the things us California transplants can do to help, is to share our horror stories with these wonderful people any time we can, and let them know that CA isnt' all that it's cracked up to be, and that there is nothing in CA worth emulating. Look where it's gotten them. Deep in the crapper, and no way to get out! We've been there, done that, and it's no picnic. In fact, it's driving Full Blooded Californians like you, Bassman, MrsG, and myself (among others), to leave their homes because we just can't take it anymore. Our freedom is being taken away a little bit EVERY DAY!!!

So next time they want to pass a Planning & Zoning law, or anything else that will take away another one of your freedoms.....just say NO, NO, NO!!! Because once the first dominoe falls, it's all over. Trust me, IT'S NOT WORTH IT!!! ***Boof quietly steps off of her soapbox...again***

Going to cool off,
Boof
Don't cool off too much, Ms. Boof...we need people who care enough to speak up!

Please...everyone...REGISTER TO VOTE!

And while you're at it, dig into the issues and be an informed voter!
Right now there are a number of things you may see showing up on your ballot having to do with your individual rights & keeping our wonderful low property taxes in rural parts of this great state...

Beware of anything that wants to introduce a "certificate of value"...at the time of the sale of real property!
Beware of bills that will increase fees for the recording of real property...even if they claim they will help the homeless! (There's more to the story...!)
Beware of legislation that will reduce or eliminate any tax credits!
Beware of the bill that will require reassessment upon the sale of real property!

And I've been forced to re-evaluate my stand on the legislation regarding the use of cell phones while driving a car...word from the hill is that the folks who are wanting to require hands-free units have another agenda...all the studies are showing that it's not holding the phone that is the problem...it's the talking on the phone.
These bills are only designed as a foot-in-the-door.
Next will they want to outlaw talking to your passengers?
Or eating cheeseburgers?

Whew...it's a slippery slope!

Old 01-18-2008, 12:06 PM

791 posts, read 1,819,719 times
Default You Go Girl!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake Junkie View Post

Right now there are a number of things you may see showing up on your ballot having to do with your individual rights & keeping our wonderful low property taxes in rural parts of this great state...

Beware of anything that wants to introduce a "certificate of value"...at the time of the sale of real property!
Beware of bills that will increase fees for the recording of real property...even if they claim they will help the homeless! (There's more to the story...!)
Beware of the bill that will require reassessment upon the sale of real property!

And I've been forced to re-evaluate my stand on the legislation regarding the use of cell phones while driving a car...word from the hill is that the folks who are wanting to require hands-free units have another agenda...all the studies are showing that it's not holding the phone that is the problem...it's the talking on the phone.
Or eating cheeseburgers?

Dang, LJ, girl, you really know your stuff!!! That's awesome!

I agree with you on all points. http://bestsmileys.com/thumbs/2.gif (broken link) As with the Cell Phones, you're right...theyr'e getting a foot-in-the-door, and once they get in, there'll be no stoppin' 'em. I've seen it & lived it in CA, and it's NOT PRETTY!!!

People need to take a stand, http://bestsmileys.com/hitting/18.gif (broken link) and tell their Govt. representatives that you don't agree, and they need to find an alternative solution. One that will benefit the public, not oppress them.

Everyone.....listen to LJ....she knows of what she speaks! http://bestsmileys.com/talking/4.gif (broken link)

Behind ya all the way,
Boof

Old 01-18-2008, 01:42 PM

902 posts, read 717,689 times
Something I have noticed too is that what starts in CA seems to creep ever Eastward. Beware of anything that happens in CA is my watchword.

Old 01-18-2008, 01:44 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,391,501 times
yes, soothsayers say, 2012 oct coasts will disappear, im takin swimming lessons and gettin swim fins.

Old 01-18-2008, 02:39 PM

870 posts, read 3,081,296 times
Default Head for the hills,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunky39 View Post
yes, soothsayers say, 2012 oct coasts will disappear, im takin swimming lessons and gettin swim fins.
The rest of the world will be right behind...The end of the Mayan Calendar is December 21, 2112.....

Enjoy Life fully!! No one will get out of here alive!!

Old 01-18-2008, 05:24 PM

2,142 posts, read 4,449,811 times
Thumbs down Eat a CHEESEBURGER, Go To JAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake Junkie View Post

Or eating cheeseburgers?

Thankfully our California Thermostat Brigade has been driven back for the time being. But the energy shortages and lack of new power plants is still a reality, so we have to be ever vigilant.

In California, you're breaking the law if you light up a smoke in your own car and there's a child in the car with you. Now I don't smoke, don't like secondhand smoke in a confined area (except when you have the lid to a Weber barbecue kettle closed while the meat's cookin', of course ), but to pass a law--I mean, how is a police officer supposed to enforce something like this, for heaven's sake? And if you're still making car payments for your own car? Ooooohhhh, this is just getting to BE TOO MUCH! Let me shut up about Kalifornia for the time being!

LJ, you have done everyone, current and new readers, an invaluable service in writing this post! These are pitfalls neither I nor hardly anyone else would know about until it's too late in most cases. So my undying thanks to you! Yep, you and Boof, and da jammer and a number of others used to live in California and know what's threatening to come down the pike here. As for cheeseburgers, some cities and towns don't like restaurant drive-throughs. I believe in nearby Cotati, drive-throughs are BANNED, PROHIBITED, FORBIDDEN, DISALLOWED and just plain AGAINST THE LAW. If it wasn't for my bad cholesterol, I'd scarf down an In 'N Out Double-Double cheeseburger and an order of French fries right now!

Old 01-18-2008, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozark-Baby View Post
Something I have noticed too is that what starts in CA seems to creep ever Eastward. Beware of anything that happens in CA is my watchword.
Well one thing that's happening in CA is that me, Mrs. Northbayeric, Cali BassMan, Cali BassWoman, bentaxlecrew and Mr. Bentaxlecrew are all plotting to leave California and creep ever eastward (actually travel at between 65 and 75 mph on eastbound Interstates 80, 70 and 40) to Missouri. This is the only thing that you guys don't have to beware of!

We'll work with you to make Missouri a powerful fortification against Loony Legislation, having been on the receiving end of it out here for too long! And have lots of fun and good times with you at the same time!

Old 01-18-2008, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozark-Baby View Post
Due to the climate of political correctness now pervading America , Alabamians, Kentuckians, Tennesseans and West Virginians will no longer be referred to as "HILLBILLIES."

You must now refer to them as APPALACHIAN-AMERICANS.

And furthermore....HOW TO SPEAK ABOUT WOMEN AND BE POLITICALLY CORRECT:

1 She is not a "BABE" or a "CHICK" - She is a " BREASTED AMERICAN."

2. She is not "EASY" - She is "HORIZONTALLY ACCESSIBLE."

3. She is not a "DUMB BLONDE" - She is a "LIGHT-HAIRED DETOUR OFF THE INFORMATION SUPERHIGHWAY."

4. She has not "BEEN AROUND" - She is a "PREVIOUSLY-ENJOYED COMPANION."

5 She does not "NAG" you - She becomes " VERBALLY REPETITIVE."

6. She is not a "TWO-BIT HOOKER" - She is a " LOW COST PROVIDER."

HOW TO SPEAK ABOUT MEN AND BE POLITICALLY CORRECT:

1. He does not have a "BEER GUT" - He has developed a "LIQUID GRAIN STORAGE FACILITY."

2. He is not a "BAD DANCER" - He is " OVERLY CAUCASIAN."

3.. He does not "GET LOST ALL THE TIME" - He "INVESTIGATES ALTERNATIVE DESTINATIONS."

4. He is not "BALDING" - He is in"FOLLICLE REGRESSION."

5. He does not act like a "TOTAL ASS" - He develops a case of RECTAL-CRANIAL INVERSION."

6. It' s not his "CRACK" you see hanging out of his pants - It's "REAR CLEAVAGE."
This is all uproariously funny! Thanks, Ozark-Baby!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri