Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2006, 05:10 PM

1,126 posts, read 3,855,162 times

Advertisements

Can someone please post some good areas to live in. Some where away from the city 15-45min away. Good schools, low crime, etc.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2006, 10:30 PM

14 posts, read 64,473 times
Default I live in Mt Vernon

But I already posted about it on this forum. Low crime, 30 mins to Springfield - 40 to Joplin. Good housing. Excellent schools.

Wonderful place to live.

Old 07-09-2006, 11:44 PM

20 posts, read 132,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TornadoAlley
Can someone please post some good areas to live in. Some where away from the city 15-45min away. Good schools, low crime, etc.

Thanks
15-45 minutes?

You mean, sprawlsville?

Old 07-13-2006, 02:23 AM

5 posts, read 21,660 times
Hannibal
It aint bad...pretty nice and peaceful, NE'st
Good Schools, only 6 fights last year, ppl can be racist, but no fights due to it

Old 07-16-2006, 05:18 PM

1 posts, read 4,463 times
Republic is just 10 mins west of Springfield, with great schools, divided each by pre-k to K in a building, 1st-2nd in theirs, 3rd-4th, 5th-6th, 7th-8th, 9-12 (which is soon to be in a new building which could mean 9-10 and 11-12 to be in seperate buildings). The high and junior high have an awesome and diverse athletic department (The Tiger's have truly excelled in the basketball arena going all state more than once).
We have a really nice Sport Complex/Park system, three parks with million dollar gymnasium equipment. We have a few indoor walking/running track that is open all year, also fitness gym. The city's newest feature is the large aquatic pool with the "Huna", which is a wave simulation for a real surfing/boggy board-like experience during the summer. For the skateboarder, a new skate board park is being planned. We have a wide selection of places to shop including W-mart, Walgreen, Fred's, Dollar General, etc. plus many mom and pop shops. We have a library, hotel, horse/cattle arena, mini golf, batting cages, several banks, churches, car dealers, restaurants, and much more.
In the way of homes, there is bunch of homes for sale to choose from, including my own 3 bdrm for $107,900 to mansions worth $500,000 and more.
We are close to I-44 and the James River Exp. Wilson's Creek Battlefield Park is near and as far as I'm concerned, Republic is a great place to live. Little to no crimes, the most being due to speeding and petty theft. I feel safe here and recommend anyone to check Republic out for themselves.

Old 07-17-2006, 11:01 AM

1 posts, read 4,458 times
Smile Jefferson City is in the middle of everything

We live in Holts Summit, Mo (just outside of Jefferson City) We have almost non existant crime, we are 1 1/2 hours from St Louis, 2 hours to Kansas City, 30 miles from Columbia Mo. and 40 miles from Lake of the Ozarks, so everything is close by yet it is quiet here.
Home prices range from$40,000 and up with the average being $150,000 for 3 br, 2 bath home with acerage (some even on Lakes)
We are originally from Chicago by way of Lawrence Kansas and this is definately a great place to live and maximize your cost of living.
[moderator CUT]

Marty Wilson
removed

Last edited by Marka; 07-17-2006 at 01:15 PM..

Old 07-18-2006, 01:39 AM

215 posts, read 712,819 times
I grew up outside of Bloomsdale, MO. (population 400). 45 minutes south of St. Louis City limis on I-55. The area is very nice to live in for many reasons. You can let your children go out and play and not have to worry about them or keep an eye on them. You are just a short drive to Festus/Crystal City for basic shopping and a 35 minute drive to major shopping. Traffic isn't that bad if you need to commute to the city. Beautiful surroundings with lots of forests and hills. The schools are good and they very rarely have any problems(They also have a catholic school option if that is your cup of tea). I really can't think of any downsides to living there as long as you don't mind a drive to the city. I would recommend a hybrid vehicle though as gas prices don't seem to be getting any lower in the US.

Old 07-18-2006, 09:06 AM

3 posts, read 19,981 times
What size of city do you want to be close to?

Old 07-21-2006, 05:19 AM

19 posts, read 109,105 times
I live in the area south and a bit east of Kansas City, in Cass Co. Let me know if this is an area you are interested in. I think it is a FANTASTIC place to live and just a few minutes from Interstate highway.

Old 09-12-2006, 02:18 PM

4 posts, read 25,146 times
Carthage, Mo is just 15 minutes from Joplin, a city that has exploded in the last 10 years. Carthage is an excellent community that provides quality schools, convienent location, friendly people, and lots of beautiful homes. [cut]

Last edited by Marka; 09-14-2006 at 06:08 AM.. Reason: no advertising on the forum please
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri