U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2007, 04:44 PM

25,465 posts, read 12,521,542 times

Advertisements

I think that it is time that we have a thread devoted to everyday exchange of ideas, notices, and just plain old chatter. We all seem to get off of the subjects at times on some of our favorite threads (hijack) and then others miss some interesting and super posts. I know that if I don't read some threads everyday, I miss some posts that i enjoy....

If anyone would like to join this thread, please do. This will be open to any and all that come here just to see what is happening with any of us. Maybe this way, we can come here daily and see what is going on with our fellow posters/friends

I'll start it off by mentioning da jammer and ShadowCaver reaching new rep point numbers. This way this can all be here in one thread. Now anyone have any 'news' that you want to share?? Anything that already isn't covered by another thread. Don't be bashful Maybe you just need 'someone' to listen to a favorite gripe....

Old 09-15-2007, 09:06 AM

430 posts, read 1,176,072 times
Unhappy Uncle Richard...

My Uncle passed away yesterday......he was 84 years old. He had been sick for quite some time and I am celebrating his life today! He was an amazing person, great family man, husband and treated all of us nieces and nephews like his own (which meant you got a whuppin if you needed it just like his own)! His name is Richard. So many of my fondest childhood memories are with him and his family.....if you are inclined, please say a little prayer them all. Although we knew he would be called home soon, it's still never easy....he will be greatly missed by us all...

O.Nana

Old 09-15-2007, 09:22 AM

4,607 posts, read 7,129,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwoods Voyager View Post
I'll start it off by mentioning da jammer and ShadowCaver reaching new rep point numbers.
Yup da jammer is getting hotter nearing 1001 reps and having gold brick status,

He is always one for giving to others before he will take for himself. So if anyone deserves these
many rep points, it is this man da jammer.
Just keep trying to rep him and we will all do our best and he will be there
sitting pretty, 'erm handsome with a gold brick in no time,http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x149/autumngal_photo/smiley_danceegyptian.gif (broken link)

And yes another great MO pal is Shadowcaver who is hot on my butt with his reps, and I think it would be really cool, if we all keep repping him too as much as we can so he passes me and will reach gold brick status also!
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x149/autumngal_photo/thapplause2.gif (broken link)

So cheer them on friends, and lets get them to the gold!!http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x149/autumngal_photo/party0011.gif (broken link)

Old 09-15-2007, 09:24 AM

4,607 posts, read 7,129,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozark Nana View Post
My Uncle passed away yesterday......he was 84 years old. He had been sick for quite some time and I am celebrating his life today! He was an amazing person, great family man, husband and treated all of us nieces and nephews like his own (which meant you got a whuppin if you needed it just like his own)! His name is Richard. So many of my fondest childhood memories are with him and his family.....if you are inclined, please say a little prayer them all. Although we knew he would be called home soon, it's still never easy....he will be greatly missed by us all...

O.Nana
Oh my friend I am so sorry to hear. Yes, I will surely include this in my prayers.
No this is never easy, I am truly sorry my friend,

Old 09-15-2007, 10:01 AM

Unhappy Sad News

Quote:

O.Nana
O Nana: You will be added to my prayer list. It is sad to 'lose' someone that has meant so much to us and had a strong impact upon us. But as a son of a friend of ours said at his funeral Thursday, 'as long as any one of us thinks about him, he will always be here'. Bless you.

Old 09-15-2007, 10:57 AM

2,896 posts, read 6,150,999 times
Quote:

O.Nana
I'm so sorry to hear this sad news O. Nana I sure hope you didn't need too many whuppins as you were growing up

Old 09-15-2007, 03:19 PM

430 posts, read 1,176,072 times
Thank you all for the thoughts and prayers......

Jammer......let's not go down that road, I had my fair share!!

O.Nana

Old 09-15-2007, 04:15 PM

2,896 posts, read 6,150,999 times
Quote:
Thank you all for the thoughts and prayers......

Jammer......let's not go down that road, I had my fair share!!

O.Nana
yeeeouchy!!! Welp, ya shouldn't have been doin' all that messin' around young lady!!

NorthWoodsVoyager, this is really a cool idea to give folks a thread to yack it up with whatever they have on their minds!! Hopefully everyone will find this a great place to choooot da breeze!!!

Old 09-15-2007, 05:09 PM

15,794 posts, read 7,958,707 times
Nana, I think its great that your thoughts are to celebrate his life. That's the mode I try to get in when I lose someone. I can be a forgetful person, but for some reason when someone leaves us, I never forget all the stories and memories folks tell about the dearly departed. I thought I knew my grandfolks, but learned a lot more about them when they passed and people got together and shared the memories and stories. So that is a celabration to me. A good celebration is hard to forget!
-Matt

On a lighter note, I [i]think[i] I may have gotten a light frost last night. I went to work and left the house before it got light out, but when I got home the crabgrass that invaded my yard this summer was all of the sudden yellowish. I live in NW Mo and my house is in a low spot with hills on 3 sides of me. Anyone else get frost?

Old 09-15-2007, 05:18 PM

No frost here in Mid Mo, but darn it was cool...loved it. Even tho' I kept the window open in the bedroom, it felt good to snuggle under the covers. NO AC. Yea!!! It was 55 this a.m. and is now 61. Of course this is my kind of weather. Everything seems so crisp and clean smelling. Of course the hummingbirds are beginning to leave my area. Down from about 30 last Wed to only 8 today. Plus my gardens are starting to look a little weary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri