Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2007, 11:05 PM

1,642 posts, read 3,654,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
At 2:19 pm today Fredbiss posted his need for transportation for his military son stationed at FT Lenoard Wood. I am more concerned with helping out this father and his son (Marine!); than i am with how many Rep Points someone has.

Sure this Rep Point stuff for some is just great fun; but many people come here with serious life questions that IMO are foremost with the purpose of these forums.

I have viewed a few of the other state forums but the one's i searched are not doing it. We can build it up or tear it down. I think unearned rep points tear this forum down.
Versatile...I would ordinarily tread softly before addressing someone whose post was offensive to me but in your case, there is no question or doubt about it. IMNSHO, I believe you are rude and a troublemaker so let me get right to the point...

Judging from all of your comments on this thread, I think you need to change your name...or at the very least, your attitude. I must say that I have not seen such rudeness in this forum before! There's an old saying that says you can get a lot more with honey than you can with vinegar. You would do well to heed that...or to listen to 8 Snake, who has stated things very well.

Actually, having read through a few of your posts, I am convinced that you don't have a whole lot of good things to say and probably don't have an interest in changing, either. Therefore, I, for one, will not continue to waste my time with your negativity and will avoid your posts in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inoxkeeper View Post
If your truly concerned about helping them then stop beating this subject into the ground and go give them a ride. I will gladly toss in 5 bucks to help with gas. Maybe some others will pitch in to.

I agree with Autumn, if you have time to worry about 4 posts that are off topic you have to much time on your hands. I also think it's done way more to build up the forum as opposed to tearing it down. This is America, the first amendment stills exists and until a mod says differently we aren't changing out ways, at least I'm not.
Well said, Keeper! I'd kick in some gas money but I'm afraid he or she won't go away so I'd be wasting my money.

I think I'll spend it on a mocha latte, instead!

Quote:
Originally Posted by G4inMO View Post
Versatile ---- let the rep point thing go. You obviously are interested in it or you wouldn't be focusing on how many threads there are here in MO. We all are a fun bunch of people here and enjoy the fun in making people happy with making there mark up to 100. No hurt to anyone. Would you like to be nominated next?
Nice try, G4! You are too kind...really!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8 SNAKE View Post
Honestly, I don't care about rep points one way or the other. Those that do care are likely to participate in the "Boost Rep Points Challenge" or whatever the threads are called. Those that don't (myself included) haven't looked in any of those threads. If someone REALLY cares, they can have mine. I don't need them to feel good about myself or post worthwhile information.

I do understand what I believe to be Versatile's point on the issue. If people need to create threads to boost rep points for each other, then what is the purpose in having rep points in the first place? The people that seem to care about the points are diminishing their value by doing this. It's sort of like the gov't printing a bunch of money and handing it out just so people can say that they have $xxx,xxx in their bank accounts. It's great to have $xxx,xxx but now it's not worth very much when it's handed around to everyone freely rather than earned through hard work.
Well said, 8 Snake. You make a very good point. I appreciate that you didn't make an issue of it before and yet, you were willing to step into a potentially volatile discussion and state your unpopular case in a fair and rational manner.

You have earned a rep point and as soon as I can, I'm gonna give you one, even though I know that is not your goal. I know you didn't say you were against rep points...just wanting them to be earned in order to have meaning and value...and you have earned one from me with this post. Thanks for your input!

Okay, there are several others who have weighed in with some great insight and I want to acknowledge each of your great comments but time and space won't allow me to do that. Suffice it to say that I had the same experience here as you have...more warmth and help than I've ever experienced before! Sadly, some people just can't be pleased...and once you've spoken your piece in response, you just have to "shake them off" and move on. So, I guess there's gonna be a whole lotta shakin' goin' on, huh???

Old 09-21-2007, 12:16 AM

871 posts, read 1,985,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2beamissourian View Post
sour pus! sorry but if its info one is looking for you can tell by topic!

Flaming .. I dont know if I know what it is ...

but part of finding out about Missouri is seeing the type of people that live there and communication is a big part of that!
Sour cream! not sour pus!

Old 09-21-2007, 06:53 AM

1,921 posts, read 6,427,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2beamissourian View Post
Flaming .. I dont know if I know what it is ...
Flaming is the internet's version of making fun of someone or lashing out at them for comments he or she has posted online.

Old 09-21-2007, 06:55 AM

1,921 posts, read 6,427,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsgenealogy View Post
Well said, 8 Snake. You make a very good point. I appreciate that you didn't make an issue of it before and yet, you were willing to step into a potentially volatile discussion and state your unpopular case in a fair and rational manner.

You have earned a rep point and as soon as I can, I'm gonna give you one, even though I know that is not your goal. I know you didn't say you were against rep points...just wanting them to be earned in order to have meaning and value...and you have earned one from me with this post. Thanks for your input!
Thank you for the kind words, MrsG. I appreciate them very much.

Old 09-21-2007, 09:02 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,236,576 times
You can say or think whatever you want about me. It won't change a thing and I GOT WHAT I WANTED! aND THIS FORUM is better for it LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsgenealogy View Post
Versatile...I would ordinarily tread softly before addressing someone whose post was offensive to me but in your case, there is no question or doubt about it. IMNSHO, I believe you are rude and a troublemaker so let me get right to the point...

Judging from all of your comments on this thread, I think you need to change your name...or at the very least, your attitude. I must say that I have not seen such rudeness in this forum before! There's an old saying that says you can get a lot more with honey than you can with vinegar. You would do well to heed that...or to listen to 8 Snake, who has stated things very well.

Actually, having read through a few of your posts, I am convinced that you don't have a whole lot of good things to say and probably don't have an interest in changing, either. Therefore, I, for one, will not continue to waste my time with your negativity and will avoid your posts in the future.

Well said, Keeper! I'd kick in some gas money but I'm afraid he or she won't go away so I'd be wasting my money.

I think I'll spend it on a mocha latte, instead!

Nice try, G4! You are too kind...really!

Okay, there are several others who have weighed in with some great insight and I want to acknowledge each of your great comments but time and space won't allow me to do that. Suffice it to say that I had the same experience here as you have...more warmth and help than I've ever experienced before! Sadly, some people just can't be pleased...and once you've spoken your piece in response, you just have to "shake them off" and move on. So, I guess there's gonna be a whole lotta shakin' goin' on, huh???

Old 09-21-2007, 09:16 AM

4,682 posts, read 12,057,650 times
Quote:
You can say or think whatever you want about me. It won't change a thing and I GOT WHAT I WANTED! aND THIS FORUM is better for it LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And for that, I thank you for your contribution to improve this.
Do you have any other suggestions, or is this your one hit wonder shot?

Old 09-21-2007, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowCaver View Post
And for that, I thank you for your contribution to improve this.
Do you have any other suggestions, or is this your one hit wonder shot?
Thank you for the reply. As for the rest. I am working on it! Have a great weekend.

Old 09-21-2007, 09:45 AM

25,464 posts, read 13,573,062 times

"And did you hurt yourself when you stamped your foot, with your hands placed upon your hips, and sticking your tongue out?" This is what my mother would have asked and would have said to a childish response.

Your contributions to this forum are unequaled. I am sure that there are some of us that will think long and hard about how we can properly thank you. Perhaps a few rep points are in order, since that is an appropriate method for bestowing an award for such diligence and thoughtfulness.

Your sincere efforts to improve this forum is the beneficiary of my deep gratitude.
Should you have any additional suggestions, may I propose that you post such advice on the 'Chatter Box' thread? Again, thank you so very much for assisting in the ongoing endeavors to direct our attention to proper posting.

If ever you find yourself in need of direction, please, again, inquire of us on the 'Chatter Box' thread, and I am sure some one will be considerate enough to direct you where to go. to properly post... And please remember, we are a warm, helpful, and forgiving group.

Last edited by Northwoods Voyager; 09-21-2007 at 10:02 AM..

Old 09-21-2007, 09:55 AM

Ahh! How sweet it is! The politeness is overwhelming! Thank you.

Old 09-21-2007, 10:02 AM

2,896 posts, read 6,633,993 times
Quote:
well....good for you and bless your heart. I believe a little pat on the head is more than warranted in this situation.....

have yourself a delightful weekend!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri