U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2006, 11:37 AM

8 posts, read 16,458 times

Advertisements

Hello,
I am thinking of moving to Kingsville and buying a home on land for a bit of garden and raising chickens. Can anyone here tell me the social, political and cultural climate? I can't find out too much on the internet.
What kind of restaurants? Any artistic culture? Any dance studios or ??? (I teach folkdancing)

Also, as best as I can tell, it SEEMS fairly mild; can anyone tell me about the climate? Is it quite humid or ???

I currently reside in eastern Oregon where its dry and empty..I like it, but the land isn't too great for gardening
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2006, 10:48 AM

11,702 posts, read 11,062,131 times
Kingsville is a small town with one main industry and that is a casting plant. Kinda known for being redneck. Doubt that you can have chickens in town. Not sure on that. Located about 14 miles south of a major freeway. It will take a drive of about 30-40 minutes to be in the KC metropolitan area. Many people from Kngsville are commuters to KC-Metro area. The town has the local horse and cattle auction. Probably not a bad place to live overall. Good gardens in this area. What makes you choose Kingsville?

Old 02-08-2006, 01:22 PM
ian

1 posts, read 3,284 times
I am moving out of Kingsville to go to NC for my job. We love it there and are actually about 3 miles off the highway. The town of Kingsville doesn't have anything but there are three larger towns/cities within 20 minutes. I am actually selling my home there so if you are interested look at this link and feel free to e-mail me. Where I am at there are people with livestock all over the place so you should be fine with chickens.

[moderator cut because of spam]

Last edited by Yac; 02-08-2006 at 06:21 PM..

Old 01-27-2008, 10:59 AM

1 posts, read 3,133 times
Default Information about Kingsville, Missouri Area

My name is John Ferguson a long time residece of Kingsville and Holden area where I still live. I grew up in Kingsville and teach Vocational Agriculture at the Kingsville High School where a few students have livestock even chicken in town of Kingsville. Kingsville is a small laid back town with a alumimum factory and a good size livestock auction in the community. You will find the people here at Kingsville are very friendly and welcome new people with open arms. Most people who live in Kingsville have a full time job in the Kansas City area where it is about 45 minute drive one way, which is not a bad for a communite. The weather is the summer months is quite humid with temperatures in extreme cases of 90-100 degrees with sometimes 60-70% humidity. Most of the time in the summer months the average temperature is 85 degrees with about 40-50% humidity. The other towns around Kingsville are Plesant Hill Missouri which is about 10 mile west of Kingsville and Holden Missouri which is 5 miles east of Kingsville is the closest which has many shops and retail business like grocery stores and small retail shops.
Kingsville is a good place to raise a family and the cost of living is much cheaper than where you are from at the west coast. I am 47 years old and have lived in the area all my life and my father still lives in the kingsville on a farm since 1948. I know many people in the community if you are inquiring about a farm because I may have farmed it or know who own the farm from the years I have lived in the Kingsville and Holden area. If you need any help about farms in the area or information about different things in the Kingsville area I can help you with my knowledge of the area. You can e-mail me for additonal information at [EMAIL="fergy@kingsville.k12.mo.us"]fergy@kingsville.k12.mo.us[/EMAIL].

Sincerely,

John Ferguson

e-mail; [EMAIL="fergy@kingsille.k12.mo.us"]fergy@kingsille.k12.mo.us[/EMAIL]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri