Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2007, 07:22 AM

35 posts, read 101,306 times

Advertisements

You are currently on a clean up the advertising on the board campaign, which is fine.
But what do you do about the regular posters who state right on their profiles , which is advertising, what they do for a living? There are quite a few "salespeople" here, just check their profiles. Just a thought. Have a nice day!

Old 09-21-2007, 08:27 AM

430 posts, read 1,263,692 times
The people on the MO board that are "advertising" as you say, have NEVER solicited one single person....tried to "sell" anything or whatever. I have no idea why you would even say such a thing. They are not, nor have they EVER advertised ANYTHING. We already HAVE A Moderator on this forum....

I for one have gone "off board" to talk to one of them for further information...l have asked in the forum for their opinion BECAUSE they were a Realtor.....

I'm a Purchasing Manager.....is that "advertising", no, I think not. I don't know what's gotten into a few people here lately....this forum is informative, interesting, playful, helpful and a great place to come. If you have a beef about something, may I suggest you PM Plains10 our Moderator and take it up with them......off the boards....

O.Nana

Old 09-21-2007, 08:30 AM

1,554 posts, read 4,549,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozark Nana View Post
The people on the MO board that are "advertising" as you say, have NEVER solicited one single person....tried to "sell" anything or whatever. I have no idea why you would even say such a thing. They are not, nor have they EVER advertised ANYTHING. We already HAVE A Moderator on this forum....

I for one have gone "off board" to talk to one of them for further information...l have asked in the forum for their opinion BECAUSE they were a Realtor.....

I'm a Purchasing Manager.....is that "advertising", no, I think not. I don't know what's gotten into a few people here lately....this forum is informative, interesting, playful, helpful and a great place to come. If you have a beef about something, may I suggest you PM Plains10 our Moderator and take it up with them......off the boards....

O.Nana
Yeah What Nana Said

Old 09-21-2007, 08:34 AM

2,896 posts, read 6,632,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redneck central View Post
You are currently on a clean up the advertising on the board campaign, which is fine.
But what do you do about the regular posters who state right on their profiles , which is advertising, what they do for a living? There are quite a few "salespeople" here, just check their profiles. Just a thought. Have a nice day!
might as well nip this one in the bud...

//www.city-data.com/forum/faq/9...rum-rules.html

Quote:
Real Estate Agents and other businesses will not advertise their services nor solicit business in their posts. Create a free business profile by going to //www.city-data.com/profiles/add and fill out your forum profile instead. Do not include links to your websites, MLS listings, etc. in your posts. Do not try to push the envelope by attempting to hide your intentions. Do not solicit business by PMs. Show your knowledge about the area and help people and you will get leads naturally. Real estate agents should join the usergroup for them here:. It will set your user title and add an icon next to your name, so you will get free advertising with your posts.
It's really not very hard to find answers on your own. In addition, it is quite easy to Direct Message any moderator about your concerns regarding this very pressing issue.

EDIT: Great post O.Nana!! You were typing your wisdom much faster that I could make a post!!!

Old 09-21-2007, 10:31 AM

25,464 posts, read 13,570,117 times
Whoa there!!!! And what have we here? Have I wandered onto the wrong forum? I thought that this was the Missouri forum, where so many of us, if not all, have become CDF friends and able to post back and forth w/o offensive and obnoxious behavior. This forum has been a place for the exchange of ideas, gathering of information, sharing of personal events and thoughts. Never have I witnessed advertising in any form or shape by any poster.

I, also, would suggest that the OP DM the moderator 'Plains10' for any and all concerns instead of instigating new threads.

Old 09-22-2007, 06:14 AM

Location: Branson-Hollister-Kimberling City-Blue Eye-Ridgedale
1,814 posts, read 5,380,482 times
Default Look around...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozark Nana View Post
I for one have gone "off board" to talk to one of them for further information...l have asked in the forum for their opinion BECAUSE they were a Realtor.....O.Nana
Quote:
Originally Posted by kareybear View Post
Yeah What Nana Said
Quote:
Originally Posted by da jammer View Post
might as well nip this one in the bud...

//www.city-data.com/forum/faq/9...rum-rules.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwoods Voyager View Post
Whoa there!!!! And what have we here? Have I wandered onto the wrong forum? I thought that this was the Missouri forum, where so many of us, if not all, have become CDF friends and able to post back and forth w/o offensive and obnoxious behavior. This forum has been a place for the exchange of ideas, gathering of information, sharing of personal events and thoughts. Never have I witnessed advertising in any form or shape by any poster.

I, also, would suggest that the OP DM the moderator 'Plains10' for any and all concerns instead of instigating new threads.
I would heartily concur...and perhaps state the obvious...the whole intent of this website is to discuss moving to different areas, is it not? What more natural place for a real estate professional? Those who spend 7 long days a week finding out answers to questions just like those asked here...folks with access to inside information...boys & girls who poke around trying to figure out what's happening to a particular market or where the best deals are this month...

And yes, a special thing has happened here in the Missouri forum of this excellent informational City Data website...a large number of us have become friends! (Imagine that!)

And as I've said before on other threads, I'm a person. REALTOR is just what I do for a living. Now...was that advertising?

Old 09-22-2007, 08:16 AM

77 posts, read 197,746 times
Lightbulb Places are more than just property, it's the people that make them tick!

Guys, there has got to be something in the air around these parts.
Never seen so many complaints, about so little, in such a short time.
Get over it!

Part of the draw for me to this site is to learn about the people. All I need to
learn of the place, can be found in books and on the net. It's the human side that I have found here on City-Data.

Yeah, maybe I found my future realtor here. I can relate to her, because of the things I learned about the person here - on City-Data. When I hear someone is searching for information re: move, I'm gonna refer them to City-Data. Because of the people and info that those people provide.

Places are more than just property, it's the people that make them tick!
City-Data is more than a place of information - at least in the Mo forum -
because of the fine people that choose to visit this site.

It's all about the People !

Old 09-22-2007, 10:57 AM

6,044 posts, read 24,085,436 times
I don't think stating what you do in your profile is the same as advertising. To me it's just sharing a bit about yourself.

Old 09-22-2007, 11:06 AM

26,404 posts, read 46,544,081 times
Stating what your occupation is in your profile is NOT advertising. This discussion really does not have a point.
This thread is closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri