Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2012, 11:33 PM

5 posts, read 21,550 times

Advertisements

We have talked about and are planning moving to the Ozarks. We are considering the Osage Beach or surrounding area. We want to rent to a home for awhile first then purchase. We realize Osage beach area is a high traffic area during the summer with tourist as we have been during a holiday weekend. We have elementary age kids and one small child. Was really hoping to hear from some locals past/present. How are the schools? Employment? Area? Activities?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2012, 04:46 PM

No one? Wow! It can't be that bad.

Old 06-08-2012, 08:31 PM

195 posts, read 420,782 times
Never been to the lake of the Ozarks, although at one time didn't live that far from there. Lived in MO for 30 years.

Old 06-08-2012, 11:04 PM

I went for the first time on memorial day weekend this year. I've wanted to move to this area for a few years, just did t get to talking about it too serious until a fewer the ago.

Old 06-10-2012, 10:04 AM

914 posts, read 2,204,734 times
This is a Springfield - Branson forum and most people in this area do not gravitate to Lake of the Ozarks - partly because of the numerous lakes close at hand, and partly because the roads do not make access quick or easy. I say this to excuse the lack of response to your questions. It is tempting to say Springfieldians are ignorant of Lake of the Ozarks, but it would be more accurate and certainly more charitable to say most are uninterested. Sorry we have not been more help.

But, perhaps someone will see your thread who can give an informed reply.

Old 06-10-2012, 10:43 AM

26,404 posts, read 46,544,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3LittleGators View Post
I went for the first time on memorial day weekend this year. I've wanted to move to this area for a few years, just did t get to talking about it too serious until a fewer the ago.
The area is overrun with people from the cities all the time during the warmer months. Most jobs in the area are very low paying and most permanent residents are retirees. It might be a good place for those that want a summer cottage, but you can find other areas in the state that aren't as crowded. Table Rock Reservoir is less crowded.

Old 06-10-2012, 11:21 AM

Thank you for the replies! We are not opposed to other areas around here. Ive always loved the Ozarks areas. I'm open to suggestions to look into.

Old 06-23-2012, 08:54 AM

518 posts, read 1,230,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3LittleGators View Post
Thank you for the replies! We are not opposed to other areas around here. Ive always loved the Ozarks areas. I'm open to suggestions to look into.
I have owned a condo on horse shoe bend at the 7 mm for years. I love this area of the lake.I am close enough to all of the towns stores but still have all the woods around me. The water for boating is a lot more busy at this area of the lake. I don't have kids so wouldn't know much about the schools in the area. The pay for jobs is pretty poor on average and can be very seasonal. The last couple of years have been very bad on there economy. It would be a good time to buy a house or condo. But not so good for jobs. I might retire there down the road.Since I love the area so much and the cost of living for waterfront isn't to bad.

Old 06-24-2012, 08:22 PM

I've heard the economy in this area isn't too awesome right now. its just something that we will have to work with I guess. Thanks for the reply!

Old 06-25-2012, 11:54 AM

492 posts, read 630,654 times
I see a lot of new stores going in at the Lake of the Ozarks. Gas prices are dropping and things look to me like they are picking up. The lake area is really busy on the weekends and that is good for the local economy. I have always heard good things about the schools there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri