Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What area should be covered by the Springfield sub-forum?
Greene County 3 17.65%
Greene, Christian, Webster, Polk, Dallas Counties 2 11.76%
Greene, Christian, Webster, Polk, Dallas, Taney, Stone Counties (+Branson and Table Rock Lake area) 14 82.35%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2007, 11:20 PM

3,172 posts, read 2,738,072 times

Advertisements

What area should be covered by the Springfield sub-forum? This poll will be open for two days. You can choose multiple options, so your vote can also be "either of the two smaller areas" or "either of the two larger areas."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2007, 11:35 PM

25,464 posts, read 13,556,680 times
Being a life long resident of Missouri, except for a few side trips many years ago, I suggest that the third option be seriously considered, as this is how most of us from St. Louis and middle Missouri think of the 'Springfield' area. When vacationing, traveling or doing research, the counties in the third option are those that most of us include as one.

Thank you for giving this topic serious consideration.

Old 09-23-2007, 11:40 PM

26,403 posts, read 46,440,182 times
I strongly think that option number 3 should be considered. The airport for the two cities is the Springfield/Branson regional airport. The Springfield area metro is also starting to merge with the Branson micro area to the south. Also, for those interested in relocating to the area they tend to group Springfield/Branson together as one area.

Old 09-24-2007, 05:38 AM

1,554 posts, read 4,545,281 times
I think the number 3 should be considered as well. I am not from there but mostly everyone talks about these areas all the time. I assuming because it is a great place to vacation,maybe move too and because Springfield is a growing city that is south of Missouri where the climate is much better than the Northern part of Missouri.

Old 09-24-2007, 09:06 AM

1,636 posts, read 3,649,008 times
Default #3...definitely!

Here are my thoughts regarding my vote for Option #3:

We all know that the Springfield airport is called "the Springfield/Branson airport" and even though Branson is planning an airport of their own, I don't know how long it will be before the airline fares to Branson will compare to Springfield's fare but I believe that Springfield will continue to be the main gateway that people use to visit Branson.

From the east, west, and north, almost everyone driving to Branson will travel through Springfield. Most of us who live in the Springfield area know that our visitors also want to visit Branson since it's so close. Of course, while Springfield may not be as famous as Branson, visitors to Branson often find themselves visiting Springfield to visit one of their venues or events or just to shop at the Bass Pro Shop, etcetera. The two cities are so close that they're almost synonymous!

In my opinion, the two cities are inextricably linked. I also feel that many people moving to the surrounding counties move here because of their proximity to Springfield and/or Branson so those counties should be added, as well. This forum has often proven that out. That may be the best reason for choosing #3 and including Branson and all the nearby counties to the forum title. Don't you agree?

Old 09-24-2007, 01:29 PM

4,682 posts, read 12,043,188 times
Ummm,,, ifin I wanted to just vote for one, could I put up to three votes then for just option #3?

Old 09-24-2007, 10:11 PM

Location: Branson-Hollister-Kimberling City-Blue Eye-Ridgedale
1,814 posts, read 5,374,527 times
Definitely #3.
The Branson/Tri Lakes Area is really a "bedroom" community for Springfield. From the SW corner of Springfield, 65 & 60...to the main Branson exit Hwy 76, it's 30 minutes.
My commute from Table Rock Lake near the dam to the corner of Campbell & Battlefield used to take me just under an hour.
The two are linked in many ways.
I understand the national census makes it look different, but the reality of the area is that it is one metro area.

Old 09-25-2007, 11:26 AM

318 posts, read 726,300 times
Mrs. G and LG - Well all agree then, #3 it should be.

Old 09-25-2007, 07:40 PM

1,280 posts, read 4,335,286 times
Can you post a picture at the top with your poll question - with a MAP ??

For us CONFUSEDWANT2BEMISSOURIANS?

Old 09-25-2007, 08:00 PM

4,682 posts, read 12,043,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2beamissourian View Post
Can you post a picture at the top with your poll question - with a MAP ??

For us CONFUSEDWANT2BEMISSOURIANS?
Does this help ya? The dark green line is I-44. Springfield is in Greene County, w/ Branson just about directly below in Taney County

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri