U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2006, 05:42 PM

1 posts, read 3,264 times

Advertisements

I live very near Bates City--what do you want to know--very small town
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2006, 05:43 PM

2 posts, read 8,230 times
Smile Bbq

Bates City BBQ - - - people travel for miles to eat their bbq. It is absolutely the BEST!

It is a quiet little community...but if you go just south on Z Highway there are many sideroads and most have houses for sale. They have a gas station/convience store, a police department, post office, and antique shop and awesome BBQ!

If your close enough to drive for a weekend visit...then please come for a visit. It may be just what your looking for...no big city hub bub....a good place to settle down. You can easily drive to Odessa or Oak Grove if you need groceries or feed for your animals.

Hope you visit soon!

Old 10-05-2006, 04:36 PM

10 posts, read 34,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txgrl View Post
I lived in Oak Grove for 10 years, moved in 2003. My Grandparents lived in Bates City and I visited them all the time. There really isn't much there, very tiny tiny town. It might have changed in the last few years though but I doubt it. It's very nice for country living, towns with shopping aren't that far away. They have the best bbq place around- Bates City BBQ.

Oak Grove was going through a growth when we moved out, alot of people were moving there trying to get away from the city. It's a really nice town and the people pretty friendly, or at least that was the case when I lived there. The schools are excellent if you have kids. That is something I miss the most about living there is the school district. You can check out http://www.cityofoakgrove.com/ for some more info and if you have any more questions feel free to ask away.

How kind of you to write me so many details about Bates City and that you visited your grandparents there. Did not know about the bbq place. Sounds like a very small little place and country living. Thank you so much for replying to my question. There are so many sweet people on this website and you are one of them. Again thank you.

Old 10-05-2006, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamie View Post
I live very near Bates City--what do you want to know--very small town
Thank you so much for your willingness to tell me about Bates City, Mo. Everyone has been so kind and I did find out the info I have been looking for. Thanks again.

Old 10-05-2006, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billie View Post
Bates City BBQ - - - people travel for miles to eat their bbq. It is absolutely the BEST!

It is a quiet little community...but if you go just south on Z Highway there are many sideroads and most have houses for sale. They have a gas station/convience store, a police department, post office, and antique shop and awesome BBQ!

If your close enough to drive for a weekend visit...then please come for a visit. It may be just what your looking for...no big city hub bub....a good place to settle down. You can easily drive to Odessa or Oak Grove if you need groceries or feed for your animals.

Hope you visit soon!

Billie, you have told me exactly what I have been wanting to know and also about the bbq place. Sure did not know about that and how popular it is.
Your idea of driving up some week-end and checking Bates City out is a great idea. Supreme thanks for taking your time to write me all that info. People are all so nice on this website.

Old 10-06-2006, 05:14 AM

169 posts, read 634,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeecup3 View Post
How kind of you to write me so many details about Bates City and that you visited your grandparents there. Did not know about the bbq place. Sounds like a very small little place and country living. Thank you so much for replying to my question. There are so many sweet people on this website and you are one of them. Again thank you.
You're most welcome.

Old 10-24-2006, 10:08 PM
JMH

2 posts, read 6,218 times
Default Lil' Ol Bates City

Well, Hello, I do live in this little town of 242. We have a post office, a great Baptist church and a small gas station right off of I-70. Our city hall and three police officers are all good people. My uncle owns a business here and has for 23 years and we have the Bates City bar-b-que, second to none! We are a small rural farming community and big on hospitality. Hope I helped.

Old 11-22-2006, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMH View Post
Well, Hello, I do live in this little town of 242. We have a post office, a great Baptist church and a small gas station right off of I-70. Our city hall and three police officers are all good people. My uncle owns a business here and has for 23 years and we have the Bates City bar-b-que, second to none! We are a small rural farming community and big on hospitality. Hope I helped.
Hi JMH. Forgive me for being so long in answering your very informative post. I just got back on here and found your info and appreciate it very much.
Happy to hear that you live in Bates City and like it so well. It sounds like a great town for people like us that do not care for the big cities. Thanks very much for making time to give me your great info.

Old 12-06-2006, 02:54 PM

12 posts, read 39,544 times
Default Bates City

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeecup3 View Post
Thank you for telling me about Bates City, Mo. Would you happen to know if they have their own post office, any stores, houses to rent or buy? Anything besides that wide spot in the road ? LOL
You couldn't pay me to live in Bates City. Too many drugs. Trailers and drugs, that's Bates City.

Old 07-23-2007, 03:06 PM

1 posts, read 3,117 times
Who can predict when a 10 acre parcel in Bates City might be zoned for 2 five acre parcels?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or