Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2006, 10:11 PM

10 posts, read 37,502 times

Advertisements

[LEFT][/LEFT]

Hi,
Does anyone live in Bates City, Missouri? If so could you
please tell me if you like living there and some info about
it? Thanks so much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2006, 08:29 AM

339 posts, read 1,419,158 times
I lived in Oak Grove (a few miles away) until 1992. At that time Bates City was basically a trailer park. It didn't have much to offer. Oak Grove is a nice town, though. It's all quickly becomming part of the KC metro.

Old 09-26-2006, 04:54 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,157,019 times
Not much has changed there since 1992. Just a wide spot in the road almost. You will go to Oak Grove and Blue Springs for shopping and independence Center shopping mall is about 14 miles away via I-70 that splits Bates City with the main town portion being on the south side. Might be 1500 people tops for population. Need more?

Old 09-26-2006, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Not much has changed there since 1992. Just a wide spot in the road almost. You will go to Oak Grove and Blue Springs for shopping and independence Center shopping mall is about 14 miles away via I-70 that splits Bates City with the main town portion being on the south side. Might be 1500 people tops for population. Need more?

Thank you for telling me about Bates City, Mo. Would you happen to know if they have their own post office, any stores, houses to rent or buy? Anything besides that wide spot in the road ? LOL

Old 09-26-2006, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozarks21 View Post
I lived in Oak Grove (a few miles away) until 1992. At that time Bates City was basically a trailer park. It didn't have much to offer. Oak Grove is a nice town, though. It's all quickly becomming part of the KC metro.

You are very kind to let me know about Oak Grove. Sounds like a great place to live. Kind of wanted to be out of Jackson County though.

Old 09-27-2006, 08:32 AM

339 posts, read 1,419,158 times
You might consider Odessa then. It is about 10 miles east of Oak Grove and outside of Jackson County. At the time I lived in Oak Grove the two towns were about the same size. My guess is that Oak Grove has grown somewhat faster, being closer to KC.

Another thought is to live just outside Oak Grove to the east if you are interested in country living. The county line isn't far from the city limits.

Old 09-27-2006, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozarks21 View Post
You might consider Odessa then. It is about 10 miles east of Oak Grove and outside of Jackson County. At the time I lived in Oak Grove the two towns were about the same size. My guess is that Oak Grove has grown somewhat faster, being closer to KC.

Another thought is to live just outside Oak Grove to the east if you are interested in country living. The county line isn't far from the city limits.

Your idea of living to the East sounds super good. Thanks for taking your time to give me such great info and ideas. Have a great week.

Old 09-28-2006, 12:27 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,157,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeecup3 View Post
Thank you for telling me about Bates City, Mo. Would you happen to know if they have their own post office, any stores, houses to rent or buy? Anything besides that wide spot in the road ? LOL
I think they have a PO and there are house that sell there as well. Main part of town consists of older homes that are smaller mostly. Basic convenience store. Can't say about a regular grocery. Wouldn't be anything large at all.
Bates City is just a little town that kinda got by passed by life. Oak Grove and Odessa were always bigger and they have the proper roads to facilitate growth.

Old 09-28-2006, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
I think they have a PO and there are house that sell there as well. Main part of town consists of older homes that are smaller mostly. Basic convenience store. Can't say about a regular grocery. Wouldn't be anything large at all.
Bates City is just a little town that kinda got by passed by life. Oak Grove and Odessa were always bigger and they have the proper roads to facilitate growth.

Versatile, you have helped me so much and it is greatly appreciated. I do believe that we are looking for towns like Oak Grove or Odessa. :-) Thanks again.

Old 09-28-2006, 04:36 PM

169 posts, read 676,567 times
I lived in Oak Grove for 10 years, moved in 2003. My Grandparents lived in Bates City and I visited them all the time. There really isn't much there, very tiny tiny town. It might have changed in the last few years though but I doubt it. It's very nice for country living, towns with shopping aren't that far away. They have the best bbq place around- Bates City BBQ.

Oak Grove was going through a growth when we moved out, alot of people were moving there trying to get away from the city. It's a really nice town and the people pretty friendly, or at least that was the case when I lived there. The schools are excellent if you have kids. That is something I miss the most about living there is the school district. You can check out http://www.cityofoakgrove.com/ for some more info and if you have any more questions feel free to ask away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri