U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2012, 02:45 PM

12,212 posts, read 11,584,713 times

Advertisements

Don't know why it is from the Idaho Statesman. Good article.Aiken is just trying to sling some mud to see if it will stick.
In the event that this gains any traction against Claire will we all say that he LEGITIMATELY RAPED her?

JEFFERSON CITY, Mo.: Akin chides gov't money tied to McCaskill's spouse | National Elections | Idahostatesman.com

The campaign said the vast majority of the housing subsidy contracts were initiated before McCaskill became a senator, although Shepard invested in some of them after she was elected and others were renewed during her term in office. The subsidies cover the gap between the rent paid by the tenant and the value of the housing unit as determined by the federal government. Consequently, much of the subsidy goes to the owners' operating costs, such as mortgage payments or facility maintenance, the campaign said. Were Congress to not fund the subsidies, the federal government would be defaulting on its obligations, the campaign said.

McCaskill's campaign said her position is no different than that of lawmakers who are farmers and vote for agriculture bills that include farm aid, or lawmakers who have family members in the military and vote for bills authorizing defense spending. Her campaign suggested it was a greater conflict for Akin to have supported a federal spending earmark for a highway near his suburban St. Louis home - though Akin's family received no money to construct it.

Read more here: JEFFERSON CITY, Mo.: Akin chides gov't money tied to McCaskill's spouse | National Elections | Idahostatesman.com
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2012, 09:29 PM

7,309 posts, read 6,002,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Don't know why it is from the Idaho Statesman. Good article.Aiken is just trying to sling some mud to see if it will stick.
In the event that this gains any traction against Claire will we all say that he LEGITIMATELY RAPED her?

JEFFERSON CITY, Mo.: Akin chides gov't money tied to McCaskill's spouse | National Elections | Idahostatesman.com

The campaign said the vast majority of the housing subsidy contracts were initiated before McCaskill became a senator, although Shepard invested in some of them after she was elected and others were renewed during her term in office. The subsidies cover the gap between the rent paid by the tenant and the value of the housing unit as determined by the federal government. Consequently, much of the subsidy goes to the owners' operating costs, such as mortgage payments or facility maintenance, the campaign said. Were Congress to not fund the subsidies, the federal government would be defaulting on its obligations, the campaign said.

McCaskill's campaign said her position is no different than that of lawmakers who are farmers and vote for agriculture bills that include farm aid, or lawmakers who have family members in the military and vote for bills authorizing defense spending. Her campaign suggested it was a greater conflict for Akin to have supported a federal spending earmark for a highway near his suburban St. Louis home - though Akin's family received no money to construct it.

Read more here: JEFFERSON CITY, Mo.: Akin chides gov't money tied to McCaskill's spouse | National Elections | Idahostatesman.com
Curious if you have any link which will dispute McCaskill's husband's businesesss receiving $40 million in federal dolllars during her first term? I know you dispute that there was anything wrong with that, but I wonder if you can dispute the underlying fact? Because that fact along, if true, might tend to raise questions among most Missourians, Republican or Democrat.

Old 10-11-2012, 07:41 AM

12,212 posts, read 11,584,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
Curious if you have any link which will dispute McCaskill's husband's businesesss receiving $40 million in federal dolllars during her first term? I know you dispute that there was anything wrong with that, but I wonder if you can dispute the underlying fact? Because that fact along, if true, might tend to raise questions among most Missourians, Republican or Democrat.
No i don't haven't looked. I just post what i see that is relevant to the thread.Let me know if you find anything.

Old 10-13-2012, 05:57 AM
HC2

3 posts, read 4,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoCityForYou View Post
We'll see on election day if the people of Missouri can be counted on to not vote in a complete psychopath to our Senate.
McCaskill I assume.

Old 10-13-2012, 07:29 AM

23,599 posts, read 33,485,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HC2 View Post
McCaskill I assume.
You're single and have no daughters I presume.

Old 10-13-2012, 11:47 AM

3,572 posts, read 7,029,272 times
I'll be voting for Aiken. Partly because so many hate him. I do think he's a bit out there, but I'd like the Republicans to take the Senate. Plus, he alone doesn't have the power to do anything extreme.

Old 10-13-2012, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKAN View Post
I'll be voting for Aiken. Partly because so many hate him. I do think he's a bit out there, but I'd like the Republicans to take the Senate. Plus, he alone doesn't have the power to do anything extreme.
Always an excellent reason to vote for someone.

But then again, as a retired political and legislative analyst who coincidentally is married to another one, I've always said and we've always agreed that you'll never get rich betting on the collective memory and intelligence of the American electorate.

Old 10-13-2012, 02:58 PM

3,572 posts, read 7,029,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Always an excellent reason to vote for someone.

But then again, as a retired political and legislative analyst who coincidentally is married to another one, I've always said and we've always agreed that you'll never get rich betting on the collective memory and intelligence of the American electorate.
Please Cumdungeon, enlighten me. Tell me just what you mean.

Old 10-13-2012, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Please Cumdungeon, enlighten me. Tell me just what you mean.
If you have to ask then I don't think that enlightenment is in your future.

Old 10-14-2012, 12:31 PM

23,417 posts, read 33,714,813 times
Quote:
Perfect example of what the rest of the US imagines an Akin suppporter to be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri