U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2012, 09:20 PM

23,599 posts, read 33,346,314 times

Advertisements

I'm a moderate independent and with yesterday's idiocy McCaskill is looking a whole lot better than Todd Akin. What a ideologue and buffoon. My wife is a retired midwife and she's on the warpath now.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2012, 09:21 PM

23,599 posts, read 33,346,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
Ha, Aikin seems to be pulling a Brownback, acting like an ignorant theocrat! It must be something in the water or the heat must be frying the brains of politicians.
Politicians have brains?

Old 08-20-2012, 10:02 PM

151 posts, read 247,817 times
I think we shoulld vote all of them out including mccaskil and run it ourselves.
they are all corrupt how can anyone say one is better when they all need
to gO I dont trust obama or anyone around him but the other side isnt
any better

Old 08-20-2012, 11:42 PM

3,703 posts, read 3,426,206 times
I mean the man actually said (on TV) that rape victims have biological defenses to pregnancy? Wow. I'm of the opinion that 9.5 out of 10 politicians are liars and are no where near qualified to do the job that they are running for, but this guy really takes the cake!

Old 08-21-2012, 12:14 AM

10,038 posts, read 20,134,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.A.P View Post
I don't care what he said, I'm still never gonna vote Democrat.
Is there an alternative write in Republican candidate that could be put on the ballot? It worked for Sen. Murkowski in Alaska.

Old 08-21-2012, 02:05 AM

Eve Ensler speaks out!

Eve Ensler: Dear Mr. Akin, I Want You to Imagine...

Old 08-21-2012, 08:02 AM

1,830 posts, read 3,409,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BioMechanical View Post
I mean the man actually said (on TV) that rape victims have biological defenses to pregnancy? Wow. I'm of the opinion that 9.5 out of 10 politicians are liars and are no where near qualified to do the job that they are running for, but this guy really takes the cake!
The GOP needs to state what they really are and rename themselves as the Theocratic party.

I'm very concerned about what this will do to MO. If this guy gets voted in, MO will be set in stone as the 'rape doesn't cause pregnancy' state. Educated people will leave MO in droves, uneducated theocrats will move to MO and it will get worse. MO will struggle to get jobs and companies to invest in MO. I so hope this guys resigns today. Just the possibility that he might beat McCaskill is disturbing. How can someone support a guy who thinks, ahem, 'believes' rape doesn't cause pregnancy. I understand many don't like McCaskill but hopefully some will turn their thinker on for once and at least vote for neither rather show support such stupidity (in the truest sense of the word possible). To vote for this guy as a non-McCaskill vote is to tell the entire world you think rape can't cause pregnancy.

Don't be stupid MO. Push the ignorance out.

Old 08-21-2012, 08:13 AM

662 posts, read 1,074,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xenokc View Post
The GOP needs to state what they really are and rename themselves as the Theocratic party.

I'm very concerned about what this will do to MO. If this guy gets voted in, MO will be set in stone as the 'rape doesn't cause pregnancy' state. Educated people will leave MO in droves, uneducated theocrats will move to MO and it will get worse. MO will struggle to get jobs and companies to invest in MO. I so hope this guys resigns today. Just the possibility that he might beat McCaskill is disturbing. How can someone support a guy who thinks, ahem, 'believes' rape doesn't cause pregnancy. I understand many don't like McCaskill but hopefully some will turn their thinker on for once and at least vote for neither rather show support such stupidity (in the truest sense of the word possible). To vote for this guy is to tell the entire world you think rape can't cause pregnancy.

Don't be stupid MO. Push the ignorance out.
Politicians say stupid things all of the time, especially when they don't want to answer a question. if you look at the entire passage, Akin clearly did NOT want to have to answer the question about abortion in cases of rape and tried to weasel out of it- badly. It made him sound dumb, that's all. Look at what came out of 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue. We apparently are a nation of 57 states, free enterprise doesn't exist ("you didn't build that") and the populace is subject to being physically enslaved by banks (the same ones to which the administration actually gave many billions of dollars.) Oh, and Mitt Romney committed murder. Like I said, politicians say stupid stuff all of the time. Watch what they actually DO and vote based on that. But somehow I am not surprised at a leftist being much more concerned about how a place appears in the eyes of others than in what actually occurs there- witness the Obama Global Apology Tour.

Old 08-21-2012, 08:19 AM

12,063 posts, read 29,087,517 times
I would kill to be a fly on the wall in some of these Republican strategic meetings today. If they want to get him replaced on the ballot, Akin has to drop out by 5 p.m. today. I can't even imagine the kind of pressure he's under; I imagine it will come down to how well he's perceived to have done last night on Piers.

And if he does stay in, the next question will be whether the Republican National Senatorial Commitee and Crossroads reverse their decision to pull all his campaign funding.

Old 08-21-2012, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aragx6 View Post
I would kill to be a fly on the wall in some of these Republican strategic meetings today. If they want to get him replaced on the ballot, Akin has to drop out by 5 p.m. today. I can't even imagine the kind of pressure he's under; I imagine it will come down to how well he's perceived to have done last night on Piers.

And if he does stay in, the next question will be whether the Republican National Senatorial Commitee and Crossroads reverse their decision to pull all his campaign funding.
He didn't show up to Piers show. They yelled at an empty chair lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21OAPbcnPGA
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri