Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2012, 05:23 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,320,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovekcmo View Post
I think Missouri might find out that McCaskill might be the one most disliked. Aiken may pull this off and that would be a great day for America and someone Missouri could be proud of in the US Senate.
if I were to take a guess I would say you have neither mother nor sisters aren't married and certainly don't have any daughters.

In my case, I did have a mother and I do have a wife. My wife just so happens to be a retired midwife so she knows just a little something about women's reproductive issues. I also happen to have three daughters, three daughters in law, two stepdaughters and four granddaughters. Electing anyone as ignorant as Todd Akin is certainly not my idea of what would be a great day for America nor a person Missouri could be proud of. But of course, you know what they say about opinions!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2012, 06:22 PM

639 posts, read 756,215 times
My mother, sister, sister in law, grandmother, aunt and other non biological woman I know, are voting for Aikens. It's the party we're voting for-not the necessarily the person.

Old 10-28-2012, 06:36 PM

Quote:
My mother, sister, sister in law, grandmother, aunt and other non biological woman I know, are voting for Aikens. It's the party we're voting for-not the necessarily the person.
Figures!

Old 10-28-2012, 07:00 PM

People who vote for McCaskill need to remember that thinking women vote for Republican candidates.

Old 10-28-2012, 07:08 PM

Quote:
People who vote for McCaskill need to remember that thinking women vote for Republican candidates.
Funny, I wouldn't think that any "thinking woman" would vote for that particular Republican candidate. He remarked about "legitimate" rape. "Legitimate" means legal. So I ask you, which of the "thinking women" in your family and life is willing to be legally raped? After all, if it's legal it has to be right, correct?

Old 10-29-2012, 07:58 AM

I'll ask my mother-she told me, as she nodded in agreement with him, that she understood what he meant. My mother is female-so she might have a better understanding of what he means, and is planning on voting for him, along with a lot of other Missourians.

Old 10-29-2012, 08:16 AM

12,063 posts, read 31,480,572 times
You mean the "thinking women" who still can't be bothered to even learn to correctly spell their candidate's name, who suggest who you vote for in the MO senate election can have any effect on a member of the House from California, and who suggest Republicans have the upper hand when it comes to foreign policy even in the face of surveys like this one: BBC News - BBC poll: Rest of world favours Obama

Old 10-29-2012, 10:23 AM

7,442 posts, read 6,962,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aragx6 View Post
You mean the "thinking women" who still can't be bothered to even learn to correctly spell their candidate's name, who suggest who you vote for in the MO senate election can have any effect on a member of the House from California, and who suggest Republicans have the upper hand when it comes to foreign policy even in the face of surveys like this one: BBC News - BBC poll: Rest of world favours Obama
Too bad the rest of the world doesn't get a vote (yet).

Old 10-30-2012, 11:56 AM

1,970 posts, read 1,753,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Funny, I wouldn't think that any "thinking woman" would vote for that particular Republican candidate. He remarked about "legitimate" rape. "Legitimate" means legal. So I ask you, which of the "thinking women" in your family and life is willing to be legally raped? After all, if it's legal it has to be right, correct?
I disagree. Legitimate does not necessarily mean legal at all.

Old 10-30-2012, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MORebelWoman View Post
I disagree. Legitimate does not necessarily mean legal at all.
If you say so!

le·git·i·mate (l-jt-mt)
adj.
1. Being in compliance with the law; lawful: a legitimate business.
2. Being in accordance with established or accepted patterns and standards: legitimate advertising practices.
3. Based on logical reasoning; reasonable: a legitimate solution to the problem.
4. Authentic; genuine: a legitimate complaint.
5. Born of legally married parents: legitimate issue.
6. Of, relating to, or ruling by hereditary right: a legitimate monarch.
7. Of or relating to drama of high professional quality that excludes burlesque, vaudeville, and some forms of musical comedy: the legitimate theater.
tr.v. (-mt) le·git·i·mat·ed, le·git·i·mat·ing, le·git·i·mates
To make legitimate, as:
a. To give legal force or status to; make lawful.
b. To establish (a child born out of wedlock) as legitimate by legal means.
c. To sanction formally or officially; authorize.
d. To demonstrate or declare to be justified.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri