U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2012, 10:54 AM

7,302 posts, read 5,972,446 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenokc View Post
And I foolishly thought Rush Limbaugh was a low as humanity could go. As a non-partisan, I'll be voting DEM on every level. MO needs to kick out these radical theocrats. It's embarrassing to be from MO lately. We really need to donate the lower 3rd of MO to Arkansas.
You come across as a non-partisan.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2012, 11:22 AM

1,830 posts, read 3,412,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
You come across as a non-partisan.
Yeah, am not particularly for Obamacare or govt taking care of people w/out promoting them to take care of themselves, but am 'live and let live' socially otherwise. Could not vote for either Obama or Palin last time. I could dig into DEMs too. They are keeping people dependent on the system rather than promoting self-sufficiency. It's an ideal I don't entirely agree with and prefer moderate GOP self-sufficiency approach but the far right GOP theocracy and uneducated proliferation that was just demonstrated is even worse, which is what most of the GOP has become.

So yes, I'm a non-partisan who agrees with maybe only about 10-20% of either party. The DEMs are looking marginally better though as the GOP looks more and more like promoting a theocracy.

Old 08-21-2012, 11:30 AM

739 posts, read 1,698,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
I don't live in Missouri, and I don't think what Akin said was particularly smart, but I'd pretty much vote for ANYONE over Claire McCaskill.

And yes, people, if you are going to try to look intelligent and criticize the man, at least have the sense to spell his name correctly or you look like you don't have a clue and are just spouting rhetoric you've heard.

If Missouri wants to be known as a laughingstock, it won't be because I misspelled his name (apologies, my bad) but because he may be re-elected. What he said was a lot more ignorant than any misspelling of his infamous moniker. That was not 'rhetoric' which I spouted. Rhetoric is different from a quote.

Old 08-21-2012, 11:33 AM

8,291 posts, read 18,229,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExNooYawk View Post
If Missouri wants to be known as a laughingstock, it won't be because I misspelled his name (apologies, my bad) but because he may be re-elected. What he said was a lot more ignorant than any misspelling of his infamous moniker. That was not 'rhetoric' which I spouted. Rhetoric is different from a quote.
Todd Akin has never held office in the U.S. Senate. Claire McCaskill is the incumbent, and is seeking re-election.

Old 08-21-2012, 11:33 AM

739 posts, read 1,698,396 times
Quote:
What he should do at this point is withdraw so another GOP candidate can replace him. Given the animosity toward the incumbent democrat, that could work for the GOP. If his ego takes precedence, there's a good chance she will hang on to her job.

Then maybe people might stop laughing at MO while we await the next political gaffe from another hapless pol.

Old 08-21-2012, 11:37 AM

12,201 posts, read 11,527,374 times
Quote:
I don't live in Missouri, and I don't think what Akin said was particularly smart, but I'd pretty much vote for ANYONE over Claire McCaskill.

And yes, people, if you are going to try to look intelligent and criticize the man, at least have the sense to spell his name correctly or you look like you don't have a clue and are just spouting rhetoric you've heard.
So what is so bad about Claire? She has accomplished quite abit.Government Accountability | Claire McCaskill | U.S. Senator for Missouri
I think a lot of this hate towards her is misplaced. Just knee jerk responses and no actual investigating the person. The 2010 election is a good example. The voting populace was and still is mad and vote for the other guy out of spite.

All of you that voted for Aikn got what you voted for! Apparently none of you even investigated his background and you made a stupid vote knee jerk reaction vote.

Lot's of fluff about Aikn but he has not accomplished diddly squat compared to McCaskill.

The Arena: - Rep. Todd Akin (R-Mo.) Bio

Old 08-21-2012, 11:40 AM

Quote:
What he should do at this point is withdraw so another GOP candidate can replace him. Given the animosity toward the incumbent democrat, that could work for the GOP. If his ego takes precedence, there's a good chance she will hang on to her job.

Then maybe people might stop laughing at MO while we await the next political gaffe from another hapless pol.
The republicans made the choice. Why should a few over rule an election?

Old 08-21-2012, 12:01 PM

13,724 posts, read 16,804,466 times
Quote:
Okay, calm down. I wasn't speaking to you specifically; quite a few people misspelled his name. He can't be reelected, though, because he's not the incumbent - Claire McCaskill is. If I lived in Missouri, I would STILL vote for Akin or anyone else before I'd ever cast a vote for Claire McCaskill.

Last edited by luzianne; 08-21-2012 at 12:26 PM..

Old 08-21-2012, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Okay, calm down. I wasn't speaking to you specifically; quite a few people misspelled his name. He can't be reelected, though, because he's not the imcumbent - Claire McCaskill is. If I lived in Missouri, I would STILL vote for Akin or anyone else before I'd ever cast a vote for Claire McCaskill.
A definite part of the problem you are. Voting lock step republican rather than who is best.

Old 08-21-2012, 12:23 PM

12,063 posts, read 29,106,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
A definite part of the problem you are. Voting lock step republican rather than who is best.
She didn't say that. Only that if the choice is between Claire and anybody else she'll choose anybody else. I don't agree, but I can certainly admit I've felt that way before.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri