U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2012, 06:47 PM

151 posts, read 248,113 times

Advertisements

republicans arent the only ones that are wackos, look at obamas democrats. I dont trust them.
It amazes me that people would vote for him. all hes doing is taking your freedom away.
dont blame just republicans. Its all. Im from kansas and moved to missouri and know all about claires
isssues being I lived on the kansas side of kc. would never vote for her. cant figure out why anyone
else would either

all the dmocrats want to do is keep people dependent on govt. big government doesnt work for me
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2012, 07:07 PM

22,270 posts, read 38,878,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moving46 View Post
republicans arent the only ones that are wackos, look at obamas democrats. I dont trust them.
It amazes me that people would vote for him. all hes doing is taking your freedom away.
dont blame just republicans. Its all. Im from kansas and moved to missouri and know all about claires
isssues being I lived on the kansas side of kc. would never vote for her. cant figure out why anyone
else would either

all the dmocrats want to do is keep people dependent on govt. big government doesnt work for me
Uh, the two party system is what is broken in the US. Between big government, big corporations, lobbyists, big banks, corruption, inflation, and everything else it's amazing we don't have more problems.

Old 08-21-2012, 07:17 PM

6,046 posts, read 22,507,640 times
Aiken makes me sick. If my choice is Aiken versus McCaskill, McCaskill is getting my vote. Aiken needs to just drop out and allow us to have another Republican candidate to vote for.

Old 08-21-2012, 11:37 PM

310 posts, read 437,680 times
How might Akin's stupidity (aka the Republicans are theocrats) affect the Presidential vote? Missouri used to be considered a swing state but now it's considered leaning Republican. Since the Akin cat is out of the bag is it possible that enough people who now will vote for Claire also will vote for Obama to turn MO blue in the Electoral College?

Old 08-22-2012, 01:14 AM

3,119 posts, read 7,471,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moving46 View Post
dont blame just republicans.
I'm not a particularly big fan of the Democrats, but my concern about the Republicans is that they'll transform the nation into a Christian theocratic state similar to a Christian version of Iran or Afghanistan under the Taliban. My other big concern is that they advocate economic policies that would result in the top 5% of the populace owning all of the means of production and earning all of the profits while the other 95% labors as slaves to support them.

Quote:
The real issue isn't the size of the government. Rather, it's how much value the people receive from their government. A large well-run government that provides cost-efficient services, providing a good value for the taxpayers' money, would be a good thing. For example, the government could provide real socialized medicine (which has proven to provide 100% coverage for far less % of GDP and in real dollar terms in every other first world industrialized nation) at a cost that's less than what people are currently paying for health care (17% of GDP) while tens of millions are unemployed and underemployed. So, it's rather mindless to go around mouthing the mantra that "big government is bad". Inefficient, dysfunctional, and wasteful government is what's bad.

Do you really think the Democrats want people to be dependent on government? That's just simple-minded. What they want is for people to be able to earn an honest living at a wage that allows an at least working class quality of life.

Old 08-22-2012, 07:47 AM

694 posts, read 1,197,122 times
Senate Ratings - - NationalJournal.com

For those who haven't yet made up their minds and looking for information.

And who is the National Journal?

About Us - NationalJournal.com

On the problem with the two party system - I agree.

Old 08-22-2012, 08:05 AM

23,599 posts, read 33,399,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhaalspawn View Post
I'm not a particularly big fan of the Democrats, but my concern about the Republicans is that they'll transform the nation into a Christian theocratic state similar to a Christian version of Iran or Afghanistan under the Taliban. My other big concern is that they advocate economic policies that would result in the top 5% of the populace owning all of the means of production and earning all of the profits while the other 95% labors as slaves to support them.

And that would be different than the current situation how?

The real issue isn't the size of the government. Rather, it's how much value the people receive from their government. A large well-run government that provides cost-efficient services, providing a good value for the taxpayers' money, would be a good thing. For example, the government could provide real socialized medicine (which has proven to provide 100% coverage for far less % of GDP and in real dollar terms in every other first world industrialized nation) at a cost that's less than what people are currently paying for health care (17% of GDP) while tens of millions are unemployed and underemployed. So, it's rather mindless to go around mouthing the mantra that "big government is bad". Inefficient, dysfunctional, and wasteful government is what's bad.

And you really think either existing party of ideologues is going to change that? After 20 years working in the political arena I certainly don't.

Do you really think the Democrats want people to be dependent on government? That's just simple-minded. What they want is for people to be able to earn an honest living at a wage that allows an at least working class quality of life.

Yep! Dependency gives them power regardless of which party you're talkin' about. Simple minded? No! Realistic? Yes! No head in the sand here. No partisanship either.
As always, just one man's opinion.

Old 08-22-2012, 08:06 AM

12,063 posts, read 29,119,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swandaddy View Post
How might Akin's stupidity (aka the Republicans are theocrats) affect the Presidential vote? Missouri used to be considered a swing state but now it's considered leaning Republican. Since the Akin cat is out of the bag is it possible that enough people who now will vote for Claire also will vote for Obama to turn MO blue in the Electoral College?
Even before the Akin kerfuffle some polls were showing Missouri in far greater "toss-up status" than was initially expected. It would be hard for Obama to take Missouri in '12 when he was unable to do so in '08, hence why you haven't seem him making many campaign stops in the state this year, but it's by no means a given. Turn out, like usual, will be the biggest question mark.

Old 08-22-2012, 08:44 AM

1,830 posts, read 3,414,742 times
MO is still somewhat a swing state but there has been an increase in radical right and not radical left. There are a lot more moderates and indifferents who are lately not politically motivated, many don't vote for particular candidates as they are disgusted with the polarity going on in politics. MO is slightly below US average in religious identity but the churchy evangelical people have been pushed to be politically motivated last 15 years and it's somewhat pushing MO to the right meanwhile the moderates are becoming less motivated due to the polarity.

The theocrats and dominionists are somewhat winning in MO not because they are the majority, but because they are the most politically motivated. With this incident, hopefully those not politically motivated will wake up and push extremists like this guy out. Hopefully MO's who don't like McCaskill go for a non vote rather than vote for a guy who does not understand basic biology and how the reproductive system works. It would be a support for ignorance and stupidity in the truest sense of the word. If this guy gets in, educated people will leave (possibly myself included) and uneducated theocrats will swarm to MO. We are becoming the Divided States of America.

Old 08-22-2012, 08:54 AM

4,527 posts, read 7,847,092 times
Have you really listened to what Akin said? His statement was definitely not politically correct or popular but his information was partially correct. Pregnancies from "FORCIBLE" rape are not very common. Here is a link to a 1999 article that gives a few facts about it Christian Life Resources

I am a Nebraska resident and even though Nebraska and Missouri are neighbors I do not follow Missouri politicians that closely. From watching and listening to what Aiken said in the offensive interview he just stepped in a pile of Politically Incorrect excrement. He is a strong Pro Lifer and his view that abortion is NOT acceptable even in cases of forcible rape is considered EXTREME.

The fact that so many people in our country are willing to accept abortion under ANY circumstance and at any point in a pregnancy is what really offends me. Some folks just don't recognize EVIL even when they are looking right at it.

GL2
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri