Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2012, 09:22 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenokc View Post
And I foolishly thought Rush Limbaugh was a low as humanity could go. As a non-partisan, I'll be voting DEM on every level. MO needs to kick out these radical theocrats. It's embarrassing to be from MO lately. We really need to donate the lower 3rd of MO to Arkansas.
Anyone voting strictly one way is certainly not non partiisan.. and the comment about AR is totally un called for, What do you know about AR, in fact do you even live in MO?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2012, 09:24 AM

9,375 posts, read 20,801,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SW Missouri Dave View Post
Do they teach grammar and spelling in New Jersey?
Not so well in the urban areas. You can take that one to the bank! I say this as an ex-NJ resident myself.

Nexis,

Todd Akin represents Missouri's second congressional district, which basically west St. Louis County and portions of St. Charles County. That would be the NJ equivalent of Morris and Somerset counties. Suburban, wealthy, but hardly 'backwater'. Politicians who do and say idiotic things come from all areas, rural, suburban, and urban. If you want an 'urban' example, I recommend you use Marion Barry as a barometer.

Additionally, Akin was born in the same place as I, New York City! Also, he graduated from Worcester Polytechnic Instititute, in that rural backwater hick state of Massachusetts.

I guess my point is, much like stereotyping someone on the basis of their skin color, it is similarly dangerous, in my view, to wholly discriminate and frame overarching opinion based on their region of origin. Todd Akin does not fit your stereotypical bill that you are attempting to portray.

Old 08-24-2012, 09:29 AM

7,444 posts, read 7,016,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
backwards in there thinking. If you look up the recent wacky politician stories their either from Rural areas or Isolated areas....not from Urban Areas....not say those Politicians aren't completely out of the woods they do stupid things aswell but never anywhere near this level.
Haha. I love unintended humor. I'm trying to be more Christian in my interactions with others, so I'll just say thank you for proving how backwards all those rural Missourians are.

Old 08-24-2012, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
Not so well in the urban areas. You can take that one to the bank! I say this as an ex-NJ resident myself.

Nexis,

Todd Akin represents Missouri's second congressional district, which basically west St. Louis County and portions of St. Charles County. That would be the NJ equivalent of Morris and Somerset counties. Suburban, wealthy, but hardly 'backwater'. Politicians who do and say idiotic things come from all areas, rural, suburban, and urban. If you want an 'urban' example, I recommend you use Marion Barry as a barometer.

Additionally, Akin was born in the same place as I, New York City! Also, he graduated from Worcester Polytechnic Instititute, in that rural backwater hick state of Massachusetts.

I guess my point is, much like stereotyping someone on the basis of their skin color, it is similarly dangerous, in my view, to wholly discriminate and frame overarching opinion based on their region of origin. Todd Akin does not fit your stereotypical bill that you are attempting to portray.
Mike, that is the ironic thing about Akin. He represents one of the more wealthy and, presumably, well educated districts in the state.

What he said is idiotic, though. Even a partisan like me can't deny that.

Old 08-24-2012, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
You can blather on all you about Dem's and Repub's. As a middle class person i see no reason to ever trust a Republican.
Just feel comforted by the fact that as a middle-class person I feel the exact opposite. I guess you and me will always cancel out each other's vote.

Old 08-24-2012, 10:31 AM

1,970 posts, read 1,761,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
Haha. I love unintended humor. I'm trying to be more Christian in my interactions with others, so I'll just say thank you for proving how backwards all those rural Missourians are.
And, I as another Christian, thank YOU for showing us how backwards so many voters are.

Old 08-24-2012, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MORebelWoman View Post
And, I as another Christian, thank YOU for showing us how backwards so many voters are.
Don't mention it.

Old 08-24-2012, 11:26 AM

2,122 posts, read 3,686,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Anyone voting strictly one way is certainly not non partiisan.. and the comment about AR is totally un called for, What do you know about AR, in fact do you even live in MO?
Don't pay him any mind. He always has an axe to grind when it comes to Southern Missouri, even though this story has absolutely nothing to do with southern MO, or Arkansas for that matter.

Old 08-24-2012, 02:15 PM

9,352 posts, read 20,030,698 times
and now this.....

GOP official says God chooses to bless raped women with pregnancy - Detroit liberal | Examiner.com

Old 08-25-2012, 02:48 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,479,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
And that you for proving we have better manners.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri