U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2006, 01:14 PM

97 posts, read 324,480 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gayleinAZ View Post
Think the leaves will hold out 2 more weeks until I get back there?
Sure... I will tell them to hold on just for you!
Actually, we still have quite a bit of green, but the orange/yellow are already starting to fall from some species of tree....so hurry!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2006, 09:33 PM

6 posts, read 35,043 times
Default Maybe by the 17th

Actually like Ozarks21 said, check the Missouri Dept of Conservation site. They just posted a report on the status of the fall colors and it is looking pretty bleak for the central part of the state We had a very dry summer and that really has a lot to do with it. We just went up to Columbia this weekend and there is still a lot of green. As for Hermanns Octoberfest, book well in advance. My wife and I had the idea back in July to go there for an anniversary trip. So we called some B&B's in the area and were told they were only taking bookings for 2007.

Old 10-02-2006, 10:37 PM

63 posts, read 196,296 times
Default Hermann in October!

The Oktober-Fest is the best. Hermann is my favorite place to escape to when I want to get away. I will be there for the Oktober-fest, too. There are so many places to go and things to see and do that you will run out of time in one day. If you would like a nice drive to see the fall colors, which are going fast, by the way Then you must drive the river road 100 from Hermann to Washington, Missouri. Lately I have been spending some time in Washington and I have to say that I am becoming very fond of the place. "Alomst" as much has Hermann. I wish I could add a picture here from my computer. There's a whole folder for Hermann and Washington. Have a nice trip, and I will see you at the Fest.

Old 10-04-2006, 09:45 AM

1 posts, read 2,064 times
Thumbs up eagles watch

Hi. The scenery here is great now and it will get better this week and then start fading rather quickly. Fall seems to come and go here.

For nature elephant rocks is a nice place within an hour or so from St. Louis.

There are two good size craft fairs with 50+ crafters in Fenton, Missouri this coming Saturday from 9 a.m. -4?p.m. The location is @ hwy 30 ( Gravois Rd)
and hwy 141 intersections. For more info call: 636-343-3800.

Also Kimswick is a little town right by Fenton-Arnold area that is a very quaint and beautiful little place where there are many little shops and neat places to eat. It is open 6 days a week and weekends but begins shutting down around 3 p.m. (closed Monday)

Hope this helps.

Old 10-05-2006, 09:01 AM

53 posts, read 187,798 times
Talking More travel talk

Drat - I had to update my user name so I could use my computer at work. I forgot the password I use at home... but I digress.

You rock.. can I send you a tube of superglue so those leaves don't wander off between now and the 14th? Just talk to them nicely until I get there.

Old 10-05-2006, 09:12 AM

Smile MO Hermann about Hermann MO

OH I got a look at those B & B prices and decided it was cheaper to rent a hotel in Columbia and DRIVE to Hermann. We'll only be there 2 days and I couldn't find a B & B that didn't cost $125 + a night and have twin beds. B & B's must be geared more toward couples. Comfort Inn did a fine job of giving me a room in Columbia.

I'm going to print off the last couple replys so I have the appropriate web addresses and phone numbers you guys have supplied.

Once again MO people are the most helpful in the world and never discourage you when you ask for help or advise. If I could I'd hop a plane today and just send for my stuff.. but alas .. I'm here for a few more months at best.

I'll see whom ever at the FEST on Sunday! I'll wear a pink carnation!

Old 10-05-2006, 09:15 AM

Mo - orphan,

If you see a middle aged lady with a big happy grin on her face, a glass of wine or beer in her hand and a pink carnation.. STOP AND SAY HI!

Old 10-05-2006, 02:59 PM

Default Ozark

I love that website. I've put it into my favorites. When I get home to my color printer I'll download the brochure and print it out so I know what I'm looking at and also the scenic routes. I think this pretty well gets me where I need to go in terms of color and routes. Looks like Hermann will be right in the thick of it when we get there. Again thank you.

Old 10-06-2006, 08:51 AM

339 posts, read 1,319,155 times
I'm glad you like the website. Our Department of Conservation is among the best (if not THE best) in the country. If you are interested in Missouri wildlife and outdoors activities, you should contact them and subscribe (free I think) to the Missouri Conservationist magazine. It is really a great publication.

Old 10-06-2006, 04:18 PM

Smile Ozark

I saw that.. the subscription info etc. I was looking at some of the classses like dutch oven cooking and some of those nature walks. Now that would be fun.. and they seem to be all around the state. I think that would be a fun way to meet people too. I took archery in high school, needless to say that was so many years ago that anything I learned I quickly forgot. I'd like to do that again if they have beginner adult classes. It was a wealth of information. I put it in 'favorites' and I'll print out the maps and pictures of leaves this weekend. I have almost a MO vacation portfolio going at this time.. I hope I get too see most of the stuff I've got brochures and printouts for. Thanks again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri