U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2006, 09:55 PM

63 posts, read 196,251 times

Advertisements

GayleAZ:
Sunday? I have to go Saturday. NASCAR race is on Sunday. But I sure would have been looking for that carnation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2006, 10:33 PM

57 posts, read 185,621 times
Talking FINE - but too bad since I was gonna buy the beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MO~orphan View Post
GayleAZ:
Sunday? I have to go Saturday. NASCAR race is on Sunday. But I sure would have been looking for that carnation.

I won't get to Columbia until Sat afternoon and Hermann on Sunday. I'm trying to cram a week vacation into 3 days - and I've done it before ,so we'll see how it goes next weekend.

So when I get to MO for good (hopefully after the 1st of next year) we'll try it again next fall and I'll make sure I have my pink carnation promptly displayed!

Thanks for all your help and info! Have a NASCAR kinda weekend!

Old 10-06-2006, 10:49 PM

Default So maybe I can record the race.

You will enjoy Hermann. There is way too much to see in one day, though. I hope you see the old cemetery that looks like it goes straight up....the hill is so steep. It's a beautiful view from the top. So...if you see the Casey's gas station, go on the street behind it. The opposite direction from Casey's is Stone Hill Winery. But don't waste ALL your time there. There are so many more. lol. Please be forwarned that if you don't get into town early (before noon) you may be sitting in traffic to get into the town. No kidding...I sat on the highway one year and inched my way to Hermann. Trust me...you don't want to inch your way over that bridge.

If you haven't already, check this out. http://www.hermannmissouri.com/
There are a lot of details about the shops and things to see.
Have fun!!

Old 10-07-2006, 02:10 PM

57 posts, read 185,621 times
Smile Mo-Orph

I have the pamphlets that the city of Hermann send out to tourists. They sent a ton of stuff and MAPS! I was wondering about the parking situation. Good thing I'm use to getting up at 5:30 every morning. I'm one of those people that always wants check out new places as soon as possible. We'll get going plenty early. The lady that's flying in from Connecticut to meet me is as bad as I am. When I went to visit her for the first time we ended up in 5 states in 3 days. WE ARE GOOD! And I'm a photo nut.. so if I miss actually seeing something I probably have it in a pic and didn't even realize it. OK - we won't doddle in one place and we are spending 2 days in that area, so if we miss something on Sunday maybe we can go back Monday and check it out. Ok - well sorry we won't be eating - drinking and being merry in the same area this year.. but there's always next year! I'll let eveyone here know when I download my pics from the trip. Anyone who wishes to see them can just send me a private e-mail with your e-mail address and let me know if you want me to send them to you one on one or when I send them out to my friends as well. I think I have most bases covered. Oh hey - one quick question anyone out there have any suggestion on the fastest / easiest way to get to Hermann from Columbia .. or should I just stick with the Chamber of Commerce map I got from Hermann? Thanks everyone!

Old 10-07-2006, 07:32 PM

Default Fast Track To Hermann

Quickest way to Hermann from Columbia is East on I-70 to Hwy 19 South. That's it. Go south on 19....it takes you directly to Hermann.

By the way, if you make a left turn just off the bridge, go down a few blocks, turn right, there is parking on the left side about 2-3 blocks away. Otherwise, just look around. Today I turned left at the bridge, went to the first stop sign, turned left again, then parked on that back street between down town and the river. There is parking at the riverside park, too. Oh ya....if a shop owner says 'you're the one with the carnation,' I told her you were coming.

Old 10-07-2006, 09:18 PM

3 posts, read 7,286 times
Lake of the Qzarks is beutiful this time of year
Quote:
Originally Posted by gayleinAZ View Post
Hey everyone,

A friend of mine and I will be in central MO the week of Oct 17th. Can anyone tell me where to see the autumn sights? Turning leaves, festivals, art fairs etc..? We are out to have a girls weekend away from our respective states and neighther of us has ever been to central MO. Per the norm thank you in advance for an ideas, MO people rock and are the most helpful of all the people on this site.

Gayle in AZ

Old 10-09-2006, 08:20 AM

339 posts, read 1,318,930 times
I-70 east to 19 south is fastest. 63 south to 94 east may be a prettier drive (along the Missouri River). I would guess it wouldn't add more than 1/2 hour to your trip.

Old 10-10-2006, 01:26 PM

I had a wonderful (Saturday) at the Oktober-fest in Hermann. I will upload my pictures in a yahoo album and post the link later. The leaves were very pretty in spotty areas. Not like they usually are in the fall. Mostly it was green and red and shades of brown, but still very pretty.

Old 10-10-2006, 03:16 PM

53 posts, read 187,783 times
Red face Need MO info about Yahoo - MO - Orph

I usually post mine to Yahoo too. Can you tell me how to SHARE them with the public? I think that would be easier on everyone here who wants to see them. And if I make them public can I send them via e-mail to my friends?

Old 10-10-2006, 07:04 PM

GayleAZ, you have to make sure your setting for the albums are "public." Yes, you can share them by email. Click on "share album" and it will tell you how to do that. If I remember correctly, an email is sent with the link to the albums. Here is mine from Hermann, Mo.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/skam2000m/my_photos

Click on the album titled Oktober-fest-06.
Some of my albums there are private. I need to see what's in them and update.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri