U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2012, 05:44 PM

14 posts, read 31,370 times

Advertisements

I currently live in California but I will be taking a job in Columbia Missouri. I found a mobile home park in Fulton that will rent to me for $200 a month. Is mobilehome renting really that cheap in that neck of the woods? My soon to be boss recommended Fulton because he lives there. If the job works out though I will be looking to buy something though. But Im looking just to rent something. I understand this mobilehome park is right by the Fulton municipal airport, that doesnt bother me, but would that be the bad part of Fulton?

I perfer living in small towns Columbia Missouri is as big of a city as I want to live in. But Ive heard some nice things about Jefferson City. All I know is thats the capitol of Missouri and that the Missouri river runs thru it. But Ive had a couple friends move there about 10 years ago, they are still there and never plan to leave so I take it that its a nice part of Missouri.

Whats important to me is the right to own guns, no smog laws, the right to throw away the remote control batteries when they no longer work without fear of getting harrased, and a place where my grand kids can visit and I can take them out fishing, boating etc, and a place where I can raise the american flag without getting threats in the mail to take the flag down.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2012, 07:58 PM

190 posts, read 206,259 times
I don't think you will have any problems with the american flag. You might get a 2nd look if you put up the confederate flag. I just saw one the other day about 2 blocks from my house and I was surprised to see it. Not much smog in the area that I am aware of....no idea about recylcing batteries. Plenty of fishing, boating and hunting opportunities. Not sure about renting much of anything for $200.00 but if you say so... You might want to check out Jefferson City News Tribune or the Fulton Sun (I think that's the name of the Fulton paper).

Old 11-16-2012, 02:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by julesevar View Post
Not sure about renting much of anything for $200.00 but if you say so...
Im weary that anywhere where you can rent something for $200 is going to be a bad neighborhood. I would be making $2800-2900 a month but I dont want to go over 1/4 of my monthly income. $700 max for rent and utilities would be all I could go. Its not much but its better than starting out in Missouri jobless and homeless.

Old 11-16-2012, 06:10 PM

The job wont start till the 2nd of January Ive got a sister that lives in St Louis I'll be living with. So there will be time to look for a place in Jefferson City, or Columbia. Im looking forward to living in Missouri as Ive got alot of family that lives there. Wish I could of said some of this in the 1st post but I just found about the start date of the job today. Though this time next week I will be in Missouri.

Old 11-16-2012, 06:37 PM

151 posts, read 247,870 times
coffee__drinkers62 who threatened you about the flag. did you turn them in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri