Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2006, 09:14 PM

2,815 posts, read 12,955,839 times

Advertisements

I got it right this time! This is why I love Missouri. It's gorgeous, unbelievably inexpensive, wildlife abounds, and people are real!

Last edited by MoMark; 09-27-2006 at 10:25 PM.. Reason: made a boo boo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2006, 04:40 PM

169 posts, read 676,632 times
Oh you are making my decision on where to move that much harder! I think I miss Missouri more with every day.

Old 10-02-2006, 08:43 AM

5 posts, read 11,370 times
I want to move back to Springfield. It is all I have thought about since I was sort of "booted out" by circumstances I will not mention. I have been living in FL where I came for what was to be a short visit to my mother and have been here for six years due to a family situation. I no longer have family in Springfield only a hand full of "friends" that keep intouch on and off. I am hesitant to move back to a place with lots of good memories with someone I am no longer with but I really like the area. I lived ther for 16yrs and I am familiar with the area and could get a good job there at the hospital, ove the outdoor, lake, etc. but, being a female, I hesitate to live where I have no immediate family. My family mostly lives in GA (1 sister, mother moving there soon) They want me to move there too (Newnan GA) outside of Atlanta. I am not getting any youner and I am single in my early 40's (not exactly a "Springfield poster woman" & not by my choice) but I like the family atmosphere of Sgf and would like to restart my life there and who know's it's never too late to start a family or get accepted into one. Did you find it easy to meet people? I just assumed you weren't married. Maybe easier for a man to live in place by himself? I just know I miss it there. I have been back to visit Sgf for a week at least each year I have been gone. I still like being back when I visit and realize my life there would be different living there now then It was when I married living there. I just don't If I would fit in anymore. An unmarried woman no kids, no immediate family. Just wanted an opion from someone who might be in a similar situation as me. Thanks to you.

Old 10-02-2006, 12:52 PM

2,815 posts, read 12,955,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fortn81 View Post
I want to move back to Springfield. It is all I have thought about since I was sort of "booted out" by circumstances I will not mention. I have been living in FL where I came for what was to be a short visit to my mother and have been here for six years due to a family situation. I no longer have family in Springfield only a hand full of "friends" that keep intouch on and off. I am hesitant to move back to a place with lots of good memories with someone I am no longer with but I really like the area. I lived ther for 16yrs and I am familiar with the area and could get a good job there at the hospital, ove the outdoor, lake, etc. but, being a female, I hesitate to live where I have no immediate family. My family mostly lives in GA (1 sister, mother moving there soon) They want me to move there too (Newnan GA) outside of Atlanta. I am not getting any youner and I am single in my early 40's (not exactly a "Springfield poster woman" & not by my choice) but I like the family atmosphere of Sgf and would like to restart my life there and who know's it's never too late to start a family or get accepted into one. Did you find it easy to meet people? I just assumed you weren't married. Maybe easier for a man to live in place by himself? I just know I miss it there. I have been back to visit Sgf for a week at least each year I have been gone. I still like being back when I visit and realize my life there would be different living there now then It was when I married living there. I just don't If I would fit in anymore. An unmarried woman no kids, no immediate family. Just wanted an opion from someone who might be in a similar situation as me. Thanks to you.
Don't wait to make a move you can't keep from thinking about! Especially if you are free of other obligations and single. Yes, I'm single and had stayed in Las Vegas longer than I wanted to because I was in a relationship and she refused to leave Las Vegas. When that broke up, I had no more restriction and things came together where I leapt. I don't think it matters if you're female or male as to whether you move or not. Hospital jobs are secure, pay well, I think you should. Plus, as you know, no matter where you live, you meet people and come into situations and opportunities you can't foresee. Life is too short not to do what your heart presses you to do.

Old 10-02-2006, 02:29 PM

5 posts, read 11,370 times
Default Thanks

Thank you for your words. Much appreciated.

I will keep you posted on my move and let you know when I get back into town. Hopefully within the next two months.

Best to you.

fortn81 (fortunate one)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
View detailed profiles of: