Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2012, 05:50 PM

694 posts, read 1,356,833 times

Advertisements

So, for all those who are tired of reading about politics on the Missouri thread ...... what kind of weather did you see today and if you saw the white stuff, how much did you get? I saw some pictures from Kansas City that showed quite a bit on the ground.

Springfield got a dusting that is mostly gone already.

Shortest day of the year tomorrow .... on Saturday the days start getting longer again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2012, 07:23 PM

2,361 posts, read 2,537,231 times
It was pretty interesting on my morning commute between Columbia and Jeff. When I left CoMo, the conditions were near-whiteout, but mile by mile the precip turned to rain. The wind was a challenge for the entire trip.

I left work early and came home late morning-- the snow had dropped off in volume but there was more of it and it was blowing, so visibility was still a problem, as were all the vehicles that didn't turn their lights on. Especially white vehicles. If they were trying to be invisible, they largely succeeded. Lots of accidents were happening elsewhere, but I didn't see any and obviously didn't have one.

My sidewalk was a skating rink by early afternoon, but sitting inside, watching the blowing snow and listening to the wind howl, was kind of pleasant, due in no small part to our electricity and internet not going out.

Old 12-21-2012, 04:39 PM

Location: Jefferson City 4 days a week, St. Louis 3 days a week
2,709 posts, read 5,096,533 times
If anybody can even call this winter. Winter usually comes much earlier here than DEcember 21st...around late November to early December is typical. This is the mildest winter I've ever experienced.

Old 12-21-2012, 05:09 PM

2,122 posts, read 3,686,272 times
We had freezing rain for about 30 minutes in Cape yesterday, that's about it.

Old 12-21-2012, 05:46 PM

38 posts, read 40,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlouisan View Post
If anybody can even call this winter. Winter usually comes much earlier here than DEcember 21st...around late November to early December is typical. This is the mildest winter I've ever experienced.
Last year was warmer. Although we had a lot of 50s and 60s last winter, we didnt get a lot of days of 70s.

The biggest thing year was how EARLY spring started. Early March we were getting 80 degree days!
And last year April was really warm too. Also lead to the big tornado season we had.

This winter overall is going to be above normal, but I don't think it will be like last years. We didn't even had a lot of days in the single digits last winter for lows.

I think Jan is going to be really cold for much of the country.

Old 12-21-2012, 10:56 PM

620 posts, read 1,233,012 times
We had snow flurries in Branson, but nothing actually stuck to the ground

Old 12-24-2012, 03:34 PM

2,122 posts, read 3,686,272 times
Blizzard Watch issued for all of Southeast Missouri other than Dunklin County. First Blizzard Watch I've ever seen in my life. This could get interesting.

Old 12-24-2012, 04:04 PM

694 posts, read 1,356,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunnerTHB View Post
Blizzard Watch issued for all of Southeast Missouri other than Dunklin County. First Blizzard Watch I've ever seen in my life. This could get interesting.
Winter Storm Warning and Winter Weather Advisory for much of Southwest and south central Missouri. This looks to become a major weather event for much of the country.

Looks like Southeast Missouri may be the most dangerous place to be tomorrow, as Gunner mentioned - although the Storm Prediction Center is putting a moderate chance for tornadic activity in the Deep South.

Active Warnings /Watches - NOAA National Weather Service

Snowfall Outlook - Earl's GIS Radar Site Overlays Page
(and another) http://204.2.104.196/gfs/WINTER_GFS0...-SNOW_48HR.gif

Severe Weather Outlook - Storm Prediction Center Dec 24, 2012 1730 UTC Day 2 Convective Outlook (will change after midnight)

Merry Christmas Missouri - and please be careful.

Old 12-24-2012, 05:12 PM

620 posts, read 1,233,012 times
Hope we get a foot! Right now they are callin for about 6 inches here!

Old 12-25-2012, 11:10 AM

Location: Jefferson City 4 days a week, St. Louis 3 days a week
2,709 posts, read 5,096,533 times
St. Louis has just been unlucky this winter, or lucky, depending on which way you look at it. Winter storm Draco just BARELY missed us to the north, now Winter storm Euclid is just barely going to miss us to the south and east. Global warming is just making all the traditional rules of winter go down the toilet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri