Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2013, 11:01 PM

Location: Jefferson City 4 days a week, St. Louis 3 days a week
2,709 posts, read 5,097,146 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoSouthernMan View Post
True. A lot of people are moving to places like Fayetteville, Springdale, Branson, Springfield, West Plains and other places in SW MO and northern AR from places like California.

However when I was in the Table Rock area I ran into a lot of locals and heard tons of "you alls" and the such and very southern accents. I noticed few flat accents.

However I was two weeks before their "season" started. I was at Silver Dollar City and noticed a lot of southern accents as well. So at least in the Table Rock region there are still many traditional southerners.
"You all" isn't Southern. "Y'all" is Southern. And Cleveland is not in the Northeast...it's in the Midwest, specifically the Upper Midwest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2013, 11:02 PM

620 posts, read 1,233,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlouisan View Post
Yes, and those that are outside of the cities are not all like Southern Missouri. St. Louis and Kansas City constitute 55% of the state's population, so actually, there are more of us than there are of you. And Northern and Central Missouri certainly don't identify with the southern quarter of the state.
You are actually WAY off. The actual population of the cities constitute for maybe 1/10 of the population of Missouri.

Old 05-28-2013, 11:04 PM

Quote:
"You all" isn't Southern. "Y'all" is Southern. And Cleveland is not in the Northeast...it's in the Midwest, specifically the Upper Midwest.
LOL...oh Lord, now he is saying Table Rock lake which is in far southern Missouri and Northern Arkansas is the regional hub of midwestern culture!!! Lord help us!

Old 05-28-2013, 11:05 PM

Location: Jefferson City 4 days a week, St. Louis 3 days a week
2,709 posts, read 5,097,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imbored198824 View Post
You are actually WAY off. The actual population of the cities constitute for maybe 1/10 of the population of Missouri.
Oh I see, using the cities definition again and excluding their metro areas. Their metro areas, if all the relevant counties are included, hike it up to way more than 1/10. St. Louis and KC together total between 3-4 million in population if all the Missouri counties considered to be part of their metro areas are included.

Old 05-28-2013, 11:08 PM

260 posts, read 587,196 times
Quote:
y'all it was. I'm not perfect at spelling everything

Many on city data consider Clevelend to be at the edges of the northeast, I know its the upper Midwest. It's pretty north to me. Might as well be Canada to me. I can never imagine living that far north.

Old 05-28-2013, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Oh I see, using the cities definition again and excluding their metro areas. Their metro areas, if all the relevant counties are included, hike it up to way more than 1/10. St. Louis and KC together total between 3-4 million in population if all the Missouri counties considered to be part of their metro areas are included.
oh ok so if someone from Centralia Illinois which is 60 miles east of St. Louis is asked where they are from, they will say St. Louis? It is after all considered part of the metro area. HUGE parts of both metro areas area in KANSAS and ILLINOIS. I would venture to say over 1/2 of their populations....what are you trying to pull here? You are factoring in other States populations into Missouri and claiming that they are part of the cities Missouri population, lol. Take away 2 million people because they live in different states and factor that into your equation, HAHAHAHA 55%?!!?! You are so full of it, your stats are always so skewed!

Last edited by imbored198824; 05-28-2013 at 11:23 PM..

Old 05-28-2013, 11:44 PM

320 posts, read 611,006 times
MO side of metro STL = 2.3M people. MO side of KC = 1.1M. So, uh, yeah, that does constitute over half the state, Mr. uppity I was born in 1988. And re STL and KC thinking they *are* MO? Newsflash: we are. Our industry and our dollars make this state go.

Old 05-29-2013, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLviaMSP View Post
MO side of metro STL = 2.3M people. MO side of KC = 1.1M. So, uh, yeah, that does constitute over half the state, Mr. uppity I was born in 1988. And re STL and KC thinking they *are* MO? Newsflash: we are. Our industry and our dollars make this state go.
Those numbers are incorrect....why do you keep lying to justify your agenda? You are adjusting the number up and ALSO just because it is classified as the "metro" area doesn't mean people consider themselves from either city. It is so ridiculous for you to say that people from areas an hour away from the actual city are from the city itself. Many have a completely separate identity!

Old 05-29-2013, 12:23 AM

Quote:
LOL...oh Lord, now he is saying Table Rock lake which is in far southern Missouri and Northern Arkansas is the regional hub of midwestern culture!!! Lord help us!
There is nothing Midwestern about that area. I was just down there two weeks ago. Same as Bull Shoals.

Old 05-29-2013, 03:08 AM

Quote:
Here you go. From near the AR and MO border on Table Rock.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri