Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2013, 04:44 PM

416 posts, read 697,537 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlouisan View Post
Then fine. Let's go our separate ways and pretend we never met. And you haven't elaborated at all on how Indianapolis has more in common with Louisville than Minneapolis. So good-bye. And this is good-bye.
Is that even part of the thread? I said I would create one in each separate city. Wish I could say more for you instead of speaking my opinion as fact. Good bye, really? I have no problem continuing with people like yourself. Lets see if you actually stick to it this time. Don't put me on ignore, we can probably have really good DISCUSSIONS in the future.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2013, 05:16 PM

260 posts, read 583,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMahValley View Post
According to this kid from St. Louis, Cleveland has more in common with Fargo, North Dakota than cities that are about two hours away in Pittsburgh and Buffalo... cities that it shares a common history, demographics, cultural patterns, and get this... linguistics. His geography is a bit off in more ways than one. He is an expert on places he has never even been to, or driven through and thinks he knows exactly what makes these places function based off where they are located in the country.
I would say Cleveland shares more with Pittsburgh than Buffalo. Buffalo is a smaller town. Pitts has a lot of similar things and industry or at least did at one time.

Old 05-30-2013, 05:22 PM

260 posts, read 583,067 times
Quote:
LOL!!!!! I could throw this entire post right back in your face. And you are in such denial..do you not realize by placing Cleveland in the Northeast, you are acknowledging it to be more like the Bos-Wash than the Midwest? Your job doesn't match you. Right...end it by saying you are the supreme ruler of the universe and I'm your pawn. Oh, so now it's a dictatorship. You threaten to do things to me if I disagree with you. You must really care about my opinion. Touching....wish I could the say the same for you. LOL, you've now crossed a line you can't go back from. Indianapolis is more like Louisville than Minneapolis? From a cultural, demographic, historical, and linguistic standpoint? You're off your rocker, and you've been off it since the first time we interacted. Indianapolis is not more of a Southern city city than a Midwestern one. Neither is St. Louis, neither is Cincinnati, neither is Kansas City. All are culturally more in line with the Midwest, a region which you've not only removed Cleveland from but tried to annex practically everything else that's a part of it. Quit bugging me...I didn't invite you to start doing this. I can see you've made it your personal mission to try and destroy my reputation on here. And I'm supposed to want your life?
I think the problem with Cinci and some people call it southern is because it is across the river from KY. However we both know northern KY around there is Midwestern and not southern. That area of the state is not southern Culturally it isn't and climate Cinci and that area of KY is actually colder than St. Louis.

In that area of KY you have to go about 50 miles south to hit Dixie. that area of northern KY is part of Cinci metro area.

St. Louis is about 90 miles from the unofficial start of the south (Jackson MO) (Cherokee Pass in Madison co) Hence why it also doesn't get called a southern city hardly ever in modern time and shouldn't be.

Old 05-30-2013, 07:29 PM

620 posts, read 1,221,920 times
stlouisan thinks he knows everything.

Old 05-30-2013, 10:43 PM

Location: Jefferson City 4 days a week, St. Louis 3 days a week
2,709 posts, read 5,064,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imbored198824 View Post
stlouisan thinks he knows everything.
I sure know more than you. Everything I ever supplied you with was based on facts. I never said I know everything. But I know many things. Among them is that you purposefully toy with me just to get a laugh. I think personally it's because you can't throw anything based on cold hard facts. You deny St. Louis or Kansas City influencing their metro areas, let alone any part of the state. That proves to me you know nothing. And thinking you know everything when you know nothing is a much bigger crime. So you and TheMahValley take a cruise together and bask in your hatred of me. Not like either of you have anything better to do. I don't think I know everything. I don't know anything about medicine. I know nothing about the stock market. I know nothing about building an airplane...etc., etc., etc. I have been to Cleveland enough, having relatives there, that I know something of the area.

Old 05-31-2013, 10:42 AM

Quote:
I sure know more than you. Everything I ever supplied you with was based on facts. I never said I know everything. But I know many things. Among them is that you purposefully toy with me just to get a laugh. I think personally it's because you can't throw anything based on cold hard facts. You deny St. Louis or Kansas City influencing their metro areas, let alone any part of the state. That proves to me you know nothing. And thinking you know everything when you know nothing is a much bigger crime. So you and TheMahValley take a cruise together and bask in your hatred of me. Not like either of you have anything better to do. I don't think I know everything. I don't know anything about medicine. I know nothing about the stock market. I know nothing about building an airplane...etc., etc., etc. I have been to Cleveland enough, having relatives there, that I know something of the area.
Missouri is a southern state. Once you realize this maybe you will become a happier person!!!

Old 05-31-2013, 12:05 PM

8,276 posts, read 11,841,506 times
Quote:
Missouri is a southern state. Once you realize this maybe you will become a happier person!!!
Well, I'd say that it's about 20-25% southern, but , of course, it's debatable, and it appears that this "debate" will never end...

Old 05-31-2013, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Missouri is a Southern state...REALLY? When even you have only acknowledged 30% of it as being Southern. You're full of contradictions. Maybe on the flipside...Missouri is a Midwestern state...once you realize that, you'll become a happier person. Your little 25% of the state doesn't speak for Missouri as a whole. Get with the program. The northern half of the state is nothing like the southernmost quarter of the state. It's a transition zone in the upper southern quarter of the state. Missouri is overall Midwestern. LOL you are a riot!

Old 05-31-2013, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassVt View Post
Well, I'd say that it's about 20-25% southern, but , of course, it's debatable, and it appears that this "debate" will never end...
That's because imbored refuses to admit that he/she is beaten. He/she wants to imagine that Springfield does a better job of speaking for the whole state than STL or KC combined. He/she refuses to acknowledge the immediate counties surrounding them as being like them, because he/she is used to cities that influence only one county (I.e. Springfield just influencing Greene County).

Old 05-31-2013, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Missouri is a Southern state...REALLY? When even you have only acknowledged 30% of it as being Southern. You're full of contradictions. Maybe on the flipside...Missouri is a Midwestern state...once you realize that, you'll become a happier person. Your little 25% of the state doesn't speak for Missouri as a whole. Get with the program. The northern half of the state is nothing like the southernmost quarter of the state. It's a transition zone in the upper southern quarter of the state. Missouri is overall Midwestern. LOL you are a riot!
I have stopped reading your posts because they are not based on any fact. You just have your opinions and push your agenda and DON"T pay attention to the facts! Also stop sending threatening messages to my inbox!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri