Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2006, 03:43 PM

1 posts, read 3,183 times

Advertisements

My grandparents are buried in a cemetery in Breckenridge,Mo. I'm in CA and haven't been there since I was a child but my mom would like to ask the caretaker to make sure the graves are cared for and she will send him a check for this purpose. I can find Breckenridge online but not the cemetery. It is either called "Prosper" or "Trosper" cemetery. It is a very old cemetery and I remember seeing graves dating to the Civil War as a child when visiting there. Would appreciate any help you can give.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2006, 05:08 AM

19 posts, read 109,063 times
Morgan, The Trosper Cemetery is in Harrison Township, Davies County, Mo. It would help to know a little about the family names that would be in the cemetery you are looking for to locate the correct one.
MissouriLady

Old 01-07-2008, 08:00 PM

2 posts, read 5,502 times
If your looking for the cemetery near the high school then its Rose Hill. If your talking about the cemetery itself, its in good condtion (well it was when I was there last year). If your grandparents have one of those long headstones that are like the length of the casket, theres a chance it maybe crumbled. My grandma's had to be fixed but her's has been there since the 70's. If your grandparents have a unusual headstone I probably have a picture of it. I took pictures of some of the old and odd headstones last time I was there.

If this isn't it try calling the post office. They could tell you who to contact.(small town charm they're nice to everyone. lol)

Old 01-08-2008, 03:56 PM

1,640 posts, read 3,653,278 times
Hi, Morgan!

You've probably already gotten better help from these two than from what I am going to give but here it is, anyway...

My help is only to find out if their graves are there and possibly help you get/see a picture of the headstones.

First, I found only two graves listed in the Trosper Cemetery at FindaGrave.com's site. They are for two people with a surname of Treon. Here's a link: Find A Grave Search Results

Then I found a BIG list of names at rootsweb's site: Trosper Cemetery, Daviess County, Missouri
From there, you can link to a picture of the cemetery and even join a list of "Friends of Trosper Cemetery"!

Here's another picture of the cemetery:
Trosper Cemetery
and there are pictures of a few headstones listed in the Trosper Cemetery at:
Missouri Cemeteries

Okay, I'm done! I sure hope you are successful in getting help from that caretaker! By the way, do you think there's a chance you have distant relatives in that area? They might be willing to check out the cemetery and take care of the headstones for you, too.

MrsGenealogy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri