Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2013, 09:28 AM

662 posts, read 1,222,474 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigblaster View Post
Why do I notice so many fat hoosiers in MO for? I mean there is a lot of them. Usually MO ranks up there with MS, AR and other states for the amount of obesity.

I'm very picky when it comes to hot women and their weight level. I have high standards.
There are plenty of attractive women of an ideal weight here in MO. I could name a ton of places to find them but I think there is a limit to how many characters you can put in a post here on C-D.

Just an FYI, not being able to attract one is not necessarily 100% their fault. Stating that they are "fat hoosiers" and being "very picky" is a definite turn-off for most women as they are very likely to think you are a massive jerk. Besides, looks aren't the end-all be-all. You have to be able to live with her too, unless all you want to do is be a playboy and have a bunch of short-term relationships. That only works until you get old and then you're just that nasty creepy old guy hitting on younger chicks. We've all seen "that guy" and we'd laugh at him if it weren't so disgusting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2013, 09:38 AM

7,442 posts, read 6,973,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nlst View Post
Ummm, no it doesn't. Missouri is not one of the fattest states in the U.S. It's right in the middle. Stop trying to group Missouri in with Southern states, especially in this context.
I'd be cautious about casting too wide a net about the southern states as well. It is well known that they have some of the most beautiful women in the country in SEC country.

I think it is a couple of very distinct groups that drive those types of statistics and they are not very meaningful to make generalizations across whole regions of the country or even whole states.

Old 08-28-2013, 11:55 AM

213 posts, read 320,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
I'd be cautious about casting too wide a net about the southern states as well. It is well known that they have some of the most beautiful women in the country in SEC country.

I think it is a couple of very distinct groups that drive those types of statistics and they are not very meaningful to make generalizations across whole regions of the country or even whole states.
You'll also notice that Indiana and Michigan are of the same obesity ratings as Missouri. That does not make them Southern either. I think you're just using this to try and make Missouri Southern, like you always do. You're going to have to explain away Indiana and Michigan before you can really strongly support your case.

Old 08-28-2013, 01:08 PM

7,442 posts, read 6,973,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nlst View Post
You'll also notice that Indiana and Michigan are of the same obesity ratings as Missouri. That does not make them Southern either. I think you're just using this to try and make Missouri Southern, like you always do. You're going to have to explain away Indiana and Michigan before you can really strongly support your case.
I think you have me confused with someone else. I'm on record saying St. Louis is solidly midwestern and the south doesn't start until somewhere between Cape and Sikeston.

I'm just saying (i) Missouri has a lot of great looking women who are not fat; and (ii) so does the south (including Mississippi (think Ole Miss), Alabama, etc). Obesity rates are a poor indicator of the overall attractiveness and thinness of the general female population.

Old 08-28-2013, 02:45 PM

Location: Finally escaped The People's Republic of California
11,258 posts, read 8,627,151 times
The flaw in the chart is its using total population, men and women...
Look at Cali, us fat guys all have hot chicks, they're all hot....

Old 08-28-2013, 04:28 PM

11,535 posts, read 30,145,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
Rural areas of IL and MN also have less in the way of concentrated rural poverty and low levels of jobs compared to Missouri, although neither of the three states have very much development outside of their respective metropolitan areas. Snip
Agreed there is little development outside of metro areas in Illinois. But, Illinois is the #2 corn producer after Iowa, and the #1 soybean producer, in the nation. There is only one large MSA between Chicago and St Louis, and at 500,000 it's not that large anyway. It is what it is. Missouri is kind of in the same boat. There is not many large communities between KC and St. Louis. It's been a number of years since I've been in MN, but I don't remember many large cities north of Minneapolis. Most states are not dominated by one super metro. California can't be used as a comparison with 38M population, two Alpha cities (LA and SF), plus San Jose, and San Diego in the south. LA is 1/10 the population. Chicago and Cook County (second largest in nation) combined has 2/3 of the state population. It is a big imbalance.

NY might be a better comparison to California. Might.

Last edited by linicx; 08-28-2013 at 05:07 PM..

Old 08-29-2013, 08:39 AM

638 posts, read 618,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by linicx View Post
Agreed there is little development outside of metro areas in Illinois. But, Illinois is the #2 corn producer after Iowa, and the #1 soybean producer, in the nation. There is only one large MSA between Chicago and St Louis, and at 500,000 it's not that large anyway. It is what it is. Missouri is kind of in the same boat. There is not many large communities between KC and St. Louis. It's been a number of years since I've been in MN, but I don't remember many large cities north of Minneapolis. Most states are not dominated by one super metro. California can't be used as a comparison with 38M population, two Alpha cities (LA and SF), plus San Jose, and San Diego in the south. LA is 1/10 the population. Chicago and Cook County (second largest in nation) combined has 2/3 of the state population. It is a big imbalance.

NY might be a better comparison to California. Might.
I think Texas is a better comparison. Houston, Dallas, San Antonio, Austin. Texas is the 2nd most populated state. New york is 4th, and doesn't have much outside of NYC.

Old 08-29-2013, 05:02 PM

70 posts, read 119,942 times
Lordy, guys. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder! All states have both fat women and thin women. Flow charts and demographics are as baseless and useless as the "top ten" state lists on Yahoo or MSN. Fat people become thin in a year's time. Thin women become fat in even less time. Either way the conversation is ridiculous. Move on, folks...Move on.

Old 08-29-2013, 06:25 PM

213 posts, read 320,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
I think you have me confused with someone else. I'm on record saying St. Louis is solidly midwestern and the south doesn't start until somewhere between Cape and Sikeston.

I'm just saying (i) Missouri has a lot of great looking women who are not fat; and (ii) so does the south (including Mississippi (think Ole Miss), Alabama, etc). Obesity rates are a poor indicator of the overall attractiveness and thinness of the general female population.
Yes. I did have you confused with someone else. Sorry
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri