U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2007, 02:19 PM

116 posts, read 413,159 times

Advertisements

You know I have to say to all of you who post here in the Missouri forum that you are the classiest, most polite and good hearted group of people I have come across. People geniunely care and take an interest in this forum and go out of their way to help others. I have as I am sure everyone has also gone through the other states and forums just to check out what is going on in them. To my surprise most are not like this with some nasty answers and really off the wall topics. And some of the Moderators..WOW. Even as moderators go we got the best. I am sure I am not telling anyone anything they dont already know. But with people like Lakejunkie, Bentaxlecrew, 2beamissourian, northbayeric, inoxkeeper, sassygirl, shadowcaver, northwoods voyager, veiled prophet, Calibassman, Darlynn, Kareybear, Monative, mrsgenealogy and plains 10 & da jammer( there are many more I just cant remember all of ya sorry). Thankyou to everyone who makes me laugh, answers my questions and can sometimes even bring a tear to the eye with the posts. Its almost fun sometimes to miss a day or two off the boards because its like christmas looking through all the good posts. Keep on keeping on
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2007, 09:26 PM

382 posts, read 990,636 times
Boy, Hockeynut, are you pushing for Member of the Year? You have posted the feelings of many in a most eloquent way. It is like "coming home" within the Missouri forum. This particular forum is absolutely the best of the best, in all ways. I skull around the other forums and have formed the same conclusion as you. Man, I can't believe what goes on in some of our "neighbors" homes. Sometimes I wished they would close their curtains, but, since I am the vicarious one "peeping in", I can't really complain. Thunder, some times it is just downright entertaining. Makes you appreciate the Missouri forum even more.

Old 11-19-2007, 09:35 PM

2,132 posts, read 4,102,164 times
Ain't it the truth? I'm hooked on these! I might not always post something here, but I read these MO forums virtually every day.

Compared to them, the forums for the other 49 states are just varying degrees of "nuttin' here, move along." (Credit: da jammer da moderator ) Just as an example, one Orange County, CA (nice place to visit, especially from Lake Forest south to San Clemente) forum has a discussion about how the women are there (are they, like, Valley Girl airheads concerned only with image and status and expensive European cars, ya know?). Sheesh. As if you can compartmentalize the 1.5 million females who live in Orange County and say they're all like this or all like that.

No, these Missouri forums are where it's at! You two make them even more special--and let's not forget Boof and all the others!

Old 11-19-2007, 09:43 PM

1,622 posts, read 3,363,251 times
Thanks, Nutty!

That is such a nice thing to do! Creating a thread is really cool, too. It makes your thoughts stand out so they're not just buried in some other thread and gives more people a chance to see it and respond!

I don't get around to the other forums much so I'm really glad to hear that we stand out as being special. Of course, we think it's pretty special or we wouldn't spend our valuable time here...but it's still neat to hear it from your perspective.

I thought I'd add that we've had our share of issues but we work really hard to handle them as quickly and carefully as possible in order to keep this such a friendly place to hang out. So, I guess our hard work has paid off, huh gang???

Last edited by mrsgenealogy; 11-19-2007 at 09:45 PM.. Reason: Just keepin' it real, folks! ;)

Old 11-19-2007, 09:50 PM

2,896 posts, read 6,147,398 times
Hockeynut, I completely agree with you and I've said it many times....a mighty fine group of folks that do linger and lounge 'round here in the MO forum

Old 11-19-2007, 10:04 PM

871 posts, read 1,827,460 times
Its like home away from home. This place lifts me up when im down. Makes me smile lots. All because of peeps like you who say nice things. There is always someone to talk to are argue with like Jdslady. lol! So much fun! I would just like to thank the wonderful folks of Mo for letting me hang out even though Im from you know where. haha! Hopefully not for long.

Old 11-19-2007, 10:25 PM

25,465 posts, read 12,513,881 times
Talking That be a nice thing to say

You are so right and may I say:http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l314/KayeMc/WelcomeAboard.gif (broken link)...and stop by often and stay awhile

Old 11-19-2007, 10:34 PM

116 posts, read 413,159 times
I cant believe I forgot Boofslady there are just so many names that I didnt mention, I just cant remember them all. I love it here and cant wait to call Missouri home. I guess I'll have to start drinking coffee once I become a resident hehe

Old 11-19-2007, 11:00 PM

25,465 posts, read 12,513,881 times
OHHHHHHHH, y'all best not forget...'Sweet Tea'

Old 11-19-2007, 11:56 PM

21,427 posts, read 37,655,045 times
Good deal.
I am giving out a rep point for your eloquent response Hockeynut.
"Missouri Talk is Tops!" I agree.
We have tons of great members on the Missouri forum!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri