Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2014, 08:56 PM

42 posts, read 65,356 times

Advertisements

Missourah!

Missouri Republicans introduce creationist bill that could ‘eviscerate the teaching of biology’ | The Raw Story
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2014, 07:35 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,244,094 times
More silliness from idiots!

Old 01-22-2014, 09:11 AM

582 posts, read 779,416 times
It looks like the liberal idiots are well at work distorting the facts. First, the bill was not submitted by Republicans it was submitted by 2 representatives. The Republican controlled Missouri house hasn't even schedule a hearing date (and likely will not), nor is the bill on the house calendar. So saying this is a Republican introduced bill would be called a lie.

Second, the bill is far from "eviscerat[ing] the teaching of biology". It allows for an op-out policy. Given that those with strong religious beliefs can simple choose to home schools their children, this bill really does nothing. For those interested the link below contains the actual information on the bill:

Missouri House of Representatives

Old 01-22-2014, 09:38 AM

These are Republicans doing this and no one else; however you try to spin it.

Old 01-22-2014, 09:48 AM

320 posts, read 611,092 times
Evolution is a robust scientific theory. Skeptics have had more than a century to disprove it, and in that century they have little if anything to show for their skepticism. The vast majority of the scientific community believes evolution occurred and that it is sufficiently supported by evidence, with those in the biological sciences being nearly unanimous in this belief. There is, quite literally, nothing for lay people to talk about with regards to whether or not evolution occurred, in the twenty-first century. It is almost indisputably fact and credible science instruction demands that it be presented as such. If parents can already home school or enroll their children in private, religious-based schools, then this law serves no purpose whatsoever, except to weaken Missouri's public schools.

Old 01-22-2014, 10:08 AM

This article wasn't about the bill or evolution, it was an attempt by a liberal hack site to create a new story out of nothing and paste it against Republicans everywhere. Thousands of worthless bills are submitted by law makers on both sides of the fence every year. They reflect on the beliefs of the law maker and not the party as a whole.

I'm far more worry about the poor quality of reporting than a bill that will die before it even gets to a committee.

Old 01-22-2014, 10:13 AM

320 posts, read 611,092 times
You must admit that today's Republicans have a knack for being on the wrong side of, well, almost everything. They carry the torch of regressive values on innumerable fronts, so they ought to not be surprised by the poor coverage and general hate directed at them.

Old 01-22-2014, 01:37 PM

That's strange, I see them as being on the right side thing more often than not. Just because the side is not popular in the liberal media doesn't make it the wrong side. In general the corruption of morals is what is popular in the media and liberal fronts. That includes labeling good morals as regressive values. So I would not really call that the right side. As for the hate, it generally comes from those that believe they are entitled to portion of what I worked hard to make. Last time I checked, envy is one of the seven deadly sins.

Old 01-22-2014, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nealrm View Post
That's strange, I see them as being on the right side thing more often than not. Just because the side is not popular in the liberal media doesn't make it the wrong side. In general the corruption of morals is what is popular in the media and liberal fronts. That includes labeling good morals as regressive values. So I would not really call that the right side. As for the hate, it generally comes from those that believe they are entitled to portion of what I worked hard to make. Last time I checked, envy is one of the seven deadly sins.
Where do you get all this stuff that i feel entitled to what you make? I don't know any Democrat that has said that stuff. You guy's have just made up that stuff from one idiots statement. You are getting no where with that stuff except turning off anyone that might want to be a Republican.

Old 01-22-2014, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Where do you get all this stuff that i feel entitled to what you make? I don't know any Democrat that has said that stuff. You guy's have just made up that stuff from one idiots statement. You are getting no where with that stuff except turning off anyone that might want to be a Republican.
Really - you never heard any Democrat support increasing welfare, proposing income based subsidies on health care insurance, min wage, income redistribution, income based housing allowances, increasing the taxes on those that succeed........

Basically increasing the taxes on those who worked and succeeded and giving it to those that didn't throuhg various programs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri