Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2014, 02:02 AM

770 posts, read 1,797,149 times

Advertisements

Hi all,

From what I have seen, state highway 13 from Springfield to Clinton, is meant to be a four-lane highway. Does the state eventually plan on highway 13 being a limited access freeway from Clinton to Springfield? In Bolivar, from what I have seen, there are interchanges for local roads and highway 13. Does MODOT plan on developing the highway 13 corridor from Springfield to KC as a freeway?
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2014, 07:16 AM

914 posts, read 2,205,021 times
?????

Mo. 13 is four lane from Clinton to Springfield, and has been for several years. Highway 7 is also four lane from Clinton to US 71 (also now I-49), which is also four lane into Kansas City.

There is no single highway designation for a four lane highway from Springfield to Kansas City, but the highways are, in fact four lane divided all the way.

Old 02-12-2014, 08:22 PM

3,326 posts, read 8,858,234 times
My guess is probably. They've made a lot of improvements to it over the years, seemingly working towards limited access.
I'd like to see it done. It probably would create a stronger connection between the two regions.

Old 02-16-2014, 07:53 AM

6,044 posts, read 24,086,761 times
I agree with northbound that road improvements seem to be going in that direction, but there are so many local roads that are accessed through Hwy 13, I think at the rate we are going it will be decades before that actually happened. Frankly the amount of traffic on 13 doesn't really many more bypasses and/or less local road access IMO. The traffic on 13 flows very nicely, it's an easy highway to travel even with the local access roads.

MODOT is just starting construction on a bypass on the south end of Osceola to cut down the cross traffic there, but if there is one spot that desperately needs a bypass and/or less local road access, it's the 1/4 - 1/2 area of 13 in Lowry City in between the two big gas stations. There are way too many semis trying to turn in and out and accidents and near-miss accidents occur too frequently. Adding to the mess are local Amish who drive horses and buggies, and the local elderly trying to drive across the highway at a turtle's pace.

Old 02-16-2014, 12:34 PM

65 posts, read 120,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbe10 View Post
Hi all,

From what I have seen, state highway 13 from Springfield to Clinton, is meant to be a four-lane highway. Does the state eventually plan on highway 13 being a limited access freeway from Clinton to Springfield? In Bolivar, from what I have seen, there are interchanges for local roads and highway 13. Does MODOT plan on developing the highway 13 corridor from Springfield to KC as a freeway?
The combined 7/13 route from Harrisonville to Springfield is mostly limited access, but it would take quite a bit more construction to make it totally limited access. You'd have to build a new road around Clinton, and I don't see that happening anytime soon. 71 from KC to south of Joplin is now officially Interstate 49, and it took decades to bring 71 up to interstate standards for that change.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri