U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2006, 08:26 AM

11,699 posts, read 11,056,700 times

Advertisements

Please read my post of 10-26-06 and the Goober-Burger info will be yours.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2006, 06:48 PM
jps

79 posts, read 361,914 times
I think this is the place, eh?

This picture makes Sedalia look like a city in Europe.

Old 11-29-2006, 02:54 AM

27 posts, read 126,536 times
OK - from the only thing I could find that you posted on 10/26 it sounds to me like it's a hamburger with peanut butter?

jps - liked the pictures. Sedalia looks like a very nice town.

Old 11-29-2006, 10:25 AM

78 posts, read 364,343 times
Thumbs up The best thing is:

Your forgetting the best thing in Sedalia,
It has a Harley Davidson dealer!

Old 12-06-2006, 02:07 PM

12 posts, read 39,544 times
Default Sedalia

I think Sedalia is a nice little town. What I like about it the most is that it is on the Katy Trail. It does get cold in winter, and has ice and snow, but I think the winter is a bit shorter than it is in New England. Missouri weather is very changeable. If you don't like the weather, just wait a minute.

Old 12-27-2006, 08:24 PM

2 posts, read 9,737 times
Default Goober

GooberBurgers have warm melted peanut butter spread on the meat pattie with sliced tomato,lettuce, mayo and can't remember everything they garnish it with. They are delicous though. I worked on the fountain there in 1956. i heard a rumor they were tearing it down to make more room for the hi-ways. They changed there minds after a croup of upset people talked to the city. They are going to keep running the Wheel Inn, It is also a national land mark in Sedalia now. Jimmers115

Old 12-27-2006, 08:37 PM

2 posts, read 9,737 times
GooberBurgers have warm melted peanut butter spread on the meat pattie with skiced tomato,lettuce, mayo and can't remember everything they garnish it with. They are delicous though. I worked on the fountain there in 1956. i heard a rumor they were tearing it down to make more room for the hi-ways. They changed there minds after a croup of upset people talked to the city. They are going to keep running the Wheel Inn, It is also a national land mark in Sedalia now.

Old 01-07-2007, 04:17 PM

1 posts, read 4,820 times
Default Sedville

I lived there for 27 years.

It's an old town and seems to prefer to stay that way. Not many real professional opportunities... Lots of factory work.

The town is cheap to live in and the Community College is great, as is reflected by it's expansions over the last ten years. There's a wonderful art program there, encompassing theater and fine arts. The college is home to the Daum Museum of Fine Art, which is gaining an internationally acclaimed reputation.

It will suck you in...

And I miss the goober burgers, as well as LeMaire's Cajun restaurant.

You'll find a lot of great BBQ joints, as well, notably Kehde's BBQ on South 65, right accross from the Missouri State Fair, and Dickie-Doo BBQ, further south on 65 just outside the city limits.

You can walk accross the town from city limit to city limit in less than three hours.

If you have kids, there are two private schools, St. Paul's Lutheran and Sacred Heart Parochial. Spend the extra dough and send your kids there as the Sedalia 200 public school district is right on par with anything Al Capone thought up.

Aside from that, the town was founded on the cattle trade, railroads, and prostitution, allowing for an interesting history that you won't really hear about during the Ragtime festival, which is arranged by little old ladies who would likely cross to the other side of the street if they actually saw Scott Joplin walking down the sidewalk towards them (he was black, if that says anything...)

Old 01-29-2007, 07:28 PM

7 posts, read 22,092 times
I am a current resident of Sedalia, and have been my whole life (23 years). Sedalia, in my opinion, is a small quiet town, not too much goes on around here that's seen. Though, I've never had a goober-burger(but do know what it is) or eaten at the Wheel Inn, there are some really good places to eat. LeMare's has great food, Goodies' has the best shakes, and Papa Jake's has The Best Doughs money can buy (even better the Krispy Kreme).

As for employment, Sedalia is growing, but there are hardly no jobs besides factories, fast-food restuarant, stores or gas stations. It is very hard to get a job here, because so many people are competing for that same job or the equivalent to it and have lack of something. Some say race,gender, etc. does not play a part in employment but sometimes that is not true. My fiancee and I put applications in at the same places and he was hired and I was not. Taking I have more knowledge and experience in that field, that was a little upsetting.

Talking about the school system, neither the public schools nor the private schools can really compete when it comes to too many things. If a person is going to succeed, then it is on them to succeed. I know a lot of "private school" students who do worse things then I a "public school" student would even think of, it's just kept "Secret". Oppps, did I say that? No Al Capone at the high school that I went to.

If this is the place that you choose to live, I say go for it. We'll welcome you, somehow

Old 01-29-2007, 07:36 PM

7 posts, read 22,092 times
Oh yea, I am black and my fiancee is white, and old lady do grab there purses and give us weird looks etc. : It's a Pretty old town, so you think about what that means.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri