Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2007, 01:46 PM

4,237 posts, read 24,780,703 times

Advertisements

I will be moving to Whiteman AFB/Knob Noster area in late Feb/early March. I would like to get some info about the area if you will please.

What all is there to do around the base/town of Knob Noster?

Also we will be looking into renting a house. What is the typical going rate on renting a house? Is there a web site I can go to and see what's avaliable for rent?

Thank you so much in advance for any help you can provide.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2008, 10:50 AM

78 posts, read 465,201 times
I'm moving to Whiteman in March. Looking forward to it. From what I've gathered there isn't much in the immediate Knob Noster area. The one thing that I am looking forward to is Knob Noster State park which is right across the street from the base. I'm an outdoorsey person and I'm looking forward to teaching the kids about some wildlife there.

The Missouri State Fair is in Sedalia in August.

Also there's "Wings over Whiteman" open house and air show, it was cancelled last year but will hopefully return this year.

These might help too:
Knob Noster, MO - Official Website
Missouri State Fair
Knob Noster State Park - Missouri State Parks and Historic Sites, MoDNR

-KJ

Old 01-22-2008, 11:37 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,239,617 times
Things to do in that area is get in your car and go to Warrensburg or Sedalia or watch the B1 bombers fly over head or something involving nature etc or they have about two strips clubs. You could die from the boredom.imo

Old 01-23-2008, 12:19 PM

It's actually the B-2 Bomber, not the B-1. And when I last visited as I was leaving along Hwy 50, I must have seen at least a dozen Strip clubs (if you're into that sort of thing). They must be doing well since they've got all those college kids and young airman to support them all.

Old 01-23-2008, 12:36 PM

870 posts, read 3,082,229 times
Default Hello!! Welcome!

I am sure you and the kids will love Missouri! There are tons of things to do for the outdoorsy, reptile/arachnid lover!!http://bestsmileys.com/insects/2.gif (broken link)
Just ask the shadowcaver!
And look at this thread! //www.city-data.com/forum/misso...-mine-56k.html
My son is in the reserves and works on B-2 fuel systems...He is transferring to MO from Barksdale when his kids get out of school. Maybe you will cross paths! http://bestsmileys.com/usa1/19.gif (broken link) I support our troops!!!!

Old 01-23-2008, 12:38 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,239,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thevez2 View Post
It's actually the B-2 Bomber, not the B-1. And when I last visited as I was leaving along Hwy 50, I must have seen at least a dozen Strip clubs (if you're into that sort of thing). They must be doing well since they've got all those college kids and young airman to support them all.
HEY! My spelling was pretty good though.

Old 01-23-2008, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlynn0217 View Post
I am sure you and the kids will love Missouri! There are tons of things to do for the outdoorsy, reptile/arachnid lover!!
Just ask the shadowcaver!
THanks! and I will.

Quote:
I'm well familiar with Steve-O's work. I've seen his pictures on a tarantula forum I frequent.

Quote:
My son is in the reserves and works on B-2 fuel systems...He is transferring to MO from Barksdale when his kids get out of school. Maybe you will cross paths!
You never know...

Quote:
I support our troops!!!!
Thank You!

Old 01-29-2008, 06:25 AM

4 posts, read 24,699 times
Nice area. I was stationed at Fort Leonard Wood and just put our house up for sale. We are in Germany presently and will not return to Missouri before retirement. Our house is in Roby, Missouri, South West of Fort Leonard Wood.

Good luck.

Old 02-11-2008, 12:27 PM

I just went down to Whiteman last week to check out the area, meet my new coworkers, see the school and look at houses.

While driving there, I found another thing to do in the area. There is a botanic garden just off of Hwy 50 about 30 miles from Knob Noster (Towards KC). Here's the link.

Powell Gardens : Road Trip For Your Soul

Old 02-14-2008, 04:25 AM

4,237 posts, read 24,780,703 times
I was talking to a guy that was once stationed there, and he tells me if you don't get an 80 on your PT test (despite 75 being the passing score) they will make you run 5 days a week.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri