Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2016, 06:01 PM

10,020 posts, read 8,638,610 times

Advertisements

PLAYBOY PLAYMATES BORN IN MISSOURI

Yvette Vickers July 1959 Kansas City

Jean Bell October 1969 St. Louis

Crystal Smith September 1971 Kansas City

P.J Lansing February 1972 Frankford

Deanna Baker May 1972 St. Louis

Ruthy Moss June 1973 Bourbon

Patti McGuire November 1976 Dexter

Janis Schmitt February 1978 St. Louis

Ola Ray June 1980 St. Louis

Ruth Guerri July 1983 St. Louis

Sherry Arnett January 1986 St. Louis

" BEST POTATO CHIP YOU"VE NEVER TASTED "

A few years back I bought a big bag of these and brought them over to my brother-in-law's house when we were watching the Rams game. I didn't pay much attention to them when I grabbed them off the shelf, just thought they were barbecue ripple potato chips. My sister poured them in a bowl and we each ate one at the same time and looked at each other, " damn those are hot " we both said at the same time and quickly reached for our beers. Those were the hottest I had ever eaten.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Hot_Riplets

MAULLS

https://maulls.com/

I finally found a picture of the old Bayou Belle.

https://www.facebook.com/preservings...6718502704533/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2016, 08:06 AM

Fulton State Hospital opened in 1851 and is the oldest public mental health facility west of the Mississippi River.

St. Louis Children's Hospital was founded in 1879 and is the oldest pediatric hospital west of the Mississippi River.

Ste. Genevieve's Memorial Cemetery was established in 1787 and is probably the oldest existing cemetery in Missouri.

THE MISSOURI MYSTERY MOUND

Mystery mounds discovered in Missouri | Bearing News

ENOCH'S BRIDGE

The Ghosts of Enoch's Bridge

THE IRISH WILDERNESS MYSTERY

Irish Wilderness

Old 05-25-2016, 11:35 PM

ROANOKE CAVE

Roanoke Cave Mystery

THE BABYSITTER AND THE MAN UPSTAIRS (a lot of movies were based from this Missouri incident)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ba...e_Man_Upstairs

THE ACTUAL STORY

http://www.columbiatribune.com/news/...3c61ac54e.html

HAUNTED PLACES IN MISSOURI

Shadowlands Haunted Places Index - Missouri

You can find info on these if you Google them:

The Black Carriage Of Overton
The Lantern Of Knob Noster
The Haunted Tavern Of Boonslick
The Altamont Pterodactyl
Missouri Mystery Kangaroos

Old 05-26-2016, 11:53 AM

MISSOURI PARADES AND FAIRS

Veiled Prophet

VPPARADE.ORG

Annie Malone

Annie Malone: more than a parade | St. Louis Public Radio

Missouri Events

Top 25 Missouri USA Events and Festivals

World's Tallest Waterslide

All NEW Verruckt | Schlitterbahn Kansas City Water Park

FERRIS WHEELS

| The Kansas City Star

Chicago

https://www.sixflags.com/stlouis/attractions/colossus

1904 St. Louis Fair - WF Myths - Structures

Old 05-26-2016, 10:17 PM

The largest pool in Missouri is at Lake Paradise Resort in Lone Jack, Missouri and holds 500,000 gallons.

LEGEND OF BETSY BEAUMONT

The Legend of Betsy Beaumont - Urban Legend Ghost Story - Castle of Spirits.com

THE BOTTOMLESS PIT (or called Devil's Hole) Hannibal, Missouri

In 1973, Rod Serling narrated a movie called Encounter With The Unknown consisting of three tales based on actual events. The second tale is about a Missouri boy who loses his dog near a mist-shrouded hole in the earth. His father is lowered into the hole to investigate and lets out a terrifying scream. This tale is supposedly based on the hole in Hannibal, Missouri. There is also a Devil's Hole in northern Arkansas.

THE HITCH-HIKER

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hitch-Hiker

Based on this character:

William Edward "Billy" Cook, Jr (1929 - 1952) - Find A Grave Memorial

MORE STORIES

Mystery Of Standing Rock
Mystery Booms In Grundy County
Unseen Beast Killing Dogs In Neosho

When I was a teenager I had this Amazing Facts book that I used to bring to my job and I would bug the hell out of my co-workers during our cigarette breaks in the smoking lounge. I would be asking them stuff like, " Did you know the tallest man that ever lived was almost 9 feet tall?" After a while they started going outside to smoke their cigarettes. I heard the boss tell the foreman, " He's making a pest of himself with that damn book." Because of all the cigarette smoke that built up in the lounge they had to keep the window open and I could hear the boss after he found my facts book on the table asking his secretary, " Did you know the heating pad was invented by one of the Marx brothers?" He stayed in there for over an hour reading it and took it home with him at the end of the day. I was still bugging my co-workers the next day, " Did you know the boss stole my facts book?"

Old 05-27-2016, 01:29 AM

I've always had an interest in this one.

2d Lt. DP HAYS b.Pettis County,Missouri (1919-1943)

He was the navigator on the Lady Be Good that crashed in the Libyan desert in 1943 and wasn't found till 15 years later.

Lieut Dp "Deep" Hays (1919 - 1943) - Find A Grave Memorial

Interesting what happened to some of the parts off the Lady Be Good.
(you have to click on LADY BE GOOD (AIRCRAFT) after clicking on link)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lady_Be_Good_(aircraft)

Loosely based on the Lady Be Good. Twilight Zone "King Nine Will not Return" (starring Bob Cummings b. Joplin Mo. 1910-1990)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_Nine_Will_Not_Return

Loosely based on the Lady Be Good. Sole Survivor (1970)

Sole Survivor (TV Movie 1970) - IMDb

Old 05-28-2016, 07:04 AM

The movie "Airport" made in 1970 starring Dean Martin and Burt Lancaster was based on Continental Airlines Flight 11 which crashed in Unionville, Missouri on May 22, 1962 after being blown up in the air by passenger Thomas G. Doty in a life insurance scheme. It is the worst air disaster in Missouri history. A memorial with the names of all 45 killed on the flight was erected in Unionville.

On 4-13-69 Mike Fiore hit the first homerun in Royal's history.

The Callaway Bank in Fulton is the oldest independent community bank in Missouri.

Saratoga Lanes in Maplewood Missouri is the oldest bowling alley west of the Mississippi River.

Normandie Golf Club of St.Louis is the oldest course west of the Mississippi River.

THE BIG TREE

Big Bur Oak

GIANT CYPRESS

Blog: Giant cypress was Missouri's largest | Southeast Missourian newspaper, Cape Girardeau, MO

Old 05-28-2016, 07:25 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,499,383 times

In 1973, Rod Serling narrated a movie called Encounter With The Unknown consisting of three tales based on actual events. The second tale is about a Missouri boy who loses his dog near a mist-shrouded hole in the earth. His father is lowered into the hole to investigate and lets out a terrifying scream. This tale is supposedly based on the hole in Hannibal, Missouri. There is also a Devil's Hole in northern Arkansas.

Dee-dee-dee-dee-Dee-dee-dee-dee. Twilight Zone jingle - tee hee! That is one of Art Bell's subjects, the hole ta hell, on his show 'Coast to Coast' with Art Bell. Now hosted by George Noory. Scary stuff!

Old 05-28-2016, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post

Dee-dee-dee-dee-Dee-dee-dee-dee. Twilight Zone jingle - tee hee! That is one of Art Bell's subjects, the hole ta hell, on his show 'Coast to Coast' with Art Bell. Now hosted by George Noory. Scary stuff!
I'm not familiar with him, is this a radio show or cable show ?

Old 05-28-2016, 12:22 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,499,383 times
An AM radio show - I don't even know if it's still on the radio but I'll bet it is. It's fairly popular.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri