U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2007, 10:01 PM

4,679 posts, read 11,086,045 times

Advertisements

All can say at this point is maybe contact the personal at the sites here, as maybe the company's own sitemaster is slow on updating their's?

GRADUATION INFORMATION (http://www.wood.army.mil/1-48IN/gradinfo.htm - broken link)
,,,or,,,
graduation (broken link)

Best of luck to you and your family!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2007, 09:39 AM

1 posts, read 6,205 times
Smile Letter received from Ft. Leonard Wood

Am I the only parent in the entire Bravo Company that received a letter from the Army stating NOT TO MAKE RESERVATIONS PRIOR TO RECEIVING CONFIRMATION THAT YOUR RECRUIT IS GRADUATING? This letter will not be sent out prior to the 5th week of training....... lets see that makes it this week. Maybe I am overly paranoid but my son sent a letter last week speaking of a recruit that decided a live round of ammo was a cool souvenier and now has to start over. For myself, we are driving from Wyoming and we'll wait until we receive the letter FROM THE ARMY.

Old 11-24-2007, 02:03 PM

1 posts, read 9,654 times
We will also be going to graduation in January. WE have no idea where to fly in to. It is a 13-14 hour drive for us and I am not sure that is a good time of year to tackle that. When I checked prices to fly in to Springfield, they were almost $500.00 per person. My son is flying home for Christmas and is flying out of St. Louis. Does anyone know how far a drive this is? The tickets are $200. cheaper this way. Does the army give you information, and if so, how do you access it?

Old 11-24-2007, 02:15 PM

2,132 posts, read 4,096,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by springdale View Post
We will also be going to graduation in January. WE have no idea where to fly in to. It is a 13-14 hour drive for us and I am not sure that is a good time of year to tackle that. When I checked prices to fly in to Springfield, they were almost $500.00 per person. My son is flying home for Christmas and is flying out of St. Louis. Does anyone know how far a drive this is? The tickets are $200. cheaper this way. Does the army give you information, and if so, how do you access it?
Do you mean the distance from St. Louis to Fort Leonard Wood? It's about 140 to 150 miles, and it's a nice drive along I-44. From Springfield it's still about 80 miles or so. Save the $200 per ticket, for sure. Hope this helps!

Old 11-24-2007, 03:46 PM

There is a smallish airport at FtLW - might check to see what the price to fly directly there might be; could save the gas and rental, plus your time. Where are you flying from? As NBEric says, it is indeed a pleasant drive from StL airport to Fort Lost in The Woods - just at times there could be issues due to accidents, weather, etc. If do fly into StL, have a MO state hiway map with ya, so have idea of where to bugger off of the interstate in times of need, rest, food, etc. Also, and most importantly, best wishes to your family, and your son.

ps: I am guessing that you have seen this site: http://www.fortleonardwood.net/
BTW, the FAA code for the Forney airport is TBN

Oh, for info on driving in MO during winter, here are couple sites with some info:
MoDOT Traveler Information Map
or
MO Winter Road Conditions

Old 09-05-2008, 08:55 AM

2 posts, read 12,506 times
Default military graduation information

Our son is supposedly Graduating on December 5, 2008. We have never been there. How do we pack because I am sure it will be cold there. How much are the cab fares to go into Fort leonardwood if we don't rent a car?Is there a big difference ? Do we give him a Graduation gift ? Like what ? He was supposed to be deployed the next day to his homebase. We are planning to stay at Holiday Inn Express which states on their website to be 3 miles away.Is that agood place to stay ?

Old 09-05-2008, 09:27 AM

12,064 posts, read 28,663,476 times
So are you flying? Into where? St. Louis? You'd have to rent a car in that case, as it's about a 2 hour drive to Fort Leonard Wood.

Last edited by ShadowCaver; 02-08-2010 at 02:47 PM..

Old 09-05-2008, 09:31 AM

2 posts, read 12,506 times
We are flying from nj to St. Louis and then flying to waynesville and rent a car hopefully to Holiday Inn Express in St.Robert.

Old 09-05-2008, 11:29 AM

Might also look at some of the other threads regarding Ft. Leonard Wood, graduations, Waynesville and/or Rolla areas, and the such... //www.city-data.com/forum/searc...archid=7704569

For example:
//www.city-data.com/forum/misso...bert-area.html

If you are flying to the 'main' airport, its actually on Ft Wood - TBN and KTBN are codes for that one, on Forney Field.
There is another smaller non-commercial airport is "Taylor Field", north of town.

Yes, that hotel is good, and in nice/safe area. As to a gift, can't say - maybe food, hugs, blessings, and thanks? The weather can be definitely cold during that time, but by same token could be warm - best thing to do is look at an on-line weather forecast [such as intellicast.com] a few weeks, and then a few days before yas head west. Sorry don't know anything about the cab fares vs. rentals.

Congratulations, and thanks to him for service. Best wishes... and safe travels.

Last edited by ShadowCaver; 02-08-2010 at 02:49 PM..

Old 09-21-2009, 10:04 AM

1 posts, read 5,634 times
My fiance is going to be in basic training at Ft. Leonard wood. He graduates from BCT in December. What is there to see sight wise while we are there i wont to actually see missouri instead of just going there for graduation and driving back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri