Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2006, 12:01 PM

8 posts, read 16,979 times

Advertisements

MO sounds wonderful! We are a family of five looking for a good place to raise kids. Live in S FL and cannot deal with traffic, cost of living and horrible areas for kids... want a more natural life. Looking for something rural, want some horses and cows and goats and chicken and grow our own vegetables and everything that goes with that great lifestyle...
I am very excited to read what everyone has to say about MO, specially the Ozarks, I am wondering though, is there a place as wonderful as The Ozarks with a little bit more snow?
I used to live in CO and really enjoy the snow...
Any information would surely be appreciated!!!
Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2006, 12:06 PM

26,212 posts, read 49,044,521 times
Default If you miss Colorado and the snow...

....see my post here at: //www.city-data.com/forum/color...springs-2.html

Old 10-26-2006, 01:08 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,239,617 times
You can get a nice snow in the Ozarks. Usually be under about 3 inches and usually doesn't last very long. You have to get north of the Mo River at Kansas City and then project a line due east to get much snow in Mo. Just depend on the weather pattern that is passing thru.

Old 10-26-2006, 07:51 PM

2,815 posts, read 12,986,901 times
Yep, Versatile is right. Some years you get little, some years you get a whole bunch like the December of 2000 and 2002 when a single snowstorm dropped about 14" each time. For the month of Dec. 2000, Springfield got the whole annual average of 20". In Dec. of 2002, it got 20.5"...That's a lot of snow! Mostly it falls in only a few inches at a time or less. Believe me though...if you're going to be responsible for horses, cows, and goats, you don't want to have to trek out in too much snow. It's hard on the animals and hard on the humans looking out for them! This picture I took Feb. 18th was about as much snow that fell at one time where I live. It wasn't a very snowy winter last winter. I think this one may prove differently...
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r199/MoMark/cid_Photo-0018.jpg (broken link)

Old 10-26-2006, 10:06 PM

393 posts, read 1,736,570 times
Wink Brrrr

MoMark...All I can say is Brrrrr.......Don't know how ready I am for that white stuff all over the ground. Makes a nice postcard tho....

Old 10-27-2006, 07:47 AM

8 posts, read 16,979 times
Thank you so much MoMark! I really appreciate you sending that picture so that I can get a better idea. So far so good, we have gone through most states researching and in my list MO is #1, but hubby still wants to research a few others…
I can’t wait until we get there. Anything else that you can think of that would be good advice?
We have three wonderful kids 13, 4 and 3 and we will be homeschooling them but we still want to be within a drive to extra-curricular activities for them. We are looking at a farm setup where we can try to become more self-sufficient. Ya know, chickens, goats, horses… Any suggestions of areas that would be suitable for our “dream” would be greatly appreciated!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri