U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2006, 10:05 PM

6 posts, read 19,466 times

Advertisements

Can anyone tell me about the job market in the Aurora Mo. area.

I will be looking for part time. I worked 29 years as a Productiom Supervisor,Safety Supervisor and HR Supervisor. I just want a part time job to bring in some money and just for the pleasure of getting out and working at least part time.. Anything but fast food.. Would really enjoy something that involved safety or writing policies.. Any ideas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2006, 10:20 AM

5 posts, read 35,343 times
Is it near a major city at all? I am not sure where that town is.

Old 10-31-2006, 11:51 AM

11,699 posts, read 11,056,700 times
I think Aurora is in the SW part of the state and used to be a big mining town. Very few jobs to be had i am sure. Most likely you can or will have to commute to Joplin. The chamber of commerce in Aurora has a good website and might help you out.

Old 01-09-2007, 08:36 PM

1 posts, read 2,890 times
Default I Live in Aurora

Aurora is small...the people who move here from other places tend to like it a lot due to low cost of living. There are not a lot of employers in Aurora. It is what they call a "bedroom community". Most people commute to Springfield, Monett, or Joplin to work. It is not bad. We moved here from out of state... This is my husband's home town. I prefer a bigger town with more to do than here.

Old 01-11-2007, 09:05 AM

65 posts, read 358,035 times
Default Aurora

The major employer that I think of in the area is Jack Henry in Monett, Aurora is in Southwest Missouri, smaller town, and part time work and commuting to Springfield I would analyze the benefits as far as income before commuting that far.

I am wondering if OSHA would have any employement referral systems to companies in this area to you. Not sure if they do that but since they do the inspections on safety maybe there is a network that you could inquire about in this area or office in this area that could point you in a direction of a company in need.

Old 07-06-2007, 09:00 AM

1 posts, read 2,753 times
Default Safety

If you're looking for something in the safety area, you might try Efco Corporation in Monett. They're an aluminum door and window company with about 1500 employees in their local plant, with a couple of other plants in the eastern half of the U.S.
There's also Tyson's Foods in Monett, but I'm not sure what their employment numbers are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri