Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2008, 07:37 PM

2 posts, read 5,012 times

Advertisements

Would love feed back from people in the area and people who have relocated to the area. I think MO is beautiful and I can buy a home (been looking a lot) with payments half the amount it costs to rent here. I've had a good home with very low rent by CA standards for the past 11 years. I don't know if my 18 year old will come with me and I hate to be far away. I know it's hard to relocate. I'm a CA girl (well, in my forties). Tired of working full-time and second jobs. I'm feeling very confused right now. Please send info about the area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2008, 07:39 PM

2 posts, read 5,012 times
Default I know I'm replying to myself.

New to this forum, please bare with me and provide any hints as to navigating this site. Thanks again.

Old 01-13-2008, 09:22 PM

2,361 posts, read 2,535,745 times
hi there-- there are several recent forums started by people asking similar questions. I suggest you read those and ask any follow-up questions you might have.

Most of us Columbians think our town is pretty special.

Old 01-13-2008, 10:02 PM

5,812 posts, read 18,823,233 times
Columbia's a nice town. I'm sure you'll do just fine there. Basically any place in Missouri will look like a bargain compared to California, even the lofts of Downtown St. Louis.

Columbia's beautiful. I think you'd be very happy there.

Old 01-13-2008, 10:17 PM

791 posts, read 1,819,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Can't afford OC CA View Post
Would love feed back from people in the area and people who have relocated to the area. I think MO is beautiful and I can buy a home (been looking a lot) with payments half the amount it costs to rent here. I've had a good home with very low rent by CA standards for the past 11 years. I don't know if my 18 year old will come with me and I hate to be far away. I know it's hard to relocate. I'm a CA girl (well, in my forties). Tired of working full-time and second jobs. I'm feeling very confused right now. Please send info about the area.
CAOCCA,

I too am a CA girl. (Full Blooded) (in my 40s) DH & I moved here from the Central Valley 7 mos ago. We absolutely love it here, and I'm betting that if you're from OC, you're going to love it too. It's so not crowded here, and the traffic is next to nothing compared to CA. I'm excited for you, and hope your new adventure turns out to be as wonderful as ours did.

Now, on to the question. You say you're looking to settle in Columbia. Although I've only been there 2 times, I am completely enamoured with it. The scenery is just beautiful, and the architecture is wonderful. Of course, I love the old style homes, so if you don't, you might not find it as enchanting as I do.

In the Fall, the foliage is so colorful that you'd think it was fake. In the Winter, the blanket of snow on the landscape is something right out of a Kincade painting. It's simply incredible!!! I've never seen anything like it.

Another good thing about Columbia is that it's small enough to have maintained the old tyme, small town feel, yet big enough to have all of the amenities one would need. Also, the economy there is thriving with energy, as indicated by all of the new construction going on, which might indicate a decent workforce. Now that I've told you why I love it there, let me tell you what I don't care too much about. Some of the main throughfares can be more congested than I care for, resulting in heavy traffic during peak hours. Other than that, I'd need to spend more time there to know more.

Sorry I couldn't give you more than that. I'd recommend doing a search on the forums for Columbia, and see what comes up. I know of several other discussions on it, and they might shed a little more light on the subject.

Good luck in your search. God's speed to you in getting to your new home. Oh, and welcome to CDF. Take time to look around at all the different forums here. I think you'll really enjoy your time here.

Keep us posted,
Boof
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri