Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 10:08 AM

97 posts, read 347,252 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by northbayeric View Post
Plus maybe a pizza place and something like a Japanese hibachi type of food court place. That's assuming a food court is in the plans.
Yes, there is a food court in the works. At this time, what I have been told is that the existing food vendors would still be there, and there would be more added. The existing food available at the mall is: Chinese, Pizza, Popcorn/Icees/Ice Cream, Taco Johns. The pizza place "Original Pizza" is one of our favorites in town, as they have as true to authentic NY pizza as you can get around here. (We know, as my hubby is a NYer!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by northbayeric View Post
I want to check out the Shoppes at North Village in late March during my next visit and compare it to some of the factory outlet malls in this part of northern CA.
I do not think you can compare Shoppes at North Village to an outlet mall anywhere...as it is not an outlet center. It has:
After Hours Formalwear, Dressbarn, Lane Bryant, Old Navy, Kohl's (my favorite!)Bed Bath & Beyond, Pier 1 Imports, Home Depot, Best Buy, Sam's Club, T.J. Maxx, Target, Hair Color Xperts, Kevin's Nails, Supercuts, Famous Footwear, Payless ShoeSource 816.232.7601 Borders with Seattle's Best Coffee Bar Inside, Cingular Wireless, EB Games, GNC, Michaels Crafts, PETCO, Hollywood Stadium 10 Theater, 54th Street Grill & Bar, Bob Evans, Chili's, Chipotle, Cold Stone Creamery, Panda Express, Famous Daves BBQ and coming soon: Chick-Fil-A.

Directly accross the street: Cheddar's, Olive Garden and KFC.

Also, new coming to town in the old Pony Express Hotel location (belt & frederick) is a Quiznos, Anytime Fitness, and several others unannounced at this time.

Near the interstate, a new Le Peep restaurant just opened.

Construction on the mall is tentatively scheduled to begin in February. Olive Garden will be ready in November.

Plans are still in the works for Tuscany Village, which would sit east of shoppes at North Village, right on the interstate. They have moved ground, but have stalled at this point. The developers made promises of more upscale retailers, (like Restoration Hardware) with hotels, restaurants and other retail.

Then there is the south end of the belt hwy, The Commons, where you currently only have Menards, and a waffle house (both new) with plans for several more retail shops.

In addition, existing businesses in town are really trying to step-up their game, by remodeling inside & out and working with staff to improve attitudes. And while St. Joe still has a ways to go, in the 15 years I have been here, I can truly say this is about the first time I think I can say that things are looking up (on the retail front, anyway!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2008, 02:43 PM

117 posts, read 526,675 times
By food vendors still being there, do you mean they intend to keep their current locations, or rather move them to the food court (except for maybe the pizza place) but keep the same tenants? Keeping them in their existing locations just doesn't seem optimal.

Also, I find it odd that none of the companies involved with the project have any notation of it on their websites. Usually companies such as those love to promote the properties they are involved in.

No matter how you look at it, its all looking up.

Old 01-28-2008, 03:38 PM

97 posts, read 347,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by a42887 View Post
By food vendors still being there, do you mean they intend to keep their current locations, or rather move them to the food court (except for maybe the pizza place) but keep the same tenants? Keeping them in their existing locations just doesn't seem optimal.
My understanding is that the food will all be in the food court, with a few minor exceptions (I would assume original pizza would be one) but they will be remodeling all the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a42887 View Post
Also, I find it odd that none of the companies involved with the project have any notation of it on their websites. Usually companies such as those love to promote the properties they are involved in.
None of the companies involved would mention it YET, as it is still awaiting some approvals (not sure which) or, if I remember right, they "JUST" got approval...so they probably don't have them up-to-date yet.

Old 01-28-2008, 10:39 PM

2,142 posts, read 4,450,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StJoeFanatic View Post
Yes, there is a food court in the works. At this time, what I have been told is that the existing food vendors would still be there, and there would be more added. The existing food available at the mall is: Chinese, Pizza, Popcorn/Icees/Ice Cream, Taco Johns. The pizza place "Original Pizza" is one of our favorites in town, as they have as true to authentic NY pizza as you can get around here. (We know, as my hubby is a NYer!)
Yet another restaurant to add to our short list! That's right, I remember you having said Mr. StJoeFanatic is originally from New York. There certainly won't be a shortage of restaurants in town once the food court opens up and once the other restaurants get up and going. Except Steak 'N Shake. But we'll be able to head down to Barry Road south of St. Joe if I need a Steakburger and Chili Fix!

Quote:
I do not think you can compare Shoppes at North Village to an outlet mall anywhere...as it is not an outlet center.
That too is good to know. I was kind of thinking more as far as the layout is concerned. With Michael's and PetCo, it sounds like the Santa Rosa, CA Marketplace but with less traffic! Between the Shoppes and East Hills, plus good ol' Wal-Mart and whatever downtown shopping opportunities there are, I would think nearly all of our shopping could be done right in town.

Quote:
Then there is the south end of the belt hwy, The Commons, where you currently only have Menards, and a waffle house (both new) with plans for several more retail shops.
A Waffle House, you say? Once in a while, that really hits the spot for breakfast. Mrs. Northbayeric and I really enjoy Cracker Barrel, too. We just don't eat out all that much where we're at, except occasionally at a Chinese restaurant for one of its lunch specials. We have a Panda Express not too far from our house that opened up last summer too.

Quote:
In addition, existing businesses in town are really trying to step-up their game, by remodeling inside & out and working with staff to improve attitudes. And while St. Joe still has a ways to go, in the 15 years I have been here, I can truly say this is about the first time I think I can say that things are looking up (on the retail front, anyway!)
It's going to be great to witness all of this once our house sells and we're moved back there! Customer service is so key for the sake of getting clients and patrons to come back again and again.

Did I tell you it's great to have you back here at C-D? You haven't lost a step at all when it comes to providing quality info about all stuff St. Joe! If you get too busy at work again and have to "take a leave of absence" here, I'll understand.

Old 02-25-2008, 10:51 AM

2,142 posts, read 4,450,396 times
Exclamation East Hills Mall Newspaper Updates

The St. Joseph News-Press newspaper has just written a couple of interesting articles about the East Hills shopping mall in St. Joseph:

"Mall owners built fortune before decline"
stjoenews.net | Mall owners built fortune before decline (http://www.sjnp.net/news/2008/feb/24/mall-owners-built-fortune-decline/ - broken link)

A salient excerpt from this article reads: "In St. Joseph, a failing business is rewarded. The worse the mall performed, the more money it could receive from the public, due to the wonders of tax increment financing, or TIF." Hopefully this will never again be an issue as far as the mall is concerned, once the newest renovation project is completed late this year.

A second article, published today:

"Mall's value raises eyebrows: East Hills worth about $40 million for TIF purposes."
stjoenews.net | Mall's value raises eyebrows (http://www.stjoenews.net/news/2008/feb/25/malls-value-raises-eyebrows/ - broken link)

The mall was assessed at a mere $19.8 million two years ago, which meant a more favorable property tax assessment, but the current $40 million value means it can collect more TIF monies. That JC Penneys is now on solid ground has also played a role in the mall's greater value now.

Old 02-26-2012, 12:51 AM

3,565 posts, read 7,977,924 times
Did this mall ever get renovated and revamped as proposed a few years ago?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri