Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2008, 04:15 PM

2,201 posts, read 2,515,378 times

Advertisements

I work at in the medical field and sometimes people call MAPS. It could be that it is for disabled and low income people and I didnt know that. The city is adding one or two trolleys next year and numerous stops. Hopefully that will pick up the transit situation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollym313 View Post
My understanding...is that MAPS is for those that have medicaid or medicaid in the household ( in otherwards low income). I have used MAPS before and those were their guidelines. Also...MAPS has been running on appointments. Many have a standing pick up time, therefore making it difficult to get a ride the day you might need it. Although...the trolley has picked up a few new stops, there is still only one trolley and only select pickup locations. If I wanted to ride the trolley...I would have to either drive my car or walk about 3 miles to the nearest pickup point (and I do live in city limits). Yes...Joplin is headed in the right direction but their is still a considerable need for public transportation. I will agree with the roads...the city seems to really be on the ball with repairs. The ice storms and floodings have really taken a toll on our city streets.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2008, 07:00 AM

3 posts, read 5,573 times
Can any one help me with information about the Joplin Parks and Recreation Department?
Thanks

Old 08-17-2008, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nihpoj View Post
Can any one help me with information about the Joplin Parks and Recreation Department?
Thanks
what info are you needing?

The city's web page is: City of Joplin, Missouri

www.joplinparks.org

Old 08-18-2008, 05:20 AM

3 posts, read 5,573 times
Just wondering what impressions people have? Have you used their programs, played on their fields, gone to their parks, etc. I can read about the Department, but what people think and say is important.

Old 08-18-2008, 09:28 PM

63 posts, read 273,488 times
I personally like Landreth park the best, although I haven't been to any parks in a while. What I like best about it is that you can see the Messenger Tower from there. It gives a somewhat decent view of downtown. Now if only downtown had more high rises.

Old 08-20-2008, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nihpoj View Post
Just wondering what impressions people have? Have you used their programs, played on their fields, gone to their parks, etc. I can read about the Department, but what people think and say is important.
The parks are well kept. Most have been updated in the past few years. I prefer Wild Cat Glades and McIndoe due to the waterway and nature feel.

Old 08-21-2008, 03:39 AM

63 posts, read 273,488 times
^^
I forgot about Wildcat Glades. It was pretty nice the last time I was over there. I liked the "cave" that was there, although it wasn't very big.

Old 09-10-2008, 12:47 AM

8 posts, read 72,023 times
Default Joplin Area chit chat

I live in Maben, Mississippi, Oktibbeha County, 18 miles west of Starkville, home of Mississippi State University.
I have never been to Joplin, but, have been to Springfield a few times.
I am interested in geneology, and have joined myspace, and by being a member of myspace, I have become friends with a young man in Joplin, Charlie Wlliams, who lives with his mother on south Byers Ave.
charlie, and I have necome real good friends, as he has a lot of the same interests I have, such as Gospel Quartet singing and country music.
We sit at our computers and chat for hours, and talk on the phone some too In knowing charlie williams, and his Mother, I have now started wanting to visit Joplin and the area around Joplin.
I have pulled several good pictures of the city of Joplin from online, and would like to have some more pictures of the city too.
If the people of Joplin are anything like charlie williams and his mother, Joplin has some very wonderful people there.
Does anyone know about the area where they live on Byers Ave.?
Thank you very much.
Terry Harpole

Old 09-10-2008, 07:53 PM

1,238 posts, read 4,470,554 times
Byers street is a couple blocks west of Main Street in Joplin. What do you want to know about the area?

Old 09-10-2008, 09:15 PM

yea, its like 50 blocks long as well!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri