Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2008, 08:13 PM

1,238 posts, read 4,469,458 times

Advertisements

If someone would run an air service to Dallas that could meet or beat the price from Tulsa or Springfield, they would have a large base in the tourism industry, since Dallas is such a hub. As it is, its cheaper to drive to Tulsa or NW Ark. to catch a Dallas connection. Until they can meet Springfield's price, they are doomed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2008, 08:19 PM

2,201 posts, read 2,514,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firebll31 View Post
If someone would run an air service to Dallas that could meet or beat the price from Tulsa or Springfield, they would have a large base in the tourism industry, since Dallas is such a hub. As it is, its cheaper to drive to Tulsa or NW Ark. to catch a Dallas connection. Until they can meet Springfield's price, they are doomed.
I agree with that. I fly quite often for work and to visit family. I jump between KC and Springfield mostly. I have taken the Joplin to KC trip twice and it is much faster but not really cost efective. I know of two people that work in KC and travel through the Joplin airport twice per week. They love it. As for the small planes and the lack of choices, I cannot say the same. I will say that if you lived here and family was coming to visit once in a while, it would be fine. But if you fly as much as I do ( at least once per month) you would probably avoid it.

Old 03-06-2008, 07:08 AM

10 posts, read 38,342 times
Default nobody cares down here

Up north there were web sites to warn people of fraudulent buisness (most are today in croney capitalism). Only web site about Joplin I can find is this one. Their are a QUARTER OF A MILLION people here in the day. Way behind the times here considering all the hordes of people.. Recycling, buisness, technology, jobs, pay, all behind the times. 1 year and 8 months I can go home! Its sad because a local hospital is giving my wife 2 years free schooling at $10,000. They of course hope she will stay but it isn't going to happen. We tried to keep open mind but we have been ripped off and the laws are different down here. No wonder theres so much poverty down here. Get these crooks in the mansions down here to pay ALOT more taxes like the north. Remember MOST got there assests from the good ol lie, cheat, steal rinse , repeat system. Time to wake up Mo and become a blue state!

Old 03-06-2008, 08:44 AM

870 posts, read 3,081,059 times
Default NObody???!!???

Sounds like a pity party, to me....And you caught me on a bad day!

You could try being more specific in your complaints.... can't really figure out what you are rambling about. (What fraudulant businesses?) All of our towns could use updating and "greening up", but that takes tax money!

All I got is that MO is good enough to give your wife $10K worth of free education and you have the nerve to call (tax paying) people "crooks"?!? ALOT more taxes like the North who? North Koreans? North Americans?!?

Get a grip...

Where's Home?

Don't wait...go now before you take some other favor from our great state that someone else would really appreciate!

Old 03-06-2008, 12:05 PM

419 posts, read 1,181,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlynn0217 View Post

You could try being more specific in your complaints.... can't really figure out what you are rambling about. (What fraudulant businesses?) All of our towns could use updating and "greening up", but that takes tax money!

All I got is that MO is good enough to give your wife $10K worth of free education and you have the nerve to call (tax paying) people "crooks"?!? ALOT more taxes like the North who? North Koreans? North Americans?!?

Get a grip...

Where's Home?

Don't wait...go now before you take some other favor from our great state that someone else would really appreciate!
Thank you!

Old 03-06-2008, 12:23 PM

2,896 posts, read 6,632,726 times
Quote:

Get a grip...

Where's Home?

atta girl!!! wOOt

Old 03-06-2008, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by holmeed View Post
Get these crooks in the mansions down here to pay ALOT more taxes like the north. Remember MOST got there assests from the good ol lie, cheat, steal rinse , repeat system.
Riiight.......... I went to school and got a career. I paid 150k in student loans. To say that
Quote:
MOST got there assests from the good ol lie, cheat, steal rinse , repeat system.
is just absurd. I dont know whats got you all in a bunch bro, but life's to short! Be happy
Quote:
Originally Posted by da jammer View Post
atta girl!!! wOOt

another wOOt

Old 03-07-2008, 07:42 AM

Default Ahhhh...

Thank you for your support, MO peeps!!

I don't usually get riled up like that, but I couldn't help myself! I understand "looking a gift horse in the mouth" now, very clearly!! http://bestsmileys.com/horses1/22.gif (broken link)

Although "someone" reminds me of the other end!!
http://bestsmileys.com/horses1/25.gif (broken link)

OH! And Have a nice day

Old 03-09-2008, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Thank you for your support, MO peeps!!

I don't usually get riled up like that, but I couldn't help myself! I understand "looking a gift horse in the mouth" now, very clearly!! http://bestsmileys.com/horses1/22.gif (broken link)

Although "someone" reminds me of the other end!!
http://bestsmileys.com/horses1/25.gif (broken link)

OH! And Have a nice day
we gotcha back

Old 03-21-2008, 12:14 PM

Default Happy Easter!

Just a note to say Hello and wish you all a Hippity Hoppity Happy Easter!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri