Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2016, 09:37 AM

184 posts, read 143,862 times

Advertisements

We will be going on a road trip through Missouri (from Branson to Springfield up to St. Louis and then down 55 to Memphis) later this year. I've found most of the tourist attractions we want to hit up, but I haven't found many distilleries. I'm hoping some locals may know of some off our route that they can recommend. If there is a cool winery or brewery you would also suggest that's roughly along that route, please let me know as well. The trip is mostly for our daughter . . . but my husband would very much enjoy visiting some distilleries!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2016, 03:13 PM

Thanks! I'd found copper run but not crown valley.

Old 07-21-2016, 03:37 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,466,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcwick View Post
Thanks! I'd found copper run but not crown valley.
You're welcome. Copper Run opened to the public three or four years ago. Crown Valley is new to the area and we haven't been yet. Copper Run makes some good shine! Enjoy!

Old 07-25-2016, 09:18 AM

2,233 posts, read 3,163,064 times
You will not find the best Missouri distilleries on the internet. Remember, this is one of 2 states in the nation with legalized moonshining. In fact, it's in the state constitution.

But, Mother's brewing in Springfeild is definitely worth a stop and StL has a bunch of small brewpubs, that range from fairly good to gross.

For distilleries, Pinckney Bend in New Haven produces some of the best quality spirits in MO, and there are a 2 or 3 (maybe more by now) distillers in StL, though I've never sampled their spirits.

Old 07-25-2016, 10:08 AM

3,287 posts, read 2,302,481 times
Don't miss Missouri Wine Country.

Old 07-26-2016, 08:39 PM

396 posts, read 653,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by s.davis View Post
You will not find the best Missouri distilleries on the internet. Remember, this is one of 2 states in the nation with legalized moonshining. In fact, it's in the state constitution.

But, Mother's brewing in Springfeild is definitely worth a stop and StL has a bunch of small brewpubs, that range from fairly good to gross.

For distilleries, Pinckney Bend in New Haven produces some of the best quality spirits in MO, and there are a 2 or 3 (maybe more by now) distillers in StL, though I've never sampled their spirits.

I can echo Pinckney Bend - Good gin,

Welcome to Pinckney Bend Distillery

Also Wood Hat in New Florence, I enjoyed the blue corn whiskey

Wood Hat Spirits

If you want to make the most of your trip - Take highway 19 north from 44 at Cuba MO, hit up Swiss Sausage in Swiss Mo (well worth it) Continue into Hermann Mo - visit the wineries - Then head to New Haven, (Pinckney Bend) then on to St Louis via 100 thru Washington Mo (they have a downtown that is worth a visit) or north to New Florence (Wood Hat) then take 70 east to StL

Old 08-02-2016, 07:42 PM

We ended up hitting Ts Redneck Steakhouse and very much enjoyed their spirits - we bought a lot of moonshine and whiskey there. We also hit Crown Valley and bought some from there as well as Missouri Mountain Man (Crown Valley and MoMntn Man were both in Branson.) We hit a LOT of wineries around St. Genevieve and several breweries in St. Louis. Very good trip!

We will hopefully go that way again and hit some of the other recommendations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri