Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2008, 11:00 PM

25,464 posts, read 13,523,237 times

Advertisements

Breakfast, more food? Hmmmm, you are right Mrs.G. He be a keeper.

mamagator is having way too much fun on her patch o' the Missouri.

And kshe, y'all need to get your b*** over here. And enjoy.

See y'all later. Happy thoughts to everyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2008, 11:08 PM

23,410 posts, read 36,823,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwoods Voyager View Post

And kshe, y'all need to get your b*** over here. And enjoy.

See y'all later. Happy thoughts to everyone.
NW, I wanna do that more than i can ever tell ya! BTW, thanks for taking me to 700!

Old 03-15-2008, 11:13 PM

1,635 posts, read 3,638,591 times
http://mediaphoto.doctissimo.fr/dossiers/t/a/tartalacreme/grands-smileys/IM_2522.gif (broken link) Whoohoo! Congratulations on reaching 700, kshe! http://mediaphoto.doctissimo.fr/dossiers/t/a/tartalacreme/grands-smileys/TN-4790-bulle-de-savon.gif (broken link) Let the party begin!

Old 03-15-2008, 11:23 PM

this is just another reason I love hanging with my Mo folks! Y'all are just the best!

Old 03-16-2008, 06:38 AM

774 posts, read 1,412,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
aint it great to do your own thing on your own patch of property???? I have been working like a dog to get done what I need to do before the endless summer sets in down here..... kudos to ya, mamagator, tried to rep ya, but they said nay!

It sure is great to be able to do what we want on our land. Being in Douglas county there are no building or zoning codes "yet"! Back in Indiana you had to get a permit for about anything you did on your own land. You couldn't put in a fence post without a permit. One guy built a nice dog house and got in trouble for it. That is one of the reason we left Indiana! You couldn't even have an vehicle sitting on your property unless it was plated! And the taxes there were outrageous! My property taxes were about $2,000. a year for 5.16 acres. Here for 25 acres of wooded land the 2007 taxes were UNDER $10.00 (they will probably go up now that we have the cabin and barn) but I can rob my piggy bank and pay the $10.00!!!

Thanks for the kudos kshe95girl.

Y'all are welcome to come and enjoy my bonfire anytime.

Old 03-16-2008, 11:04 AM

Wow, $10??????? We have 10 acres here, and are paying over $500, we have a mobile and a barn, no fancy anything! Man, I wanna come home!

Old 03-17-2008, 12:29 AM

2,140 posts, read 4,429,763 times
Holy schamoley! $10.00???!!! Well, you put that figure down not once but twice, mamagator, so I figure you've got the decimal point in the right place.

I just shudder to think what the property taxes would be on 5.16 acres here in this part of California. http://bestsmileys.com/scared/7.gif (broken link) Scarier than a low-budget horror movie. So $10.00 and Missouri's running a budget surplus, while you'd pay $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ for that same acreage here and we're the better part of $20 billion in red ink for the year. Go figure!

Old 03-17-2008, 01:00 AM

2,140 posts, read 4,429,763 times
Smile Coupla odds and ends

Even though it's getting late in the evening here and it's already the next day back there, hope you all had a great Palm Sunday, and will have a wonderful week leading up to this very early Easter! At our church, our relatively new priest is doing a great job of getting our children and teens involved in activities. There were about 15 or so teens this morning who did a good job of role-playing up in the front of the church while the St. Matthew Passion was being read, which was great to see! I think our congregation was both pleasantly surprised, and got a lot out of it. Anywho, I was really happy to see our Sister Kathleen in the congregation, though I didn't get a chance to talk to her. A few weeks ago, she collapsed outside of the church and had to be taken by ambulance to the hospital--an apparent heart attack as far as I know. Today, she looked OK all things considered. Thanks to all of you, very much, for keeping her in your prayers and thoughts!

My wife is going to get to see St. Joseph, MO for the first time at last in less than two weeks! We'll be staying in NW MO from the 27th to the 31st, looking at three or four homes for sale and checking out the town. I told her that it's still probably going to be pretty cold when we're there, but we're going to have a wonderful time just the same.

I think I'm going to take this opportunity to let you know that, at least up until now, not much is happening thus far in trying to get our house here in CA sold. It's a real stinkeroo of a real estate market in this area, and we've got the extra hurdle of a big jump in our mobile home park space rent, which might encourage some potential buyers to just take the money they would be paying in space rent to help buy a regular house instead. Do any of you long-timers remember StJoeFanatic and that whole situation with her finally getting her old house sold after it had been on the market way longer than anyone ever expected? I think I'm going to need the same kind of prayer and divine intervention in getting ours sold here too. We're hoping the spring season will get more folks interested in the real estate market. Getting our place sold and making the move back there is going to do us such a world of good overall. We'll miss immediate family and friends, for sure. But we want to start fresh and benefit from Missouri's lower cost of living. Every time we've traveled back there on vacation (I've said this before), we've just taken to Missouri like a duck to a lovely freshwater lake.

Thanks for reading all this! We want to get "over the fence" but really need a good boost right now!

Old 03-17-2008, 06:10 AM

774 posts, read 1,412,177 times
Default Happy St. Patrick's Day

Good Morning and Happy St. Patrick's Day to All! Hope "the luck of the Irish" falls upon all of you.
Don't drink to much Irish Whiskey or Green Beer today though.

Good luck in selling your home NorthbayEric. And have a safe trip to MO. Hope everyone has a wonderful day. It's thundering here right now but not raining yet!

mamagator54

Old 03-17-2008, 07:54 AM

eric, I hope you and the missus have a wonderful time in STJ, and I will be praying for the sale of your home!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri