Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2008, 08:32 PM

25,464 posts, read 13,574,744 times

Advertisements

Good evening y'all...Check out Mo. Events for your Late July and August calendar of events. Lots to do in this beautiful state!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2008, 09:38 AM

774 posts, read 1,418,877 times
Hi all,
Haven't been on CD for a while. Been keeping busy trying to stay cool. Staying indoors as much as possible, so have been doing a lot of cleaning and rearranging. My dh bought me an upright piano for $25.00. Couldn't believe he got it so cheap. It's in great condition and even in tune. I have always wanted to learn to play piano, so I have been practicing every day. I know the notes and such but haven't sat at a piano to learn since I was young. I teaching myself, with the help of the internet and am doing pretty good with the hymn "In the Garden". Only using one hand right now but it's a start.
Have tons of wild blackberries all over our property and picked a bunch a couple days ago... boy are they great over ice cream. Might even make a pie today. Once it cools down this evening I think I'll dress in my BUG Armor and go pick enough to freeze for future use.
Hope everyone has been well. Will try to get back here more often. I miss you all.

Old 07-21-2008, 08:40 AM

25,464 posts, read 13,574,744 times
Hi mamagator....good to 'see' you. Wish you the best w/the piano 'lessons'. I did take lessons as a child, but forgot more than I learned. Years ago bought an old used piano for $50.00. Practiced, as you are doing and was getting very good after awhile. It just takes time. Later sold the piano when we moved to the country. Sure miss it.

Yes, blackberry picking time. I must remember to wear a long sleeved shirt the next time. We did pick enough for cobbler and froze a few quarts. Hope to get some more this week. Good Luck to you in all that you do.

Old 07-21-2008, 01:07 PM

15,971 posts, read 9,385,776 times
I'm back too!!! Hi everyone!

Old 07-21-2008, 05:13 PM

4,682 posts, read 12,059,299 times
Hope NWV made enough cobbler... us creatures that live in the dark like blackberry cobbler... blackberry cobbler (of course with the seeds) is goooooooood.

Old 07-21-2008, 05:23 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,595,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowCaver View Post
Hope NWV made enough cobbler... us creatures that live in the dark like blackberry cobbler... blackberry cobbler (of course with the seeds) is goooooooood.
I may could find some French vanilla ice cream to put along side some cobbler. Just another post here to make me more determined to enjoy MO's good things ASAP. For now I'm stuck here with the Fudge Royal wit a banana.

Old 07-21-2008, 06:31 PM

2,142 posts, read 4,451,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoNative34 View Post
I'm back too!!! Hi everyone!
Hello MoNative! I'm still here--in these forums (good) and in California (what can I say?). But Mrs. NBE and I still have our house here for sale and are wanting to move your way!

Hope you're doing well. We had a great time in St. Joe this past late March, and we also visited the Amish town of Jamesport which we enjoyed greatly. I'll keep you posted on when we can finally get moved back to your area.

Old 07-22-2008, 06:04 PM

871 posts, read 1,985,286 times
Hello Mo! Im in my second week of POST training. I was able to come home early today because of one of our famouse fires. We had to evacuate the premesis. That was alright with me. I have to to tell you NWV and JD I have a newly found deep respect for what you guys do. I have learned so much in this class that I often wonder how you could possibly stay sane after doing this job. Some things I literally block out already because OMG! Thank goodness I will only be taking calls for the school district.

Old 07-22-2008, 08:56 PM

4,682 posts, read 12,059,299 times
Massive hugs for the bentlady!!!

Again, good luck to ya - wishing you best...

Old 07-23-2008, 10:18 PM

871 posts, read 1,985,286 times
Massive hugs to you to Shadow! I sure do miss chattin with everyone. THanks for the Good lucks I appreciate it. I love that Dr.Suess quote by the way.
Speaking of fantasy, have any of you read the "Twilight" series by Stephanie Myers?Man thats some great reads. I wasnt much for vampire stories but this author has me hooked. They already have a movie about made and it will be out in December. I cant wait! Lots of love to you all.....over and out. lol!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri