Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2008, 08:28 PM

25,464 posts, read 13,571,328 times

Advertisements

jdslady. Great news! Amazing isn't it what the body can stand and do to recuperate. Thanks for the update friend. Now you take care!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2008, 02:11 AM

25,464 posts, read 13,571,328 times
Unhappy Attention Fishermaen/Fisherwomen & Hunters

The Missouri Conservation Commission is raising prices on Hunting and Fishing permits. The Conservation Commission is also raising the acreage needed to qualify for a landowner permit to 80 acres!

Many owners of smaller parcels plant a couple of acres for deer, set aside land for quail habitat, and many also guard against poachers. Quite a few hundred dollars are spent by these farmers/landowners each year.

A 30 day public comments period regarding the Conservation Departments new fees and regulations ends on Dec. 16th, To comment, write to: Dave Erickson, Regulations Committee, Missouri Department of Conservation, P.O. Box 180, Jefferson City, MO 65102-0180

If you enjoy hunting and/or fishing, please send a comment asap!!! Thank you!

Old 12-09-2008, 12:42 PM

5,812 posts, read 18,825,170 times
Hey guys. I just got an email from "U.S. Bank". I do not have an account with U.S. Bank.

It gives me a link to "log in" at "U.S. Internet Banking".

Since I do not have an account, I'm guess this is a scam.

Remember, everybody, don't fall for these. Financial institutions: PayPal, banks, etc. will NOT email you asking for log in information or to update your account. So delete the message when you get it.

Old 12-11-2008, 02:57 PM

1,640 posts, read 3,653,662 times
Right on, STL! And let me add that if you get an email saying "someone" has sent you an ecard, DON'T OPEN IT!!! If it was real, they'd give you the person's name...and it would be someone whose name you recognize. When you click on the link and view the card, you will likely be downloading a virus without knowing it. I've seen a lot of these emails in my Junkmail folder.

Here's an important website to save in your bookmarks: snopes.com: Urban Legends Reference Pages

Snopes is dedicated to finding and reporting whether these emails are true or not. Of course, if they're true, you need to know it. If they're not, you don't want to waste your time worrying about them or passing the email on to your friends. You can learn about all sorts of emails there. Whether your email is about missing children, food or medical hazards, BIG PET PICTURES, political or famous people having said or done something, malicious viruses, or whatever....they cover them all!

When I get to the site, I usually click in their Search box up at the top and use the subject line or main words from the email and they will usually give you several reports to choose from. Of course, you can just go there and just browse around, too. It's quite entertaining.

Old 12-11-2008, 04:28 PM

15,971 posts, read 9,381,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsgenealogy View Post
Snopes is dedicated to finding and reporting whether these emails are true or not. Of course, if they're true, you need to know it. If they're not, you don't want to waste your time worrying about them or passing the email on to your friends. You can learn about all sorts of emails there. Whether your email is about missing children, food or medical hazards, BIG PET PICTURES, political or famous people having said or done something, malicious viruses, or whatever....they cover them all!

It's quite entertaining.

mmhhmmm... Maybe I should look there to find out whether Missouri is Southern or Midwestern

hmmmmm.....

The truth is out there somewhere and someday, I shall find it..

Old 12-11-2008, 06:45 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,564,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoNative34 View Post
mmhhmmm... Maybe I should look there to find out whether Missouri is Southern or Midwestern

hmmmmm.....

The truth is out there somewhere and someday, I shall find it..
Thanks for the good laugh. I needed it.

Old 12-12-2008, 10:32 AM

5,812 posts, read 18,825,170 times
Dad had to help some lady yesterday. She was stopped in the middle of the road with her head out the window trying to drive.

Dad helped her scrape off her windshield. She said "I'm from Florida. Is this what you call freezing rain?"

Old 12-12-2008, 07:10 PM

1 posts, read 1,603 times
Unhappy I am a Grandparent in need of advice!

To make a long story short, we have a 26 year old daughter with a 1 year old daughter. Our daughter is not married to the father, but the father is trying to take control of our Granddaughter, due to the fact that our daughter is not always available to the Granddaughter. We would like to be with her more often and the father believes he should control her every movement. Do we not have rights as Grandparents?

Old 12-12-2008, 10:11 PM

1,640 posts, read 3,653,662 times
Verrry funny, MONative! Don't hold your breath! You sure you don't want to take ajf's word on it?
~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*
Now, THAT'S funny, STL! I don't care WHO you are! I've actually btdt on a foggy night with snow on the ground in the mountains, though! Pretty scary stuff!

If I remember correctly, from what we've heard of Florida's weather this week, she could have been in the same situation if she had stayed at home, too! Now, THAT'S WEIRD!

Old 12-13-2008, 09:20 AM

6,044 posts, read 24,086,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chidrush View Post
To make a long story short, we have a 26 year old daughter with a 1 year old daughter. Our daughter is not married to the father, but the father is trying to take control of our Granddaughter, due to the fact that our daughter is not always available to the Granddaughter. We would like to be with her more often and the father believes he should control her every movement. Do we not have rights as Grandparents?
Not really, although I have heard of grandparents who successfully obtained custody of a grandchild if 1. the child had been living with them for an extended period of time, and 2. both parents were found to be less than adequate parents.

What you might want to do is help your daughter get a lawyer, and have custody arrangements formally made, that protect her rights, and then she can ensure you see your grandchild.

Last edited by ShadowCaver; 12-13-2008 at 10:14 AM.. Reason: added quoted post...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri