Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2006, 07:20 AM

1,093 posts, read 3,796,331 times

Advertisements

So who is ready for the "blizzard" we are supposed to get.. YAY. I am stoked.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2006, 07:24 AM

2,815 posts, read 12,986,901 times
A little snow would be fine, but I'm a bit worried about the freezing rain before the snow comes as sawing up fallen tree limbs is a lot of work and where I live, if I lose power due to falling power lines, I can expect to be out of juice for a week ... so my fingers are crossed that we won't get an ice storm tonight.

Old 11-29-2006, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMark View Post
A little snow would be fine, but I'm a bit worried about the freezing rain before the snow comes as sawing up fallen tree limbs is a lot of work and where I live, if I lose power due to falling power lines, I can expect to be out of juice for a week ... so my fingers are crossed that we won't get an ice storm tonight.
You're telling me!! Look at how bad people drive in STL on a normal day. Throw precipitation of any kind in there..and all hell breaks loose. Not to mention I drive a lil chevy Aveo, I hit the tiniest thing, and I will prolly total that thing.

Old 11-29-2006, 07:52 AM

339 posts, read 1,424,822 times
Stoked doesn't begin to describe it. I live for this stuff. I love to have the roads so bad that nobody expects you to be anywhere in a hurry. It's an automatic forced transition to a slower pace for a few days. It brings opportunities to help your neighbor and the kids have a blast on a snow day.

A major snow storm is the closest thing to a Norman Rockwell painting brought to life. Here's hoping for 2 feet.

Old 11-29-2006, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozarks21 View Post
Stoked doesn't begin to describe it. I live for this stuff. I love to have the roads so bad that nobody expects you to be anywhere in a hurry. It's an automatic forced transition to a slower pace for a few days. It brings opportunities to help your neighbor and the kids have a blast on a snow day.

A major snow storm is the closest thing to a Norman Rockwell painting brought to life. Here's hoping for 2 feet.
Yeah, except when you work for a company that requires you to be at work no matter what. 24/7 call center doesn't take "the streets are bad" as an excuse. I can see them doing it down in the southern more parts of MO though because they probably don't get to clear all the back roads as well. In Saint Louis, its bad when its just rain.... throw snow/sleet on it and people get 41684684653568 times as stupid. Ick. I love how pretty the snow looks on the trees, and grass.
That's it. Just there..haha

Old 11-29-2006, 02:52 PM

12 posts, read 43,906 times
Funny I think KY3 had the warnings Flood watch, Tornado watch, Thunderstorm watch, and winter storm warning, all at once this afternoon. they predict ice or 2-12 inches of snow. all this when at that time it was 70 outside. I think they have their bases pretty well covered. Should be one of those!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri