Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2018, 02:39 AM

936 posts, read 824,184 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOforthewin View Post
Of course the judge appoints another liberal prosecutor instead of just letting this die.

This is all political now.
Small world. Peters is the prosecutor for Jackson County (Kansas City). You know who else used to be the Jackson County prosecutor? Claire McCaskill.

That's where I met McCaskill for the first time, when I used to be a reporter in Kansas City.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2018, 11:32 AM

3,833 posts, read 3,344,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDM66 View Post
Small world. Peters is the prosecutor for Jackson County (Kansas City). You know who else used to be the Jackson County prosecutor? Claire McCaskill.

That's where I met McCaskill for the first time, when I used to be a reporter in Kansas City.
She's another corrupt to the max clown.

Old 05-23-2018, 12:17 PM

19,722 posts, read 10,128,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOforthewin View Post
She's another corrupt to the max clown.
So is Greitens.

Old 05-23-2018, 03:35 PM

Minor but funny.

I thought the governor didn't drive? They are under the protection of the highway patrol so I figured they never did their own driving. Seems kind of risky the governor goes out and about without security.

Gov. Greitens caught speeding, but 'no need' for a ticket | The Kansas City Star

Old 05-29-2018, 03:36 PM

2,361 posts, read 2,538,277 times
He just quit.
Embattled Gov. Eric Greitens resigns | Law and order | stltoday.com

Old 05-29-2018, 03:55 PM

435 posts, read 176,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrano View Post
Man you can tell he was boiling inside after that resignation speech. I wonder who applied the pressure that finally broke him. Wonder if he got a call from the president because it was impacting the Hawley McCaskill race

Old 05-29-2018, 04:38 PM

2,361 posts, read 2,538,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cofor View Post
Man you can tell he was boiling inside after that resignation speech. I wonder who applied the pressure that finally broke him. Wonder if he got a call from the president because it was impacting the Hawley McCaskill race
The timing indicates otherwise. His office announced his appearance this afternoon shortly after a Cole County judge ordered him (or more precisely, his nonprofit) to produce documents pertaining to the alleged campaign violations to the legislative investigative committee. I’ve suspected all along that that was going to damage him more than the sex thing. In fact, his resignation is on the same day as the documents are due. The latter isn’t dispositive, but I’m guessing his team saw that the documents’ contents were going to be too much for even his supporters to ignore, and he’d at least be impeached, and probably convicted and removed from office.

Remember that the Republicans hold supermajorities in both legislative houses. This wasn’t some liberal cabal leading this—Democrats can’t lead anything in Jefferson City these days except a small carpool to Paddy Malone’s. There’s more than just a little bit of revenge on the legislature’s part going on, which mean Republicans—as I’ve said here before, Greitens was a total jerk to anyone in the lege (especially Republicans) who dared say anything negative about his agenda. When I drove to Jeff this morning, I saw yet another another billboard attacking Senator Schaaf...who’s term-limited and not running for anything. The dark money paid for those ads.

Old 05-29-2018, 04:49 PM

435 posts, read 176,199 times
I wondered about the subpoenas, but Greitens seemed so resolute to fight to the death I thought he was in it for the long haul. Ready to burn it down all down. Trust me, I agree with you, I am no Greitens fan. As a politician, he was just an empty vessel feeding on Trumpism with no real plans except the next office he wanted to run for.

I voted for Brunner in the primaries and Koster in the general. I couldn't vote for Greitens.

As far as I can tell, he ran as a family man who blows things up and shoots guns. Not only did he cheat on his wife, he hasn't blown up one thing since getting into office. Talk about broken campaign promises.

Old 05-29-2018, 07:37 PM

19,722 posts, read 10,128,243 times
Quote:
I wondered about the subpoenas, but Greitens seemed so resolute to fight to the death I thought he was in it for the long haul. Ready to burn it down all down. Trust me, I agree with you, I am no Greitens fan. As a politician, he was just an empty vessel feeding on Trumpism with no real plans except the next office he wanted to run for.

I voted for Brunner in the primaries and Koster in the general. I couldn't vote for Greitens.

As far as I can tell, he ran as a family man who blows things up and shoots guns. Not only did he cheat on his wife, he hasn't blown up one thing since getting into office. Talk about broken campaign promises.
I think Hawley is the same way. He doesn't care about doing anything, one office is just the step to the next one.

Old 05-29-2018, 09:26 PM

Quote:

He did follow thru on trying to make MO better for business, but otherwise not much.

Like being pro gun he really hasn't done jack. Like asking lawmakers to loosen restrictions where to carry after these school shootings.

Last two years there have been bills to address this and he didn't make any statements about it or pressure them to pass a bill but he sure didn't mind making campaign videos shooting guns and looking all pro gun.

At least with Jay Nixon the Republicans had an incentive to pass stuff like permit less carry so they could embarrass the democrap overriding all his vetoes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri