Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2018, 09:51 AM

19,718 posts, read 10,118,354 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
Did you get some woman with a British accent? That's who I got.

I was polite. I've had telephone survey jobs (not political ones) and they are very difficult jobs to do. Person on the phone is just doing their job.
After the 3rd or 4th time being told no, they should take me off the list.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2018, 10:47 PM

3,833 posts, read 3,339,660 times
New poll out the other day shows Hawley with a 3 point lead over Claire.

This whole Brett Kavanaugh character assassination is really going to bite the democrats hard I think, especially since the accuser won't speak at the hearing Monday. Plus, the democrats waited this long to suddenly bring this up as a latch ditch weapon to try and influence the elections and possibly derail him.

Wanting the FBI to investigate something 30 something years ago, really no evidence to go by on a story that's shady to begin with. No federal crime committed here in the first place. Waste of government money.

If this whole thing turns out to be a farce, and Claire still votes against him, she's done at election time IMO. I expect her and Bill Nelson to both vote against him regardless. Manchin will vote for him though since he will likely be confirmed anyone. Don't want to lose his seat.

Bill Nelson is more liberal than Claire McCaskill so I expect him not to confirm. It could really hurt him since the race is tight, BUT Florida overall is a more liberal state. I expect Nelson to win by about 3 points because of high liberal turnout for Andrew Gillum which I HATE to say it will probably be my next governor and because he's a fairly popular incumbent, more so than Claire.

Old 09-19-2018, 05:59 PM

Well Claire just announced she's not voting for him but nothing to do with these allegations but his views. Hopefully this cost her the election.

https://www.ksdk.com/article/news/lo...t/63-596351149

Old 09-19-2018, 09:49 PM

435 posts, read 176,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOforthewin View Post
Well Claire just announced she's not voting for him but nothing to do with these allegations but his views. Hopefully this cost her the election.

https://www.ksdk.com/article/news/lo...t/63-596351149
No one in their right mind ever expected her to vote for the anti-abortion supreme court justice that would undermine Roe and join with the citizens united crew to increase the swampiness of government and pick away at worker's rights. Also, more progressives would be turned off if she did vote for him, and moderates want a neutral court. Republicans are overplaying their hand just like the democrats did in 2008 except far worse. Lastly Kavanaugh is like the least popular judicial nominee that I can remember. Maybe Harriet Meyer, but the majority of people don't support his appointment, and that was before this new debacle with the allegations.

Old 09-19-2018, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Quayle_Higgins_III View Post
No one in their right mind ever expected her to vote for the anti-abortion supreme court justice that would undermine Roe and join with the citizens united crew to increase the swampiness of government and pick away at worker's rights. Also, more progressives would be turned off if she did vote for him, and moderates want a neutral court. Republicans are overplaying their hand just like the democrats did in 2008 except far worse. Lastly Kavanaugh is like the least popular judicial nominee that I can remember. Maybe Harriet Meyer, but the majority of people don't support his appointment, and that was before this new debacle with the allegations.
The democraps picked some random tramp to pay off to make up BS. Again. What about all the lawsuits and such Clinton faced and he was still elected President.

Old 09-20-2018, 05:27 AM

20,104 posts, read 9,011,934 times
this "investigation" will be conducted Monday by the Senate Judiciary Committee, which is where it belongs.

FBI investigation of a 36 year old high school party? ..lol

ridiculous, nobody's buying it.

Old 09-20-2018, 09:44 AM

435 posts, read 176,010 times
Quote:
The democraps picked some random tramp to pay off to make up BS. Again. What about all the lawsuits and such Clinton faced and he was still elected President.
Except that nothing in my comment was contingent on the allegations. All of these things were true prior to them being made, they are still true now.

I am not a fan of how and when the allegations were brought to light, but I also don't see why having the FBI take statements of those allegedly involved under oath is a problem. I would rather them do it than a partisan panel of nitwits. It would take one day, maybe two and if I were Kavanaugh, I would want to do it.

Kavanaugh has between 31-38% of the US electorate saying he should be confirmed before these allegations. Most people don't want an extreme or political court. Also, people know he is willing to lie because of his ridiculous statement about Trump's thoroughness and reverence for the legal system in his nomination press conference. As I said, the GOP is overplaying their hand like the Democrats did in 08. Most people do not want their government or courts extreme in either direction

Last edited by J_Quayle_Higgins_III; 09-20-2018 at 09:52 AM..

Old 09-20-2018, 09:01 PM

3,618 posts, read 3,054,504 times
Isn't it time for the GOP to just come out and openly embrace it's love for rape culture? Known or suspected assault of women is darn near pre-requisite for GOP membership these days. I hope women show up in big numbers this November.

Old 09-21-2018, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zach_33 View Post
Isn't it time for the GOP to just come out and openly embrace it's love for rape culture? Known or suspected assault of women is darn near pre-requisite for GOP membership these days. I hope women show up in big numbers this November.
What about slick willie?

Old 09-21-2018, 09:54 PM

685 posts, read 767,344 times
Quote:
What about slick willie?
What about him? That was decades ago.

A majority of Americans today weren't even old enough to vote when that occurred.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri