Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 09:26 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,164,268 times

Advertisements

We Won't miss her a bit.imo She just needs to suck a crawdad head or two and get back to normal or maybe her boudan sausage levels are a little low.I sure hope she get's to feeling better. Maybe just another case of waking up on the wrong side of the crawdad! lol

Old 03-24-2008, 09:45 AM

774 posts, read 1,412,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCoDude View Post
Hoosier is a charming St. Louis term meaning "white trash" or "redneck." You are not an official St. Louisan unless you can use the term with deftness and ease. I try to pepper my vocabulary with the term at least 23 times a day. Unless I'm busy making a meth run or studying for my GED--in which case I'm inaudible for most of the day and thus unable to fulfill my daily quota.

Bein' as I was borned and raised in Indiana I'm a guess'n as a Hoosier I'm "white trash and a redneck". Now that I live in Missouri I'm guess'n, (according to the OP) I can add "Stupid Druggie" to that title..

Proud to be where I'm from and where I am now.

Old 03-24-2008, 10:01 AM

870 posts, read 3,071,065 times
Default Just wait!

If they thought MO was bad, wait til they get to Shreveport!

When I was there last, it seemed to be a filthy, crime ridden, economically strained city! That was before it was inundated with refugees from Katrina!

Different strokes for different folks!! But reality bites!

Old 03-24-2008, 10:18 AM

1,291 posts, read 2,883,986 times
Doesn't everyone find it a little funny that she is bragging up 2 associate’s degrees?
That aren't quite completed???

And she has "been to college." What kind of degree does that get you? The "I drove thru the campus and got knocked up" doctorate? Or how about the "I drank too much and can't find my car" minor?

Where is the OP, we need some clarification!

Old 03-24-2008, 11:01 AM

2,140 posts, read 4,431,042 times
Quote:
Haha. Lord Chesterfield? Well...I've been called worse. lol.
It really is a term of endearment--I think you know that!

Quote:
And, yes, in reality I am excessively educated. I've got a Masters and am on my way to a JD. Which makes this whole thread so ridiculous. Most of my neighbors have graduate degrees and second homes in Aspen.
Good for you, and keep pressing on to the goal of earning your JD! Don't let stuff like these kinds of forum threads be too much of a distraction and get in the way of concentrating on acquiring it.

Quote:
Now....if you'll excuse me I'm going to go back to watchin' wrastlin' with my buddies Joe Don and Cletus. We've got a cooler full of PBR and a giant industrial-sized bag of Premium Wal-Mart pork rinds waiting for us.
If we'll excuse you?! You mean to say that the three of you are going to see who gets to become the WWE World Heavyweight Champion and you didn't invite any of us over??!! Well!! How you likes them apples, folks?........ Sheesh, even Duke and Doll Lady didn't get invites (see //www.city-data.com/forum/games...t-3-a-453.html).

Should we all go over and crash their party? heh heh....

Last edited by northbayeric; 03-24-2008 at 11:16 AM.. Reason: Duke and Doll Lady Shunned!!

Old 03-24-2008, 11:19 AM

26,375 posts, read 46,238,636 times
Quote:
And, yes, in reality I am excessively educated. I've got a Masters and am on my way to a JD. Which makes this whole thread so ridiculous. Most of my neighbors have graduate degrees and second homes in Aspen.
You can have those yuppie mountain areas in Colorado. Most of those areas are ridiculously overpriced and prone to wildfires during the dry season. New Hampshire has much more affordable properties with MTN views with MUCH MUCH lower fire risks.

Old 03-24-2008, 11:35 AM

386 posts, read 1,687,963 times
Northbay: Since we didn't have any meth to share, I thought it would be unbecoming to invite you guys over. I mean...in Missouri you offer your guests meth like you offer your guests wine in other parts of the country.

Plains10: Yeah...you're telling me! I'm from Colorado originally and I've never been to Aspen. Way overpriced and the people are just....pathetic. John Kerry would be a hoosier compared to most folks there. I don't have a second home and I don't foresee myself ever needing one. I'm happy right where I am. (Though, I won't lie, come mid-July in Missouri a nice spread in....oh....Greenland doesn't sound too bad).

Old 03-24-2008, 01:56 PM

26,375 posts, read 46,238,636 times
Quote:
Northbay: Since we didn't have any meth to share, I thought it would be unbecoming to invite you guys over. I mean...in Missouri you offer your guests meth like you offer your guests wine in other parts of the country.

Plains10: Yeah...you're telling me! I'm from Colorado originally and I've never been to Aspen. Way overpriced and the people are just....pathetic. John Kerry would be a hoosier compared to most folks there. I don't have a second home and I don't foresee myself ever needing one. I'm happy right where I am. (Though, I won't lie, come mid-July in Missouri a nice spread in....oh....Greenland doesn't sound too bad).
My parents are retired and are looking at some properties in NH for a year-round home. Many have mountain views (from a distance), and some of them are decently priced at 250K and under. Small states have an advantage because you can be in a rural area yet only an hour away from a major airport or larger city. I also like the fact that New England has a lot of family-run ski resorts that are smaller in scale compared with the huge operations in the Rockies. I have found the people overall to be more laid back and not overly materialistic like what I noticed in Colorado.

Last edited by GraniteStater; 03-24-2008 at 06:12 PM..

Old 03-24-2008, 03:13 PM

23,410 posts, read 36,834,968 times
-sitting at work, giggling like mad at the posts, co-workers getting a bit curious- You hoosiers are just my cuppa tea! oops, I think I meant meth.

Old 03-24-2008, 03:29 PM

2,140 posts, read 4,431,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
-sitting at work, giggling like mad at the posts, co-workers getting a bit curious- You hoosiers are just my cuppa tea! oops, I think I meant meth.
Meth by the cup??????!!!!!! That's too scary to think about--although in Missouri that's probably how it comes, lol. Hope y'all have some very patient and understanding dentists back there. Jeesh, I can't even handle caffeine that well. If I'm posting to these forums around 1 or 2 am Pacific time, it probably means I ate some dark chocolate around 8 pm the previous day!

Anyway, Lord Chesterfield Dude, that was a great comeback! We won't crash your party--Joe Don and Cletus can relax and have a jim-dandy time. And if you ever come out this way (Sonoma County, CA Wine Country) before I get moved back to Missouri, I shall serve you some fine Petit Verdot, Cabernet Franc or a hearty Zinfandel!

Last edited by northbayeric; 03-24-2008 at 03:43 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri